Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

countdown- new tones album

Started by Northcal, Jul 03, 2015, 09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANattyRat

Thing is, the songs are all done. They could play a new song if they wanted to, because the songs are all finished. So it's not like they can't play a new song because the album isn't ready, which means the date would get pushed back. They've chosen not to play any new songs for whatever reason, so they could still keep the release date the same. I don't know why they haven't played a new song yet, though, it's weird. Ah well, I'm remaining hopeful.

N0S3BLEED976

No new songs on current tour confirmed
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/deftones-singer-says-band-wont-play-new-songs-on-current-tour/

Why are they doing this to us? :'(

ANattyRat

Wow. According to Chino, YouTube has only just been invented? Haha come on, dude, I remember us all going insane over Rocket Skates and Roller Derby. Plus it gets everyone hyped up and excited for the album. These guys really suck at promoting their albums, the only clips we've heard are from people that aren't in the band. We'd barely know they're making an album if it was just down to them. Hearing them play a new song live, seeing those videos emerge, having something we can actually listen to, does a lot for people looking forward to a new album.

Well, at least we know this isn't a reason to worry about the album being delayed a lot.

Inkblades

Late October or November are most likely better bets for the release date. A single would literally have to drop in the next week or two to coincide with a September 25th release. I don't see that happening if they are still in the mixing phase. I'm cool with that, though, because late fall is the perfect time for Deftones music.

Alectwin

Not a summer band indeed... :D

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: ANattyRat on Jul 29, 2015, 05:03 PM
Wow. According to Chino, YouTube has only just been invented? Haha come on, dude, I remember us all going insane over Rocket Skates and Roller Derby. Plus it gets everyone hyped up and excited for the album. These guys really suck at promoting their albums, the only clips we've heard are from people that aren't in the band. We'd barely know they're making an album if it was just down to them. Hearing them play a new song live, seeing those videos emerge, having something we can actually listen to, does a lot for people looking forward to a new album.

Well, at least we know this isn't a reason to worry about the album being delayed a lot.
Maybe it points to what they were saying about doing something different, if the songs are more textured and abstract it makes sense for them to be worried about how they come across on bad youtube recordings, Rocket Skates and Roller Derby were straight forward heavy guitar songs with riffs you could bang your head to, if they're doing something a bit weirder the songs may not translate through youtube as-well as those higher energy songs did.

from_musings

the first song deftones played live from koi no yokan was rosemary. not a particularly hard hitting song and it sounded just fine. just saying

sharinglungs

What is "this tour"? Just the incubus dates or all the dates from now til november 21?

Edit: Well... Trivium just dropped their new single and the album comes out October 2nd, so we won't be seeing an early October release from Deftones unless we hear of the single soon.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 31, 2015, 12:41 AM
What is "this tour"? Just the incubus dates or all the dates from now til november 21?

Edit: Well... Trivium just dropped their new single and the album comes out October 2nd, so we won't be seeing an early October release from Deftones unless we hear of the single soon.

Pretty sure the current tour is the one with Incubus up until the end of August. Maybe they'll announce the album and release the first single after that so they can play the new song on their following shows in late September and October. Which is insane. I don't think I can handle waiting this much longer  :-\

Northcal

I hope there is no single and the album drops out of nowhere! We need a surprise!

N0S3BLEED976

Seriously, what is taking them so long? No new songs, no album title, no cover, no tracklist, no final release date. Yet they finished up the album in what feels like an eternity ago and basically the only thing they told us about it is "We had a good time making it" and "It's just another Deftones record. What a way to kill the hype.

sharinglungs

Well Chino only recently finished his vocals for it in early July.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 09, 2015, 08:25 PM
Well Chino only recently finished his vocals for it in early July.

Which is an eternity ago in my book. The wait is killing me...

defsteve

Still hoping for the planned September 25th release. Good things come to those who wait!
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Northcal

Dear deftones, don't give us no singles just drop that muthafucka on September 25 and shut us up already!!!

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Northcal on Aug 10, 2015, 08:23 AM
Dear deftones, don't give us no singles just drop that muthafucka on September 25 and shut us up already!!!

Quote from: defsteve on Aug 09, 2015, 10:36 PM
Still hoping for the planned September 25th release. Good things come to those who wait!

I don't see that happening, to be honest. After all the record company is still in charge of everything and they certainly wouldn't release the album without some sort of promotion. I'm sure they demand an announcement two months prior with a first single.

defsteve

100% this.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

float here 4ever

I really hope so

Shadow46/2

Quote from: float here 4ever on Aug 10, 2015, 04:04 PM

I really hope so

But I don't think so...

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Aug 10, 2015, 04:10 PM
Quote from: float here 4ever on Aug 10, 2015, 04:04 PM

I really hope so

But I don't think so...

I see what you did there..
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion