Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

countdown- new tones album

Started by Northcal, Jul 03, 2015, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaptureWS

Patiently waiting.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Inkblades

I guarantee Gore won't be a 16 song album, but if we're lucky, maybe there will be a B-Side or two. Although, I am starting to wonder if Prayers/Triangles and Hearts/Wires are songs with multiple "suites", for lack of a better word. Usually when a song has a backslash in its title, it's really two songs on one track. I'm probably wrong, though.

And I think that's just Steph's philosophy on the albums. He doesn't like to sit around and describe them in interviews, because he doesn't want to make unrealistic expectations for the listener. It's a trap Chino fell into in past interviews, where he'd always be describing the albums as being like White Pony. And really, what sounds just like White Pony? Nothing. His thinking is basically just "you'll know what the album sounds like when you hear it". Steph has always been like that in interviews. 

Sicario

Quote from: Inkblades on Jan 26, 2016, 09:54 PM
I guarantee Gore won't be a 16 song album, but if we're lucky, maybe there will be a B-Side or two. Although, I am starting to wonder if Prayers/Triangles and Hearts/Wires are songs with multiple "suites", for lack of a better word. Usually when a song has a backslash in its title, it's really two songs on one track. I'm probably wrong, though.

And I think that's just Steph's philosophy on the albums. He doesn't like to sit around and describe them in interviews, because he doesn't want to make unrealistic expectations for the listener. It's a trap Chino fell into in past interviews, where he'd always be describing the albums as being like White Pony. And really, what sounds just like White Pony? Nothing. His thinking is basically just "you'll know what the album sounds like when you hear it". Steph has always been like that in interviews. 

Inkblades dropping some truth. I think everyone needs to take a step back and relax. Has there ever been a bad Deftones album? Wait...maybe I shouldn't have asked that  :D
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

thewanderer

Quote from: Inkblades on Jan 26, 2016, 09:54 PM
Although, I am starting to wonder if Prayers/Triangles and Hearts/Wires are songs with multiple "suites", for lack of a better word.
>:( :-X
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

greGORErio

Don't hurt yourself thinking too hard

thewanderer

Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

kitesvera

go to deftness.com
there is a sign up at the top
got sent an email with links to new parts of deftones website that don't exist yet
something is coming SOON

kitesvera

Val

Quote from: kitesvera on Jan 26, 2016, 11:14 PM
go to deftness.com
got sent an email with links to new parts of deftones website that don't exist yet
something is coming SOON
Pic of the email? What does it say?

defTHE1s

Quote from: Val on Jan 26, 2016, 11:20 PM
Quote from: kitesvera on Jan 26, 2016, 11:14 PM
go to deftness.com
something is coming SOON
Pic of the email? What does it say?
Please, Sir!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

thewanderer

kitesvera

gimme a fuckin minute damn!

Val

Quote from: kitesvera on Jan 26, 2016, 11:43 PM
gimme a fuckin minute damn!
If youre talking about the standard "Thanks for signing up" email, its has broken and old links. Its not new parts of the website. ie. The merch link sends you to bravado which they dont use.

kitesvera

thats why i was thinking it was new, if you can confirm its old then i won't bother fucking around with this screen shot of the email

kitesvera

yeah i think this is old, just the sign up was not their yesterday, so i think they are definitely gearing

Val

Quote from: kitesvera on Jan 26, 2016, 11:54 PM
yeah i think this is old, just the sign up was not their yesterday, so i think they are definitely gearing up

The sign up has always been there. It was at the bottom at one point IIRC.

The email they send you is old. It creates a unique back link so thats why you get the "Unauthorized" thing for the fan club link: youre already a member. And the rest are old/havent been replaced. Ive gotten that a long time ago, nothing new.

kitesvera

ok good i knew the sign up was there and at the bottom, the change made me think it was happening, sorry to get everyone excited.

cvthedrv

Quote from: kitesvera on Jan 26, 2016, 11:59 PM
ok good i knew the sign up was there and at the bottom, the change made me think it was happening, sorry to get everyone excited.

Val

Quote from: cvthedrv on Jan 27, 2016, 12:17 AM
Quote from: kitesvera on Jan 26, 2016, 11:59 PM

2 stormtroopers??!??! White pony logo?

2 more hours confirmed!!!!

thewanderer

Thanks for my new desktop background! I am fucking dying right now!  ;D ;D