Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Shootout at Bataclan concert hall

Started by Alectwin, Nov 13, 2015, 10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Friends of mine were there, and were able to escape. One has lost his wife... How likely was it that Deftones would be there? I'm shaken by all of it, man.

M1GHTY M4VS

Just checked in to see if any news were involving the band, then I remembered the guys were supposed to play Europe in Oct and Nov - wouldn't have guessed they came so close to the tragical events. Good to know that EODM and Deftones managed to escape but really all my condolence to those who didn't.

I remember in August when I went to see Black Label Society in a similar venue I was very suspicious on a group of foreign guys carrying backpacks into the crowd for no apparent reason and it was seriously hot in the venue anyway. Luckily the guys were really enjoying the show (I could tell because they were speaking english with each other) rather than blowing it up, but this really sticks and this now comes to mind hearing from the shocking news. I think they were a group of bunched exchange students from near east that came to see a very good band and enjoy themselves, pretty much what these attacks seek to destroy now.

On the other hand you cannot always be sure to estimate anything. If you remember the Dime tragic that was uncalled for also so you cannot always blame safety measures if it is a one out of a million occurence.

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: MrVesanique on Nov 14, 2015, 12:12 PM
Friends of mine were there, and were able to escape. One has lost his wife... How likely was it that Deftones would be there? I'm shaken by all of it, man.

That's very sad. My deepest condolence to the guy. Various Reports claim the Steph and Juan were there but left just 15 minutes before it happened. Vega tweeted they were all okay and Eagles of Death Metal members were taken off stage safely however not sure if their whole crew got out of it in time.

Vesanic

Quote from: Northcal on Nov 14, 2015, 07:25 AM
We almost had the album delayed to never,lol Eros pt 2

Read your inbox. And shut your fucking mouth.

Diplo

God, I have tickets for the Paris shows.
As a frenchman and a Deftones fan I feel sad, sick and really weird.
Even in 2015 you can die in a fucking music show.

stu_101

Man, that's terrible. My deepest condolences to your friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northcal

Make these nigas mad,soooo maddddddd🤓

Gaz

Such a horrible series of events. I have tickets for Berlin on Wednesday, I have huge doubts of that show happening now

N0S3BLEED976

Truly an unpredictable and tragic event. I'm so sorry for those affected and wish everyone all the strength in the world to move on.

I highly doubt the band continues their europe tour. Their priority should be getting their families and friends back home safely.

ANattyRat

Jeez :\ so sorry for the loss of his wife, and thank god the rest of them made it out OK.

Short interview/article Chino gave about it, apparently he's not sure whether or not they'll be able to get to Germany. http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015/11/13/deftones-lead-singer-sacramento-band-crew-safe-after-paris-attacks/

Gaz

Reading some reports on Twitter that Deftones are to cancel the rest of the tour and return home, Pitchfork was one of the outlets that posted it

ANattyRat

Wouldn't surprise me if it's true, they probably just want to go home and spend time with their families, you know? I can't blame them, really.

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: ANattyRat on Nov 14, 2015, 05:52 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if it's true, they probably just want to go home and spend time with their families, you know? I can't blame them, really.

I would have probably tried to attend their cologne show if they would continue just to show some respect. But it is probably the best if their tour will be postponed to next year.

Papa Prune

Yo guys,

Like Mr Vesanique, I'm French. Last time I posted here was when we were all waiting for Koi No Yokan to come out.

I have in my hand three tickets for the Deftones' show at le bataclan. One for saturday. One for sunday and one for monday.

I'm 39 and listening to the Tones since 1995. Been to their first show in France in october 1997 at le divan du monde. I have a kid who is born in October 2006. And for me, i remember listening to the leaked version of SNW in my car while I was driving towards the hospital where my wife was to give birth to him.

Today, I realize that life is short, that if terrorists had planned their attack 24 hours later, I would be in the same room than all the casualties of yesterday, locked with 1499 other Tones fans.

The Tones are my favourite band ( I know it may sound childish at my age), but their music is what corresponds me emotionally.

I didn't feel well today because all of this. And I'm shocked by what I can read on the ´Tones facebook page. I mean we're all Deftones' fans. But when I read "i hope You're safe Chino" etc... I feel like people think Chino's life or other member or crew is more important than lives from the guys who died yesterday. The Deftones' are allright. Their lives are neither least or more important than those of the guys who died yesterday. They are not some kind of divinities. They are humans, as you are, as I am.

I hope our politicians will stop speaking and take the right actions against terrorism. I hope Deftones will come next year in France. And I hope you will all take care of the ones you love. Because life is very short.

Sorry for my English. And can't wait to hear the new record from the Deftones.

And here are my last few words in French:

Vive la France, vive les Deftones et j'encule tous ces fanatiques qui nous font chier depuis que je suis né...

defburn

Vesanic

Just want to point out I'm Belgian, not French. But whatever.

sharinglungs

It would seem the Paris and Germany shows are cancelled, but it seems the Wembley show is still on.

stu_101

Quote from: sharinglungs on Nov 14, 2015, 11:48 PM
It would seem the Paris and Germany shows are cancelled, but it seems the Wembley show is still on.
From what I've heard, the whole tour is off. They're currently on a flight to LAX.

... Unless of course they're planning on flying back later next week for London but I think it doubtful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedomsoldier17

that means the whole new song debut thing prob isn't going to happen :-\

Penicks

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Nov 15, 2015, 04:21 AM
that means the whole new song debut thing prob isn't going to happen :-\

stay strong bro... you alright? we're here for you