Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

countdown- new tones album

Started by Northcal, Jul 03, 2015, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

If Gore it is, I'm digging it. It feels plain and explicit.

Val

Quote from: laurapalmer on Jan 19, 2016, 08:34 AM
Single artwork perhaps...
Reminds me a alot of the ambiguity of the Tempest artwork.

Eros TBA

they should change up the text for the new album... they have used the same or similar for saturday night wrist, diamond eyes and koi no yokan...

Val

So I guess nothings coming today/

mono

Quote from: Val on Jan 19, 2016, 08:09 PM
*Val's post edited

haha, Luisch is part of this board.

Val

Quote from: illmono on Jan 19, 2016, 08:15 PM
Quote from: Val on Jan 19, 2016, 08:09 PM

haha, Luisch is part of this board.

Not sure what youre talking about.  ;)

I might be grasping for straws here. Could be aliens too.

Sicario

So was that tracklist made by Luisch? Since Doomed User and Geometric Headdress were on the tracklist and on twitter?
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

therealdaebat

I made this from one of the images they posted around the time they posted the banner:

---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

mono

Quote from: Heisenberg on Jan 19, 2016, 08:17 PM
So was that tracklist made by Luisch? Since Doomed User and Geometric Headdress were on the tracklist and on twitter?

no, i really doubt that.

RaptureWS

I feel like it is almost time go to into Deftones-red-alert mode. Set up Deftones Youtube, Twitter, this forum and Google News for a 5-10 min autorefresh. Yeah, I'm that guy.

On a somewhat side note.......Does anyone else get a bit anxious that they might actually be disappointed by the new single? Happens to me every time but I was only ever disappointed somewhat by Tempest. I love every single Deftones album. There are maybe 7 or 8 album songs in total I do not care for. It's not that I enjoy it just because it is Deftones. They just always hit the spot for me. I am well aware that there could be an entire album that disappoints me. Hopefully that day never comes.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

thewanderer

Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

ANattyRat

Quote from: RaptureWS on Jan 19, 2016, 09:06 PM
I feel like it is almost time go to into Deftones-red-alert mode. Set up Deftones Youtube, Twitter, this forum and Google News for a 5-10 min autorefresh. Yeah, I'm that guy.

On a somewhat side note.......Does anyone else get a bit anxious that they might actually be disappointed by the new single? Happens to me every time but I was only ever disappointed somewhat by Tempest. I love every single Deftones album. There are maybe 7 or 8 album songs in total I do not care for. It's not that I enjoy it just because it is Deftones. They just always hit the spot for me. I am well aware that there could be an entire album that disappoints me. Hopefully that day never comes.

I've never been worried. There are some songs I don't really like, but very very few. I don't know, they always make music I love. Maybe some songs need to grow on me more than others, but I've never been worried that the direction they go in, or the song they'll release to us first, will disappoint me.

Ugh, I'm so excited now, I hope it's not long.

Freedomsoldier17

is your username a skycamefalling reference

Val

Quote from: ANattyRat on Jan 19, 2016, 11:55 PM
Ugh, I'm so excited now, I hope it's not long.

I hope its not long until the next hype-piece/delay article.

FTFY

sharinglungs

I think Gore could be the album title..

here's a tweet chino made last year..

"Martin Gore has written more songs than any other human dead or alive"

RavinVsFlud

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Jan 20, 2016, 12:06 AM

laura palmer = twin peaks. although that skycamefalling track is fucking brutal! Love it!

cvthedrv

Quote from: RavinVsFlud on Jan 20, 2016, 01:10 AM
Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Jan 20, 2016, 12:06 AM

laura palmer = twin peaks. although that skycamefalling track is fucking brutal! Love it!

skycamefalling is an amazing band.

RavinVsFlud

Quote from: MrVesanique on Jan 18, 2016, 02:11 PM

I'm digging this.

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jan 20, 2016, 12:27 AM

here's a tweet chino made last year..

"Martin Gore has written more songs than any other human dead or alive"

And this reference to the possible inspiration.

The rumors, hype and checking google for new info for months now is driving me fucking nuts. They havent disappointed yet, 8 albums in ... so I'm hopeful. Last I read, they recorded 16 tracks. So, even if that means 12-13 on the album..... and a handful of b-sides sprinkled across singles .... new deftones for bumpin for my amp/box in my car. I'm all in.

plagasx

I wish they would bring back the script font like ATF, WP and S/T.. It was so sexy and went much better with their style.

ANattyRat

I like the newer font. It's simple but for some reason I find it nice. That said, I don't care if they use comic sans as long as the music is good.