Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

something is coming

Started by tokyodrifter, Jan 19, 2016, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jan 25, 2016, 04:07 AM
Freddy's coming for you... lol he's reading this thread.

http://i.imgur.com/HWdnZaM.jpg

It's getting weird haha, even Risa's reading fan pages posts. I wouldn't be surprised if they were following Sly's and mine.

Vesanic

mono

Quote from: MrVesanique on Jan 25, 2016, 10:45 AM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Jan 25, 2016, 04:07 AM
Freddy's coming for you... lol he's reading this thread.

http://i.imgur.com/HWdnZaM.jpg

It's getting weird haha, even Risa's reading fan pages posts. I wouldn't be surprised if they were following Sly's and mine.

maybe we can change the forum to trollinglungs :(

Vesanic

Or mayyyyybe it's an actual kind-hearted clue, and Freddy = Prayers & Triangles being released on Friday

One can be desperate

therealdaebat

longest two hours ever!
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

N0S3BLEED976

It's always 2 more hours. So we'll get the album in infinity + 2 more hours years. Simple math.

Reichward

This whole forum is gonna be on fire when we get an actual update on the band's social medias.

RaptureWS

I don't know I keep putting stock KFMX out of Lubbock but they finally announced that tickets for their Deftones show go on sale this Friday. Considering all these other events and the fact that those tickets were originally going to coincide with a new single...I personally think Friday is a good bet for a new track.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

B0RNtoR0CK

My biggest problem with KNY was that Steph used an AXE FX on the record which as apparent, it didn't have the umph in the tone. I'm glad hes going back to a real amp this record.

Alectwin

therealdaebat

---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Val

Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Jan 25, 2016, 08:47 PM
My biggest problem with KNY was that Steph used an AXE FX on the record which as apparent, it didn't have the umph in the tone. I'm glad hes going back to a real amp this record.
Axe FX II and the recent XL with the latest updates make it leauges better. When mixed properly you cant even tell the difference. Umph doesnt come directly from guitar tone but also bass/drums and mixing/mastering.

If you want an example of umph with an Axe FX II. See Nolly from Periphery play bass; their tone is impeccable. This is direct live feed too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCp8vE1ZT0g

greGORErio

thewanderer

Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

RaptureWS

Quote from: greGORErio on Jan 26, 2016, 07:08 PM
Rubicon
Stranger danger!!

JK :) Welcome to SL!

I gotta ask though........why is your first post the name of a song? You got some inside info bruh?  8)
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Val

Quote from: RaptureWS on Jan 26, 2016, 09:21 PM
Quote from: greGORErio on Jan 26, 2016, 07:08 PM
Rubicon
Stranger danger!!

JK :) Welcome to SL! Yeah it definitely looks like Rubicon is the 11th track name. Speaking of......I have seen articles that states 16 songs were recorded for Gore and a lot of people seem to think the album will have 16 tracks. Has this been confirmed? Most bands write more songs than they need for an album and the best ones get picked. Deftones albums are always 10-12 tracks so I can't imagine them having 16 unless they have a few 'Pink Cellphone' style tracks going on.

On another note.......Steph has twice said now not to expect much from this album. In one interview he talked in more general terms about high expectations usually leading to letdowns in life, which is true. In the other interview he said something similar but wasn't quite as vague.  He also mentioned that a lot of this album isn't really his influence and that Chino and Sergio did a lot of the work for the album. Stephen on the other hand referred to himself as the "glue" that holds it together. So.....little influence on the album and telling people not to get their hopes up is getting me worried that Stephen does not like the new album. Even if he doesn't dig the new tunes it could still be an amazing record but it is a bit worrisome. No one in the band seems very enthusiastic about the album and they went back and forth with the album mixing. I have been a fan since ATF released and I have yet to be disappointed at all. I adore every album for different reasons but I am starting to think this could finally be the album that I am just not feeling. Hopefully I am just thinking too much about a few comments. Anyone else have similar thoughts?

Please reduce your adderall dosage.

I think you're over thinking it. He's being humble and not bragging/or saying its the best thing since slice bread, which is in line with Steph and anyone in Deftones for that matter.

cvthedrv

this hype is disguting, calm your clits, girls.

E-Money

I personally think Steph has been pretty lame with his writing on the last couple of records. Hoping for some more experimentation on this record . The Swerve City and Butcher riffs make me cringe sometimes. Just not even close to what he is capable of. Or what he has given us in the past. Idk just my dumb opinion .

And Steph is one of my favorite musicians out there.. Not trying to rag on him.. Just feel like he wrote his greatest riffs on a 6 string. Kinda tired of the low sludgy sound .. Miss the tone from ATF and WP. Doesn't get any better than that!

And I really like what he was up to on that Eros video that leaked last year. That sounded much more experimental.

xbloodycape

Quote from: E-Money on Jan 26, 2016, 09:38 PM
I personally think Steph has been pretty lame with his writing on the last couple of records. Hoping for some more experimentation on this record . The Swerve City and Butcher riffs make me cringe sometimes. Just not even close to what he is capable of. Or what he has given us in the past. Idk just my dumb opinion .

I agree. I am a mediocre guitarist at best and when playing along with Swerve City or Butcher it feels repetitive and simple. Like I'm sitting there playing it like damn, if I had an eight string when I first started playing guitar this would have been my first song.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

E-Money

Quote from: xbloodycape on Jan 26, 2016, 09:40 PM

Quote from: E-Money on Jan 26, 2016, 09:38 PM

I agree. I am a mediocre guitarist at best and when playing along with Swerve City or Butcher it feels repetitive and simple. Like I'm sitting there playing it like damn, if I had an eight string when I first started playing guitar this would have been my first song.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat man. I play some of the stuff from DE and KNY and it just doesn't do it for me . It's like he wasn't trying or something . I know that's not true but IMO he hasn't made anything lately that even comes close to what he accomplished earlier in his career .