Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Dana Wells - Max Cavalera - Soulfly - Headup => The truth?

Started by Vesanic, Nov 24, 2015, 03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Rest assured this comment wasn't from me, but I think this could of massive interest to a few peeps. For the reminder, "Headup" was written in hommage to Dana Wells, Max Cavalera's stepson who had allegedly been murdered. This was posted on Deftonesworld by a guy named Michael Gibbons. This post was relayed to me by a French friend who's obviously a Tones fan :

Penicks

yeah but what the fuck is chongi singing in the chorus

endstand

Interesting.

But to be honest, I never liked Max Cavalera and the whole Sepultura spliting up with Max is always told one-sided that it's just nonsense. Also, Max Cavalera, while playing with Soulfly in Russia, said "Fuck politics, Crimea is Russia", which is for me the most disguisting thing that musician could say. How can a person which is against war and militarism could accept the fact that Russia's occupation over Crimea area is a legit thing?
hello memory lover, you are mine

digital bath

maybe he was on drugs, I was last year at a concert and he was high as shit:

sharinglungs

Quote from: endstand on Nov 24, 2015, 08:26 PM
How can a person which is against war and militarism could accept the fact that Russia's occupation over Crimea area is a legit thing?

Because the people of Crimea voted for it. They cheered for it when it happened. I dunno, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

endstand

"Voted for it".

Yeah, right. Tell me about democratic votes regarding Russia ;)
hello memory lover, you are mine

gloomsquadron

Quote from: MrVesanique on Nov 24, 2015, 03:28 PM
Rest assured this comment wasn't from me, but I think this could of massive interest to a few peeps. For the reminder, "Headup" was written in hommage to Dana Wells, Max Cavalera's stepson who had allegedly been murdered. This was posted on Deftonesworld by a guy named Michael Gibbons. This post was relayed to me by a French friend who's obviously a Tones fan:

Why is that guy still posting in November of 2015 on Deftones fan sites about something that happened in 1996! Almost 20 years ago now.  The guy is like 40 years old now.  I live in AZ and being a Deftones fan, I know at least 3 people who know someone who knows someone who knows this guy and it seems to be all he talks about.

Bifrost

Pretty interesting... honestly I didn't know there was any controversy surrounding his death. But it does seem like most people who talk about the Cavalera's mention them in a negative light so I would't be surprised if the story was true.