Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas_Moreno

Quote from: pinata89 on Aug 23, 2016, 04:56 AM
Had a dream last night that Deftones released a Special Edition version of Gore featuring "Crest" and a song called "Something Like It".... It was weird and cool. The artwork was the bird used on their Instagram post for "Doomed User." Bizarre, but I found it true until I woke up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey that's cool

defTHE1s

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 10, 2016, 01:22 PM
best moment on the record: phantom bride at 3:50. when there's nothing but a solo guitar soundng it's played backwards (don't know if it's some kind of volume swell or something) and when stef joins in and those 3 backward sounding notes are playing back and forth in a slow tempo
to stef's doomey very effectve simple tones.that'friggin awesome. best moment.
Couldn't write it better.

Quote from: Moz on Apr 10, 2016, 10:11 AM
Fave moment of the album isnt even a debate: when after the chorus on Acid Hologram the sound goes dark and the voice of chino is all monster-like. Reminds me of ATF and WP
Also this is epic.
Best moments on the album SO far.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

defTHE1s

And by today...
Quote from: mono on Apr 11, 2016, 08:31 PM
No news about gore instrumentals?

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

beansandcornbread

Quote from: defTHE1s on Sep 06, 2016, 07:48 PM
And by today...
Quote from: mono on Apr 11, 2016, 08:31 PM
No news about gore instrumentals?

Can't wait for this.  Maybe we will get a Phantom Bride version without the solo as well.

defTHE1s

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 13, 2016, 08:20 PM
I seem to have a bad memory with things like concerts, the details kind of blur very soon afterwards for me, so I prefer capturing some memories as well.

I also have this, but I don't know if it's a cause or a consequence.
I mean, If I know I'm going to take some photos/vids (or recording audio wich I use to do) then I know that I'll be able later to remember certain things. It's like an unconscious move.
But if you don't have something to capture a moment, like most people in the 90's - 00's did, you just focus all your attention to what are you hearing and seeing.

defTHE1s

Quote from: DenakDW on Apr 14, 2016, 07:25 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 14, 2016, 05:46 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 14, 2016, 05:43 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 14, 2016, 05:28 AM
"My favorite song they play is guns razors and knives" .. Dont you mean Rocket Skates? "Which song is that?" - real convo i had with a "fan" back in 2012 when i saw them in Dallas

Doesn't even make sense. They obviously know the song, but they don't know the title? It's not like Deftones are played on the radio all the time, either. You'd know the song by either listening to Diamond Eyes or watching the music video. Maybe the person's friends played the song to them or some shit. I think people are just oblivious to pesky formalities like song titles.

Lol, I was at the Amoeba show talking to some dude about how much we liked Gore. Then when they started playing Rubicon, he looks at me confused and says "Which song is this?" I'll cut him some slack though, because the album did just come out. Maybe he hasn't been listening to it obsessively like the rest of us.
Theres alot of fans in mexico who actually do this. They get the titles wrong or dont know the titles at all, they just say what the chorus says and you know what it is lol

I'm Mexican... I can tell that's true! Nada más le washa washean en los coros:
Oraciones!!!! Triángulos!! Nunca serás libre!!
I remember last time they were here in Mexico (2014), there were asking and recording people outside the venue what was their favorite songs and to sing a bit of it, and when the videos were projected before the show on the screens, there's this girl which sang "Cherry weiivsss... saaackk.. you in..."
and everywhere inside the venue was LOL  :o ;D

defTHE1s

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Apr 27, 2016, 12:08 AM
! No longer available

beginning part of this song reminds me of acid hologram
Exactly my thoughts at first listen.
Well, in my case, AH reminded me of this song.

defTHE1s

snw9

I haven't found anything about a music video for Phantom Bride.
Code: [Select]

Lucas_Moreno

Someone, please, where are all the live footage of S/T album (like Battle Axe, Bloody Cape, Needles and Pins)? Somewhere into 2003 they've played but in Youtube the quality is poor.
Also, looks like Chino and/or Deftones don't want to spread more videos of them (Besides, they don't play it anymore).

Thanks

EDIT: Srry, wrong thread

sooniletugo

Still fucking loving this album. Acid Hologram and LMIRL are my most played recently.

pinata89

Seeing them in Indy tonight. Can't wait to hear Acid Hologram and Gore live!

sooniletugo

Enjoy man! Hopefully they'll play Geometric Headdress too, I love that one.

astynk

Just now I realized that I'm absolutely in love with this album. I gave it a few listens back in the day and was like "well that's just meh" and abandoned it.
Deftones' new stuff grows on me when I don't listen to it for months.

Xenon is really like about me. First off, when I was about 12 my nickname was XeNoN. Then again, "you're floating out astray" describes my life perfectly. I'm kinda off my way, too many triangles have been placed in my mind. The fuck am I even saying, whatever.

sooniletugo

Right on my friend. You got those diamonds in your brain, and the desire in your veins.

guarnoplo

I mean, I like songs from this album: geometric headdress, pittura inframante, gore,...; but I don't get the same vibe I get from listening to other songs of any other album. I don't feel them.

Actually I haven't been a Deftones fan since so long ago, I just knew what had been played on the radio. A couple years ago I decided to start listening their music: I started with KNY! and then I just listened other songs from here and there so I got familiar with their sound. After listening to SNW for the most part I didn't find myself going back to KNY that often, but when I would and still do I really enjoy it.

The thing is Gore came out and I still had songs unheard from past albums. So when I listen for the first time to a song from Gore and then a song from the past albums you can imagine what happens. Even with songs from the album prior to KNY and that they call as commercial -maybe- and not so great: ha, that album! damn. Would you believe me that I hadn't have really listened, actually, to songs like royal, prince, risk, 976-evil?

Well, I hope you get my point.

defTHE1s

Quote from: guarnoplo on Sep 22, 2016, 10:58 AM
I mean, I like songs from this album: geometric headdress, pittura inframante, gore,...; but I don't get the same vibe I get from listening to other songs of any other album. I don't feel them.

I get it.
In my case, I can tell that are few songs I enjoy and they're good indeed. But for example, imho, nothing in GORE can still beat Smile.

Gore songs feels like they're missing something although the best songs wich best define Deftones for me are Acid Hologram, Rubicon and maybe H/W.

jbmp1390

Quote from: defTHE1s on Sep 22, 2016, 09:19 PM
Quote from: guarnoplo on Sep 22, 2016, 10:58 AM

I get it.
In my case, I can tell that are few songs I enjoy and they're good indeed. But for example, imho, nothing in GORE can still beat Smile.

Gore songs feels like they're missing something although the best songs wich best define Deftones for me are Acid Hologram, Rubicon and maybe H/W.

I think Gore is their best in a long time and has some monster songs on it that will eventually be thought of as deftones classics. But I'm still kinda right there with you THE1s. Love the album but there is still a "feeling" that it doesn't quite bring that other albums obviously did. I feel like it has certain tracks that have it but not the album as a whole. To me Acid Hologram and Geometric Headress are the most Deftones songs on it. Still a great album though and I'm very grateful for it, and happy they didn't repeat kny.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

ANattyRat

In some ways I very much feel like Gore contains my favourite songs. But I know that's because it's still new and everything. But I know for me it's third best, behind White Pony and ST. For me now, the only thing that'll solidify that is time. If I still feel the same in five years, then it's a classic Deftones album for me. As opposed to it just being the hype.

pelican fly

Quote from: ANattyRat on Sep 25, 2016, 03:48 AM
In some ways I very much feel like Gore contains my favourite songs.

Acid, Geo and the later half is some of their best man.