countdown- new tones album

Started by Northcal, Jul 03, 2015, 09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freedomsoldier17

float here 4ever

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Aug 10, 2015, 04:10 PM
Quote from: float here 4ever on Aug 10, 2015, 04:04 PM
Quote from: Northcal on Aug 10, 2015, 08:23 AM
Dear deftones, don't give us no singles just drop that muthafucka on September 25 and shut us up already!!!

I really hope so

But I don't think so...

But I sure hope so

Freedomsoldier17

http://www.wsou.net/news/deftonesinterview.cfm#.VcoVKLTZVaw

Release date's been pushed back, now they say October or November, probably November.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Aug 11, 2015, 06:31 PM

Release date's been pushed back, now they say October or November, probably November.

December it is, then.

gloomsquadron

Chino is grossing me out in the interview with the open mouth chew-talking thing.  Blech.

sharinglungs

Either way we'll hear a new single in at the most a month and a half.

Capt Snow

Quote from: gloomsquadron on Aug 11, 2015, 07:32 PM

Chino is grossing me out in the interview with the open mouth chew-talking thing.  Blech.

I guess he's hitting that cheezburger now that he's done with the vocals.

White Wrist

the good old deftones...

deftoner664

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Aug 11, 2015, 07:27 PM

December it is, then.

haha, you're probably right, man...

I mean shit, they don't even know what they're gonna' call this record yet.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Diplo

"One thing this record that's really cool sonically, our bass play is playing a 6 sting bass which is closer to a baritone guitar. So how his frequency works with my guitar frequency and Stef guitar frequency it molded a different sound, a different area of sonics that is new for us."

Sounds cool

deftoner664

Quote from: Diplo on Aug 11, 2015, 10:59 PM
"One thing this record that's really cool sonically, our bass play is playing a 6 sting bass which is closer to a baritone guitar. So how his frequency works with my guitar frequency and Stef guitar frequency it molded a different sound, a different area of sonics that is new for us."

Sounds cool

Agreed, I'd like to see what Sergio brings to the table with the 6 string. With all that extended range I'm sure there will be a few heavy tracks on the record... that small snippet with Cantrell was really grungy in a good way. But he could be doing more of that experimental bass slides, grooves and phrasings like you hear in Swerve City and Prince for example.

Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

xbloodycape

I'm excited to see what Sergio will do with the Bass VI as well. Interesting stuff.

I wonder if Stef drop tuned again. Drop D#. I doubt it though, Drop E is far enough.

EDIT: Actually, there's a good chance Stef is tuned to E A D G B D# A D to match the Bass VI.

Raswid

Quote from: White Wrist on Aug 11, 2015, 10:29 PM
the good old deftones...

I hope that we could to say the same about the new album

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: xbloodycape on Aug 12, 2015, 11:41 PM
I'm excited to see what Sergio will do with the Bass VI as well. Interesting stuff.

Definitely! He can add an entirely new mid-range layer to their music with the two additional higher strings. He doesn't have to play the low end alongside Stephen anymore and can be more distinguishable. I'm excited to hear more Sergio in the mix

Northcal

thewanderer

The band is confident and it feels like they know they are hoarding the gold. Chino sounds awesome as ever. And Jerry Cantrel??? 6 string bass??? I've been apprehensive about Sergio playing with a pick vs. Chi but now i think this is going to transcend to a whole new level. The atmosphere and sonics of the last album are the main reason I liked it so much. I've said that Tempest is my favorite song, but I gravitate to what I like from what's fresh. There is just something about those lyrics and the build up to that first chord of the chorus. It sounds like EPIC FUCKING DOOM, and when they play it live it looks like they are really having fun. But in all seriousness S/T will always be home so don't get that all twisted. I know some of you old school die hards haven't liked the direction the last few albums gone but I've always felt like this has just been a prelude to something greater.  I'm always gonna love this band rain or shine, but I really want this album to deliver what those you who have been discontent with recent albums have longed for. The third album with Sergio will be the trifecta, and I have a really good feeling about it.
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

ZND84

to be honest it gets kind of annoying hearing what people think deftones should do, like their opinion is fact. For example you hear someone say they need to go back to some good ole, old school deftones music. What sense would that possibly make. my favorite album of theirs is Around the Fur, but I absolutely love all of their albums. Diamond would be my least liked, but the song "Prince"I love that shit. CMND CTRL is another song I think is underrated. Frank's addition to it is unreal. I guess what I'm trying to say is Deftones don't steer in the wrong direction. How about some thankfulness that they are still even making music, on top of that, badass music.

B0RNtoR0CK

Quote from: ZND84 on Aug 18, 2015, 10:59 PM
to be honest it gets kind of annoying hearing what people think deftones should do, like their opinion is fact. For example you hear someone say they need to go back to some good ole, old school deftones music. What sense would that possibly make. my favorite album of theirs is Around the Fur, but I absolutely love all of their albums. Diamond would be my least liked, but the song "Prince"I love that shit. CMND CTRL is another song I think is underrated. Frank's addition to it is unreal. I guess what I'm trying to say is Deftones don't steer in the wrong direction. How about some thankfulness that they are still even making music, on top of that, badass music.
Thats funny because ATF is also my favorite but my 2nd fav is Diamond Eyes. Goes to show how much of a difference of opinion there is among deftones fans. My girlfriend (whom doesn't normally listen to metal) actually bought Diamond Eyes for herself. When she first heard Butcher and Beauty School she mentioned she liked the songs, then SexTape came on and she was sold. The album actually brought us closer.

sharinglungs

And right about now the record company is sitting on a big fat heavy single waiting to drop it on us, probably laughing because it's so good and that they can't share it yet lol