Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

EROS

Started by mrpelon94, Oct 10, 2015, 01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpelon94

The official there never was an EROS album and if there is one then it wouldn't makes sense to release it with the direction the band has went... :o....the songs that were released could've been just jams that weren't meant to be released....

Vesanic

I really, really regret my mod status.

mrpelon94

N0S3BLEED976

9/11 was an inside job, elvis is still alive, eros doesn't exist

digital bath

I think they will not release it, neither soon together with the new album or in the next few years.

mrpelon94

when im right im right....

Freedomsoldier17

eight equals D

Jesus2Chino

This thread is cancer. Stop.

zzzzzzzz,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

snw9

Hot Deftones topic that will last for the years to come..
Code: [Select]

Northcal

Eros was a front!🃏

pony_01

fuck EROS i just want "finger of death" or "bumble d" to finally come out.

Shadow46/2

Eros was an inside job!

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

DRockDot

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!! OH WHAT A LOVELY DAY!! WITNESS ME!.............. 2 more hours
I am a simple man, with simple tastes... And all I want is a pair of rocket boots.

therealdaebat

Most pointless thread I've seen here yet. OP you should be ashamed.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

thewanderer

Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

coreystevens88

It's baffling how many 'fans' demand Eros because they feel entitled to new material, but obviously don't look at it from the band's point of view.

This is the last music Chi ever recorded.  This is it.  They shelved it to work on new material with Sergio, at that time I'm sure still praying and hoping that Chi would recover and rejoin the group.  He never got to.  To me, that makes whatever Eros is/will be that much more special.

At this point, it should be something released in the twilight years of the band, and amazing parting gifts of sorts, and a last memory of Chi.  It makes no sense to just put it out so that it's out.  To backtrack now 7 years, when you had a different band member, and release it today as 'new' would just not make sense.  What do you expect, an Eros release in celebration of Chi, and then a album tour without him? 

But, as long as fans know that Eros is still a future possibility, I guess we'll still have people bitching when we're waiting for new material.

digital bath

Quote from: coreystevens88 on Oct 16, 2015, 05:25 PM
It's baffling how many 'fans' demand Eros because they feel entitled to new material, but obviously don't look at it from the band's point of view.

This is the last music Chi ever recorded.  This is it.  They shelved it to work on new material with Sergio, at that time I'm sure still praying and hoping that Chi would recover and rejoin the group.  He never got to.  To me, that makes whatever Eros is/will be that much more special.

At this point, it should be something released in the twilight years of the band, and amazing parting gifts of sorts, and a last memory of Chi.  It makes no sense to just put it out so that it's out.  To backtrack now 7 years, when you had a different band member, and release it today as 'new' would just not make sense.  What do you expect, an Eros release in celebration of Chi, and then a album tour without him? 

But, as long as fans know that Eros is still a future possibility, I guess we'll still have people bitching when we're waiting for new material.

true tue
We can only imagine what emotions they have with Eros, it's a tough situation.
But I as a fan would like, better said wish for the release of Eros, to have a copy in my hands, hear the songs, feel the mood...
Honestly, I'm way, way more excited for Eros than the other "new album", but they should take their time and relese it when they feel to.

Btw. does anybody know if they are issues with the relese of Eros because of the record label? I remember they took "Smile" from youtube soon after Chino uploaded it.

nicklav

Very well said.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah but Stef has said if he had it his way it would be out because Chi would have been excited people got to hear what they we're doing so it's not as if the whole band feels this way, from what I gather it's kind of Chino holding it up because it's his parts that need to be finished so it's down to when he's ready to finish it, and I think Chino's reservations aside from any emotions over Chi is his reluctance to go back revisit old material at a time where he feels they have great forward momentum.

Inkblades

Is it really that baffling that fans want to hear it now? It's become the lost ark, and people will always crave the unattainable. That being said, it is ultimately the band's decision as to when they release it. Putting it out in the twilight years of the band is an interesting idea.