Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

countdown- new tones album

Started by Northcal, Jul 03, 2015, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicklav

Quote from: Suq Madiq on Jan 27, 2016, 04:29 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Jan 27, 2016, 04:16 PM
Quote from: Suq Madiq on Jan 27, 2016, 02:02 PM
What's funny is in that 15 sec Instagram clip of them in the studio chino says "I can't even hear myself" then someone say "you're fired" jokingly. Maybe they weren't happy with Matt from the beginning.

It's probably not about Matt, it's just that they weren't happy with what he did, so they tried someone else but then decided to go back to Matt and figure out a way to do it better. You can like working with someone but not be happy with what they've done. That applies to their own music; they probably don't always like the direction someone's taken a song in, but it doesn't mean they're not happy to play music with them.

That's true, it must of been hard for them to go back to him after trying someone else. @nicklav you leave.

Been here wayyyy longer and I don't insult people, so I'll stick around.

Suq Madiq

Quote from: nicklav on Jan 27, 2016, 06:09 PM
Quote from: Suq Madiq on Jan 27, 2016, 04:29 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Jan 27, 2016, 04:16 PM
Quote from: Suq Madiq on Jan 27, 2016, 02:02 PM
What's funny is in that 15 sec Instagram clip of them in the studio chino says "I can't even hear myself" then someone say "you're fired" jokingly. Maybe they weren't happy with Matt from the beginning.

It's probably not about Matt, it's just that they weren't happy with what he did, so they tried someone else but then decided to go back to Matt and figure out a way to do it better. You can like working with someone but not be happy with what they've done. That applies to their own music; they probably don't always like the direction someone's taken a song in, but it doesn't mean they're not happy to play music with them.

That's true, it must of been hard for them to go back to him after trying someone else. @nicklav you leave.

Been here wayyyy longer and I don't insult people, so I'll stick around.
Well I was the one that got insulted first but okay dude you win, you're cooler than me. Let's get over it.

Sicario

Hate to be that guy. But I feel like this is what we were supposed to be anticipating for tonight, just released early :(
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

N0S3BLEED976

Holy moly, this is the best thing ever

stu_101

defTHE1s

Quote from: Heisenberg on Jan 27, 2016, 06:16 PM
Hate to be that guy. But I feel like this is what we were supposed to be anticipating for tonight, just released early :(
Sure it was but I don't care :D

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

thewanderer

pfft I heard this already.
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

cvthedrv

would be typical deftones.

2 flamingo hours.

mono

hope not, but +1 here

mono

like the new guitar sound, i've been a little bit tired of the ultradigital distortion of the last album

Val

Quote from: cvthedrv on Jan 27, 2016, 06:23 PM

would be typical deftones.

2 flamingo hours.
That new guy that greGoreGio or whatever that just signed up had flamingos in his picture. Coincidence?

thewanderer

Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

Shadow46/2

That chord at :19 seconds makes all my dreams come true.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Val

Quote from: illmono on Jan 27, 2016, 06:25 PM
like the new guitar sound, i've been a little bit tired of the ultradigital distortion of the last album
I think it sounds quite flat to be honest. I thought everyone keeps saying it sounds massive but Im not getting that impression from this mix. Could be the youtube compression or each song sounds truly unique like they said.

therealdaebat

---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

E-Money

Quote from: illmono on Jan 27, 2016, 06:25 PM

Absolutely. That guitar sound is great. Fuck I'm excited.

Knucklestones

This sounds like it's gonna be even BETTER than KNY. I'm so hyped. So now we know the tracklisting and the album title are official.

illthrowROCKS@U

It sounds a little post-metal-ish, which doesn't surprise me.  I've noticed that the last few Deftones albums have been a lot like Chino's side projects of that era.  Like SNW has sort of a Team Sleep vibe to it, KNY has a bit of a Crosses vibe, and now that Palms was the last Chino side project album I was expecting (hoping) for a post-metal vibe on their next effort.  Very excited!  This could be the best thing since ST, guys!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I like the new guitar sound it's a much nicer distorted tone, we'll still have to see how the lower register stuff sounds but I'm liking the fishman pickups.

ANattyRat

Oh thank god, something real, finally. I think this is what we were supposed to be looking out for later. Shame it's just a teaser, but it's Friday soon, so must be getting a song then, surely?

Not sure how I feel about the actual music. It's good, but it's only 30 seconds of one song out of an album. To say it's going to be better than Koi No Yokan is...quite premature, haha. I think if Chino is right about this album being a lot darker-sounding than Koi No Yokan and Diamond Eyes (and it seems it, with a title like Gore), I'll love it more than those two. I love those albums, but I'm so ready for some dark-sounding music. Not necessarily heavy, just dark, less happy-sounding.