Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

countdown- new tones album

Started by Northcal, Jul 03, 2015, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooniletugo

I thought the track listing was fake as shit at first, but now I'm actually hoping it's legit. Prayers/Triangles was, so it probably is, unless they make some changes. The titles definitely suggest dark vibes. Rubicon (passing the point of no return, unless it's about Chino's favourite soft drink), Doomed User, Gore, Pittura Infamante (look it up if you hadn't already). LMIRL (let's meet in real life) reminds me of WGTB, but I don't know what it'll be like. The 30 second teaser of P/T is very promising, but who knows what direction the vocals/lyrics are gonna take. I guess we'll hear the full song when the final flamingo square is posted.

Sicario

Do we know when the single is releasing? I wish they would just be like most every other band and officially announce the album/trackslist/single date etc.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

Reichward

We can only speculate that it will air Friday along with the last piece of artwork, but officially nothing has been said regarding singles.

Sicario

We can hope.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: sooniletugo on Jan 30, 2016, 11:25 PMLMIRL (let's meet in real life)

before now i thought those were just random letters. that'd be cool if thats really what it means cause it's actually relevant to the current generation(because some friend/relationships start out over text/the internet)

sooniletugo

I didn't know either until I googled it, but turns out it's a pretty established slang/abbreviation. Curious to hear what that song is like.

RavinVsFlud

Quote from: MrVesanique on Jan 27, 2016, 12:37 AM
Don't you find it weird how cagey Chino is about the producers' names and stuff? "Someone else"..

And the way it's mentioned time wise kinda makes it coincide with when that pic of Terry and Abe surfaced.

SPECULATE

Honestly, if Matt Hyde did the original mix, and Terry Date did the second mix, then they went back to Matt and had him remix a final .... that implies there are 2-3 mixes of Gore.

As much of an audiophile that I am, I would LOVE to get my hands on the additional mixes of Gore to hear their different nuances.

mono

Quote from: RavinVsFlud on Feb 04, 2016, 12:14 PM
Quote from: MrVesanique on Jan 27, 2016, 12:37 AM
Don't you find it weird how cagey Chino is about the producers' names and stuff? "Someone else"..

And the way it's mentioned time wise kinda makes it coincide with when that pic of Terry and Abe surfaced.

SPECULATE

Honestly, if Matt Hyde did the original mix, and Terry Date did the second mix, then they went back to Matt and had him remix a final .... that implies there are 2-3 mixes of Gore.

As much of an audiophile that I am, I would LOVE to get my hands on the additional mixes of Gore to hear their different nuances.

+1 here

Vesanic

Quote from: Val on Jan 28, 2016, 08:52 PM
They're breaking the formula. Every album has had the Deftones name on it. If this art work is the real one, then it's interesting that they're changing things. That could be a sign that Gore will stand on its own from the rest of their discography.

Val

Quote from: MrVesanique on Feb 04, 2016, 01:22 PM
Quote from: Val on Jan 28, 2016, 08:52 PM
They're breaking the formula. Every album has had the Deftones name on it. If this art work is the real one, then it's interesting that they're changing things. That could be a sign that Gore will stand on its own from the rest of their discography.

You do know they released multiple covers /packages? Some with the deftones logo on them?
The later WP vinyl art had the deftones logo on them.

Freedomsoldier17

something i just remembered?

will there really be 16 songs on the album? or was the tracklist confirmed at 11?

ANattyRat

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Feb 04, 2016, 05:52 PM
something i just remembered?

will there really be 16 songs on the album? or was the tracklist confirmed at 11?

16 songs written/recorded, but I doubt all 16 will be on the album. On the screenshot of the tracklist, we can see ten songs plus an eleventh that we can't read clearly because it's cut off. So at least 11, but hey, hopefully more?

Reichward

Nothing confirmed so far but we'll know very soon, maybe today or tomorrow.

sharinglungs

11 songs confirmed by luisch.

Vesanic

Quote from: Val on Feb 04, 2016, 04:01 PM
You do know they released multiple covers /packages? Some with the deftones logo on them?
The later WP vinyl art had the deftones logo on them.

The later, yeah. They put their brand when they realized the success. The initial artistic move didn't have it. That's my point. Or at least, my copy, which is a pressing without BTS (so not a repress) is exactly the one I linked.

luisch

Quote from: sharinglungs on Feb 04, 2016, 09:18 PM
11 songs confirmed by luisch.

and confirmed by Warner Bro Music Colombia.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

HooiserBowhunter

[/quote]

Yep sadly I doubt we will ever hear any other versions.

77years

Acid Hologram and Geometric Headdress sound like Lungfish songs...  I can totally see Daniel Higgs doing his weird dance to some repetitive Mosrite riffage when I saw those titles...

Also I have to admit the very first thing that I thought of when I saw the title Geometric Headdress was this:

77years

So according to those pictures, the album cover will have a black-and-white "Deftones" icon across the very top?