Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

countdown- new tones album

Started by Northcal, Jul 03, 2015, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N0S3BLEED976

I'm not even hyped anymore. The constant delays and other great albums that were released in 2015 really killed it for me

RaptureWS

New single possibly on January 15th.

http://kfmx.com/deftones-onsale-date-moved-to-january-15th/

From the article......"The onsale date was moved to coincide with the release of the bands first single from their new album."

I was really hoping for something before Christmas but at least I know roughly when to expect it now.

When people whisper it makes her nervous.

cvthedrv

possibly
possibly
possibly
possibly
possibly
possibly
possibly
possibly
possibly

sharinglungs

We think there is a very good chance that the band will be offering the single as a free download with each ticket purchased.

NYRexall

It only took them six weeks from the time KNY was announced and the Leathers single was released before KNY officially dropped. So if Jan. 15 is the (tentative) release date for the first single, can we logically expect the new album by the end of Feb?

sharinglungs

Quote from: NYRexall on Dec 25, 2015, 12:28 AM
It only took them six weeks from the time KNY was announced and the Leathers single was released before KNY officially dropped. So if Jan. 15 is the (tentative) release date for the first single, can we logically expect the new album by the end of Feb?

No. Their UK Promoter said April.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: RaptureWS on Dec 18, 2015, 08:01 PM

From the article......"The onsale date was moved to coincide with the release of the bands first single from their new album."

I was really hoping for something before Christmas but at least I know roughly when to expect it now.

So... any word on if this is still the plan?  Only two more hours!  I mean... days!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

sharinglungs

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Jan 13, 2016, 04:06 PM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Dec 18, 2015, 08:01 PM

So... any word on if this is still the plan?  Only two more hours!  I mean... days!
we'll have to wait til friday or if they give us some information before that..other than that no one knows unfortunately

N0S3BLEED976

Haha, as if it's gonna happen... If the album drops in April we'll hear a single in march, if at all. Wouldn't surprise me if the album gets further delayed for whatever reason. I lost all my optimism towards the album release after all the delays and letdowns provided by the band and management.

sharinglungs

There's literally been 1 delay. From Nov 20th to spring.

xbloodycape

I thought we were expecting the album sept 25 at one point?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

N0S3BLEED976

It was planned to be released around summer, then got a tentative date for September, which got pushed back to November. Then there was no word from the band until well after the planned release in November until Abe (I think) confirmed the delay to early 2016. They were talking about March until somehow April was suddenly the new date. Quite a few delays with very little input from the band.

I remember Abe also hoping to debut a new song at a UK Festival in Summer 2014, which didn't happen, obviously. Then there was the tour in 2015 were everyone anticipated a new song to finally be played live, which also didn't happen because the band thought it would be a great idea to wait until the album release. I'm not entitled to anything and I bet the music will be great, but everything about this new album was a constant build-up of anticipation and eventual letdown for me personally. I'm just tired of the band/management being so vague and carefree.

xbloodycape

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jan 13, 2016, 08:31 PM
[Snip]

I have to agree. Well said

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sharinglungs

The band literally has no say in when the album comes out. They get told when, then they get dicked around, just like we do. They can still play a new song with the upcoming dates. No one said they were waiting til the album is released.

RaptureWS

The article that addressed the Lubbock show presale and the new single was removed three or four days ago. I emailed the radio station manager and also wrote them on Facebook. Both responses were very similar and just said "More information coming soon". Obviously it is now very unlikely we get a new song Friday. I just wish the label or the band's management or whoever else would be a bit more transparent. Even if there will be no new single until March, at least let us know. Maybe no one knows though....
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

therealdaebat

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jan 13, 2016, 09:50 PM
The band literally has no say in when the album comes out. They get told when, then they get dicked around, just like we do. They can still play a new song with the upcoming dates. No one said they were waiting til the album is released.

Nope, you're wrong.

Frank Delgado in a recent interview:

"You know what's cool? We had some [release] dates that were already kind of tentative. But we were [putting the finishing touches on the album] and the label actually came in. They were, like, 'Hey, guys, for the first time ever, you guys wanna just take your time, make it right, and then we'll release it in the first [quarter] of the year?' And we were, like, 'Wow! Yeah. That sounds great.' And that was actually how we wrote the record. We would go and we'd meet up in L.A. and we'd write for, like, two-three weeks, we'd go home for a week or two weeks, and we'd go back to L.A. and write for a month, then go home for three weeks. So it was very relaxed and very chill. Then we'd do a couple of shows in between all that, and then we were ableto jam our ideas on soundcheck. And we have never done it like that. Usually we'd be, like... They'd say, 'You need a record out at this time.' And then you're, like, 'Oh, shit! We've gotta go in the studio.' Now you've gotta be creative and turn it on within this short amount of time, and write and record. But this one's been hella cool, because it's been at our own pace, at our discretion, and it's been different and really good. And it works for us too, especially now at this time in particular for who we are as musicians and men. A lot of the guys got kids and families, so it worked out for that part of the thing really well."
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

2MoreHours

It's hard to get excited about an album when you don't even know when it's coming out.  :-\

Hinojos

Quote from: RaptureWS on Jan 14, 2016, 02:53 AM
The article that addressed the Lubbock show presale and the new single was removed three or four days ago. I emailed the radio station manager and also wrote them on Facebook. Both responses were very similar and just said "More information coming soon". Obviously it is now very unlikely we get a new song Friday. I just wish the label or the band's management or whoever else would be a bit more transparent. Even if there will be no new single until March, at least let us know. Maybe no one knows though....
Damn, I'm in Amarillo (about 2 hrs away from Lubbock) so this is depressing. Hopefully it's at least pushed back a bit instead of just scrapped. When I went in 2013 it was a larger festival instead of just them headlining with a few openers, so maybe they're situating that but idk.

Prty