Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

countdown- new tones album

Started by Northcal, Jul 03, 2015, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewanderer

Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

therealdaebat

Quote from: tawny on Jan 18, 2016, 06:02 PM
c'mon guys ... you have to be smarter than the average deftones bulletin board troll. when the single or album are coming, the band will let us know.

This is amazing.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Vesanic

LOL

Anyway I found it on a SL user's facebook, he's kitesvera or newmurderer. Think he found it on tumblr

slyartwork

I'm trying to remember how we first saw the KNY cover. I think we first got a build up to a new song. Leathers it was and had artwork to it when it was posted on deftones.com.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: slyartwork on Jan 18, 2016, 08:58 PM
I'm trying to remember how we first saw the KNY cover. I think we first got a build up to a new song. Leathers it was and had artwork to it when it was posted on deftones.com.

I think it the site that first streamed Tempest had a small thumbnail of the album art

slyartwork

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jan 18, 2016, 09:46 PM
Quote from: slyartwork on Jan 18, 2016, 08:58 PM

I think it the site that first streamed Tempest had a small thumbnail of the album art

No, Leathers was the first song we all heard.

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Inkblades

I remember the KNY cover art popped up somewhere (Amazon or something) before they officially announced it and I thought it was fake, lol. Anyway, I doubt that's the cover for Gore.*

*Hoping I'm wrong again.

RaptureWS

Quote from: Inkblades on Jan 18, 2016, 04:18 PM
:o Where did that come from? I like the eeriness to it. Between what Chino said to the press last year and now with this rumored tracklist and cover, this is clearly going to be the dark/experimental album of the Sergio era. Getting that vibe big time. Plus, it's their first album since Chi's passing, so there's that.

Oh, and the editor in chief of Alternative Press posted this a few days ago. Maybe he has the album too? https://twitter.com/ptgrw/status/688146501302796289

I asked on Twitter and he said he was just listening to What Happened To You and had good vibes.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Inkblades

Quote from: MrVesanique on Jan 18, 2016, 02:11 PM
Huh

You know, the more I look at this, the more I think it's real. The art style is remarkably similar to some of Frank Maddocks' other work, particularly the S/T and SNW booklets. Same grainy aesthetic. I hope it's real, because I'm not sure if anything else could live up to it. And if it isn't his and instead just fan made, then that fan should be designing albums covers for real. Definitely looks like some skill and talent was put into it.

HooiserBowhunter

I might be the one of the biggest suckers in the world, but it looks Deftones-ish to me. If not the cover for the album maybe the single.

RaptureWS

Does anyone know the source of the cover art?
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Inkblades

Quote from: RaptureWS on Jan 19, 2016, 05:10 AM
Does anyone know the source of the cover art?

Vesanic > kitesvera's FB > kitesvera's tumblr > dutchdeftones tumblr. dutchdeftones is slyartwork, right? Am I going in circles here...lol?

I'm now at the point where my obsessive overthinking on all of this is going to ruin me.

thewanderer

My first guess was Sly but I didn't want to ruin the joke.
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Inkblades

Lol, well, if ya did it, sly, nice work. Looks sick.

Val

I still think their FB header has some play in the new album. It screams "Doomed User" and "Acid Hologram".
I never could figure out what the tie in was with the paper airplanes and the header.

Penicks

laurapalmer

Reichward

What bothers me with this artwork is that it's too well done: a picture of a girl with a blurry effect and shady colors, it's typical SNW/Team Sleep/Crosses or even KNY in terms of mood. Besides, it pops up from we barely know where just one day after the presumed tracklist leaks. It almost looks like Deftones themselves are spreading the rumors. As much as I'd like to believe it's genuine, it looks too much like something (really well) made by a fan.

ANattyRat

Rumors said there was some truth to the tracklist/album title, maybe they're just working titles. I don't know, but Gore would certainly fit in well with an album that Chino said is darker and less optimistic-sounding than the last two. Kind of a boring title, but ah well. This is cool, it's getting very exciting, I just hope we hear some official news soon. It's long overdue.