Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

countdown- new tones album

Started by Northcal, Jul 03, 2015, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

RaptureWS

Quote from: kitesvera on Jan 26, 2016, 11:14 PM
go to deftness.com
there is a sign up at the top
got sent an email with links to new parts of deftones website that don't exist yet
something is coming SOON

You were right :)
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

HooiserBowhunter

Holy flamingos haha! It sounds good and aggressive to me. It does kind of sound like the next step from Koi like Chino said. Im ready for more; I don't think I can make it to April.

Hinojos

If you can't watch the video on their website for whatever reason, or would just like the unlisted video straight from Youtube, here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0WakBLNA0k

mono

It's me, or the intro/outro of the teaser is similar to this?
https://www.instagram.com/p/z4LlmeLgPT/

RaptureWS

Quote from: illmono on Jan 28, 2016, 12:17 AM
It's me, or the intro/outro of the teaser is similar to this?
https://www.instagram.com/p/z4LlmeLgPT/

I was thinking the same thing.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Val

Video went private. Possible happenings.

plagasx

Yep, video's gone. HYPE INTENSIFIES.

kitesvera

well glad to know i was right about something coming despite the email i got being old. My next guess now that the teaser is gone is that we will get a single within the next two days.

Val

Quote from: kitesvera on Jan 28, 2016, 07:33 AM
well glad to know i was right about something coming despite the email i got being old. My next guess now that the teaser is gone is that we will get a single within the next two days.
I personally think it'll be next Friday for a single. They posted the bottom right corner of the supposed album art from shazam. So if they continue posting each part then that is 9 days (feb 5th). So at the very least a new clip every day.

Or maybe the full album is 11 songs like the leak and we get a 5 song EP next Friday.

Who knows......

kitesvera

dude they be too high to do that shit, they'd forget. Trust me it will be more simple than that, now that we have a tease, we may get one or two more, not 9. Deftones are pretty lazy, lets not forget we are into year 4 now for this new record.

Reichward

I don't know about this artwork thing, if we see another  square this evening I'll believe it but I don't want to speculate that much. A 30 seconds teaser is thin but it feels  nice to have an update. I'll rejoice about the single when it's there.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Val on Jan 28, 2016, 07:38 AM
Quote from: kitesvera on Jan 28, 2016, 07:33 AM
I personally think it'll be next Friday for a single. They posted the bottom right corner of the supposed album art from shazam. So if they continue posting each part then that is 9 days (feb 5th). So at the very least a new clip every day.

Or maybe the full album is 11 songs like the leak and we get a 5 song EP next Friday.

Who knows......

5th of February is a Friday, so that does make sense. That's pretty cool. I guess we'll know whether or not that theory's right by tonight. I wonder if they'll post teasers for all of them, or if that was just a one-off. Either way, I'm excited, it can't be long now.

ANattyRat

Anyone else not get a Deftones vibe from the tracklist/supposed album cover? It feels weird typing that, because their titles are often weird and random, and their album covers differ greatly too, so in theory anything is Deftones-like. But I don't know, I'd never have believed that tracklist was real or that the picture of the flamingos was the single/album cover, but here we are.

I quite like the picture, though I'd be interested in hearing how they came about choosing it.

Penicks

Inkblades

Quote from: ANattyRat on Jan 28, 2016, 08:24 PM
Anyone else not get a Deftones vibe from the tracklist/supposed album cover? It feels weird typing that, because their titles are often weird and random, and their album covers differ greatly too, so in theory anything is Deftones-like. But I don't know, I'd never have believed that tracklist was real or that the picture of the flamingos was the single/album cover, but here we are.

I quite like the picture, though I'd be interested in hearing how they came about choosing it.

Yes, and that is exactly what is piquing my interest so much. It seems like they are going in a new direction, which is exciting to me.

Val

I think it's noteworthy that there's no Deftones logo on the gore art. Could be something entirely fresh.

Reichward

A lot of people seem disturbed by the tracklist, but let's not forget that we've had curious song titles before (the konami code, cmnd/ctrl, xerces...), simply not so many at once. Chino has stated that the album would be surprising, so it's not unbelievable that the song names and artwork are too. I agree it feels odd for a Deftones album, but why not. It can work.

xbloodycape

Quote from: Val on Jan 28, 2016, 08:47 PM
I think it's noteworthy that there's no Deftones logo on the gore art. Could be something entirely fresh.

Could you elaborate? I don't think I quite understand what you're getting at here.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk