Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Personal post

Started by officialryguy, Jan 09, 2016, 12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

officialryguy

Hey guys, just wanted to drop you my post about the Deftones, as it meets the other passion in my life, Marketing. It was just something fun that a few other forums and familia communities had been enjoy. I really love dissecting the lyrics and making my own story behind Chino's words. Again, just for fun and most of the post is not based off fact :) http://officialryguy.com/2015/06/19/did-white-pony-tell-marketers-about-the-future/

cvthedrv

Penicks

don't quit your daytime job buddy

ANattyRat

Women weren't a major marketing demographic until after White Pony's release? Alright.

endstand

hello memory lover, you are mine

sooniletugo

Never knew Deftones could inspire such mundane drivel.

therealdaebat

There's a whole lot of stretching on this. Obviously you are just trying to be creative and combine two things you love (deftones and marketing) but I'd say that while the points you made are valid, the comparisons were pretty terrible. I'd focus on the case study of how well deftones have always done in their marketing sans the music itself. Their branding is top notch and inspiring.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

pony_01

interesting read bruh

jbmp1390

screw familia, bunch of facebook posers, not fans

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

defTHE1s

Quote from: therealdaebat on Jan 11, 2016, 08:56 PM
There's a whole lot of stretching on this. Obviously you are just trying to be creative and combine two things you love (deftones and marketing) but I'd say that while the points you made are valid, the comparisons were pretty terrible. I'd focus on the case study of how well deftones have always done in their marketing sans the music itself. Their branding is top notch and inspiring.
This.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

BS3

This is what happens when there's no new album to talk about, and no new tour to look forward to.

Vesanic

What's with the new faces

Knucklestones

Quote from: MrVesanique on Jan 22, 2016, 01:14 AM
What's with the new faces
Right when there's album hype, everybody shows up here.

cvthedrv