Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

countdown- new tones album

Started by Northcal, Jul 03, 2015, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANattyRat

It's funny, for how random their album/song titles are, it just doesn't seem Deftones-like at all. Plus the only reason the release date got pushed back was so they could take their time naming everything, right? I mean, the music was already done.

sharinglungs

N0S3BLEED976

Maybe this finally gets their PR's asses in gear to make an official announcement today

RaptureWS

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jan 17, 2016, 02:39 PM
Maybe this finally gets their PR's asses in gear to make an official announcement today

Today? That's awfully optimistic thinking 'round these parts.

.....but fuck that would be awesome!
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Vesanic

That looked like a vimeo email. It doesn't make sense.

daicula

Chino did mention Martin Gore's influence on him not too long ago. Even if that tracklist is complete bullshit, "Gore" as an album title wouldn't be that big of a stretch.

rumors

xbloodycape

Quote from: rumors on Jan 17, 2016, 06:45 PM
This is real-ish.

How can you be so sure?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

def-head

sharinglungs

Quote from: xbloodycape on Jan 17, 2016, 06:46 PM

This is real-ish.

How can you be so sure?

he's in with the band or a member of the band. we know that hes connected to the band in some way.

xbloodycape

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jan 17, 2016, 07:23 PM
Quote from: xbloodycape on Jan 17, 2016, 06:46 PM

This is real-ish.

How can you be so sure?

he's in with the band or a member of the band. we know that hes connected to the band in some way.

That's pretty sweet then.

Now I wish he'd/she'd tell us what's real and what isn't haha

Inkblades

sharinglungs

Quote from: Inkblades on Jan 17, 2016, 07:37 PM
This is real-ish.

Awww shit! New single this week?

maybe.. usually rumors shows up near single release time lol

Penicks

sandman

Teknoman

Those names sound like working titles, however I would expect something dark and raw from an album called "Gore", something along the lines of the selftitled album... a man can dream.

I make music too

therealdaebat

Quote from: Teknoman on Jan 18, 2016, 12:50 AM
Those names sound like working titles, however I would expect something dark and raw from an album called "Gore", something along the lines of the selftitled album... a man can dream.

I'm right there with you. We'll see!
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

cvthedrv

Sicario

So now that we are finally inching towards the album release I can't help but wonder how it will sound. I am a fan of most all of their stuff in one way or another. I just hope there is still a fair amount of aggression. I have mentioned many times in the past that I believe most bands get more refined as they age. Their music softens and the heavier stuff is less heavy. This isn't always the case but I notice it happens more often than not. I liked the heaviness of Goon Squad on KNY but I am not a huge fan of the song overall. I guess I am wondering what everyone is hoping to hear from this album? Do you want more raw aggression or is the refined aggression fine for you? Or are you looking forward to the more atmospheric/lighter stuff?
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

Jesus2Chino

Rumors has entered the building ;-;. The time is nigh upon us!
Much respect,
-Matt