Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

countdown- new tones album

Started by Northcal, Jul 03, 2015, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvthedrv

Vesanic

Don't you find it weird how cagey Chino is about the producers' names and stuff? "Someone else"..

And the way it's mentioned time wise kinda makes it coincide with when that pic of Terry and Abe surfaced.

SPECULATE

Val

Quote from: thewanderer on Jan 27, 2016, 12:23 AM
Thanks for my new desktop background! I am fucking dying right now!  ;D ;D
Deftones stormtrooper. Get it? Stormtroopers cant hit their targets. Like how Deftones can never hit their release date targets. GET IT? SUBTLY FUNNY.

RaptureWS

Quote from: cvthedrv on Jan 27, 2016, 12:34 AM
acid hologram 1/2/16.

??

I would assume you mean Feb 1st? (In the States 1/2/16 would be Jan 1st. We do things weird here lol). Source?
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

cvthedrv

the intrigue is a weapon used by the empire.

RaptureWS

Quote from: cvthedrv on Jan 27, 2016, 12:46 AM
the intrigue is a weapon used by the empire.

I knew I should have watched Star Wars at some point......
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

thewanderer

Quote from: Val on Jan 27, 2016, 12:40 AM
Quote from: thewanderer on Jan 27, 2016, 12:23 AM
Thanks for my new desktop background! I am fucking dying right now!  ;D ;D
Deftones stormtrooper. Get it? Stormtroopers cant hit their targets. Like how Deftones can never hit their release date targets. GET IT? SUBTLY FUNNY.
Oh I get it  8)
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

deftoner664

http://www.theprp.com/2016/01/26/news/chino-moreno-reveals-why-new-deftones-album-was-delayed/

edit: Just realized Val posted this a few pages back.. my bad. Still though, who is this mystery producer they worked with in between Matt Hyde?would like to hear more on that..
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

endstand

1.) they recorded with Matt Hyde
2. Matt Hyde mixed the album
3.) they weren't happy with the result
4.) some other producer(s) took a chance
5.) again, they weren't happy with the results

Did they stick with Matt Hyde mix or made a new mix with him?
hello memory lover, you are mine

Yossarian

Quote from: endstand on Jan 27, 2016, 10:21 AM

New album sucks ass, that's why Warner wanted Deftones to work on it more and more. Chino & co. weren't happy with first mix, they tried smth else, it was even worse, so they got back to first, mediocre, mixing.

"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Jesus2Chino

Sounds to me like they were 2 days into a new mix with Matt. Hopefully they don't just leave it to him and wait to hear the finished product again--I'm sure it'd be hugely helpful to Matt and to the final mix if they were injecting input into the mix of every track. Definitely sounds like we have a bit longer to wait if they're re-mixing again.
Much respect,
-Matt

sharinglungs

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Jan 27, 2016, 01:23 PM
Sounds to me like they were 2 days into a new mix with Matt. Hopefully they don't just leave it to him and wait to hear the finished product again--I'm sure it'd be hugely helpful to Matt and to the final mix if they were injecting input into the mix of every track. Definitely sounds like we have a bit longer to wait if they're re-mixing again.

They're not mixing again. That interview was from October.

HooiserBowhunter

uhh ohh I feel the negativity creeping in haha. I am still holding out hope that it will be classic Deftones. I do not care about fonts, song titles, or covers on a cd. I just want great tunes to workout and run to. I was a fan of DE and Koi so that wont bother me if its along those lines. The thing I love about Deftones is that its Chino singing over sweet heavy guitar riffs from Carpenter with Abe banging on the drums. The reason I hate most metal bands is that you literally can not understand a word they say, and a good majority sounds the same to me. I love all of their cds so I have no reason to believe it will suck. Although their are several bands I use to love that as time went on they slowly started to miss the mark for me so I wouldn't be surprised if it sucked.

Suq Madiq

What's funny is in that 15 sec Instagram clip of them in the studio chino says "I can't even hear myself" then someone say "you're fired" jokingly. Maybe they weren't happy with Matt from the beginning.

nicklav

Quote from: Yossarian on Jan 27, 2016, 12:46 PM
Quote from: endstand on Jan 27, 2016, 10:21 AM

New album sucks ass, that's why Warner wanted Deftones to work on it more and more. Chino & co. weren't happy with first mix, they tried smth else, it was even worse, so they got back to first, mediocre, mixing.

Go away.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Suq Madiq on Jan 27, 2016, 02:02 PM
What's funny is in that 15 sec Instagram clip of them in the studio chino says "I can't even hear myself" then someone say "you're fired" jokingly. Maybe they weren't happy with Matt from the beginning.

That's a ridiculous conclusion to come to.

Yeesh, you guys really come to the most absurd conclusions from a whole lotta bullshit. Quit making shit up  and just be glad we're getting new music.

Suq Madiq

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jan 27, 2016, 02:37 PM

Yeesh, you guys really come to the most absurd conclusions from a whole lotta bullshit. Quit making shit up  and just be glad we're getting new music.

Ridiculous? They went with someone else to mix because...wait for it....they weren't happy with it. You fucking dummy. It's just an observation sheesh.

nicklav

Quote from: Suq Madiq on Jan 27, 2016, 03:18 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Jan 27, 2016, 02:37 PM

Ridiculous? They went with someone else to mix because...wait for it....they weren't happy with it. You fucking dummy. It's just an observation sheesh.

You can leave too.

cvthedrv

man, this band really needs a producer who takes out from their confort zone, i hope matt hyde could be that man, so happy to see Nick Raskulinecz out.

ANattyRat

It's probably not about Matt, it's just that they weren't happy with what he did, so they tried someone else but then decided to go back to Matt and figure out a way to do it better. You can like working with someone but not be happy with what they've done. That applies to their own music; they probably don't always like the direction someone's taken a song in, but it doesn't mean they're not happy to play music with them.