Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

countdown- new tones album

Started by Northcal, Jul 03, 2015, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illthrowROCKS@U

Every new albums brings a few more dicks to the forum....
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Suq Madiq

Quote from: ANattyRat on Jan 27, 2016, 04:16 PM
Quote from: Suq Madiq on Jan 27, 2016, 02:02 PM
What's funny is in that 15 sec Instagram clip of them in the studio chino says "I can't even hear myself" then someone say "you're fired" jokingly. Maybe they weren't happy with Matt from the beginning.

It's probably not about Matt, it's just that they weren't happy with what he did, so they tried someone else but then decided to go back to Matt and figure out a way to do it better. You can like working with someone but not be happy with what they've done. That applies to their own music; they probably don't always like the direction someone's taken a song in, but it doesn't mean they're not happy to play music with them.

That's true, it must of been hard for them to go back to him after trying someone else. @nicklav you leave.

LG95

https://twitter.com/rocksound/status/692386788954996738
Rock Sound ‏@rocksound  3m3 minutes ago
It's probably worth keeping an eye on http://deftones.com  this evening...
I could float here forever

stu_101

Here. We. Go. 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Reichward

It's probably worth keeping an eye on deftones.com everyday, I just hope this is actually teasing something this time. Let's not get batshit crazy until something comes out.

[spoiler]2 more hours[/spoiler]

defTHE1s

Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on Jan 27, 2016, 01:34 PM
The thing I love about Deftones is that its Chino singing over sweet heavy guitar riffs from Carpenter with Abe banging on the drums.
Also, I won't mind if the new album is again on the lines (or between) of S/T and SNW (Ezrin Demos). Serioulsy, I wanna hear more music from that musical era with the new experimental things they've been doing nowadays. I Think also that Eros is all about this.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

sharinglungs

https://twitter.com/KerrangMagazine/status/692392188232212480

"Don't tell anyone, but you might want to head over to http://www.deftones.com/  this evening. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

SOMETHINGS COMING

Reichward

"Deftones is pleased to announce that they will be performing at xxx festival sponsored by Kerrang!"

ANattyRat

I'm refusing to get excited. Like when they took over the freaking Instagram page and they just posted a few pics from their show. No, I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm going to sleep soon, and when I wake up, there will hopefully be news. Preferably a song.

Jesus2Chino

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jan 27, 2016, 01:32 PM
They're not mixing again. That interview was from October.
Quote from: sharinglungs on Jan 27, 2016, 02:37 PM
That's a ridiculous conclusion to come to.
Yeesh, you guys really come to the most absurd conclusions from a whole lotta bullshit. Quit making shit up  and just be glad we're getting new music.

My bad, didn't check the date, I just assumed because it came up twice within the span of a few posts that it was a new interview.

I'm not sure if that second quote was directed at me as well, but either way there's no need to talk down to people. Everyone is just excited because it seems like we're finally getting some new material soon. There are finally things to talk about again, haha.
Much respect,
-Matt

Yossarian

"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Yossarian

Quote from: Yossarian on Jan 27, 2016, 12:46 PM
Quote from: endstand on Jan 27, 2016, 10:21 AM
1.) they recorded with Matt Hyde
2. Matt Hyde mixed the album
3.) they weren't happy with the result
4.) some other producer(s) took a chance
5.) again, they weren't happy with the results

Did they stick with Matt Hyde mix or made a new mix with him?

New album sucks ass, that's why Warner wanted Deftones to work on it more and more. Chino & co. weren't happy with first mix, they tried smth else, it was even worse, so they got back to first, mediocre, mixing.

I'd like to withdraw previous statement. Snippet of new material is brilliant!
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

xbloodycape

On Deftones.com

Little snippet of a song in there. Sounds fucking awesome if I'm gonna be completely honest

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

defTHE1s

Chino just twitted it:

chino ‏@chinomoreno  4 minHace 4 minutos
http://www.deftones.com
and it's new tunes in the background *o*

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

plagasx

mono

well, that's good and official news. finally, there's something coming :)

Jesus2Chino

Wow, just a short clip, but I dig it. Did Stef reverse his trend and actually tune up for this?
Much respect,
-Matt