Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seven

' My custom made nightmares.
Armed With teeth in fashion.
Now all we need is Action.' Meh... There's nothing to say other than that, you just proved my point. Here she comes again, and the answer is in the room.

The Prodigy

Chino Moreno said he was jealous of limp bizkit sucess,But he called Fred Durst, and he said, 'Dude, sorry about that. I don't know... I guess it was a bad day, I was just talking shit.'   He has toured with Korn and even appeared on their records. But in 2003, after Moreno questioned Davis€™ lyrics, the Korn singer slammed Moreno as bitter for not achieving the same success.
Anyway, history has venerated Korn and the others!

Inkblades

Quote from: Seven on Mar 02, 2017, 03:43 AM
' My custom made nightmares.
Armed With teeth in fashion.
Now all we need is Action.' Meh... There's nothing to say other than that, you just proved my point. Here she comes again, and the answer is in the room.

See, I like the "my custom made nightmares" line. I like the "armed with teeth in fashion" part too, although it does sound like the Chino mix-and-match my favorite words school of lyricism. I'm not saying it's pure lyrical brilliance, but I'm not exactly seeing how those lyrics are immature, either.

I guess because they aren't as sophisticated and mature as noted Poet Laureate Fred Durst's "She likes the way we pump it, I call her pumpkin pie". Mmm, yes! Such a rich tapestry of wordplay and metaphor! GENIUS!

And yes, history has venerated Korn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Papa Roach...as really great punchlines when people talk about bands that sniff ball sacks.

Seven

I will not argue with a fanboy, even chino said... he was jealous of their sucess... Fred Durst slways said he didn't Take lb too seriously, he's fucking around with the lyrics! Not claiming he'said better than Deftones! Even if his band are in fact more sucefull!

Inkblades

I'm not arguing that Chino wasn't annoyed by the success* of less talented bands. We all know he was. I'm just saying I don't see how those lyrics from Royal are immature.

And I really don't see how when it's Chino, it's "his lyrics can be immature", but when it's Fred Durst, it's "Oh, it's just Limp Bizkit! What do you expect? Don't take it so seriously!" But I guess that's because you hold Chino and Deftones to a much higher standard.

But you're right, don't take LB seriously. No one does. They are pretty much universally regarded as a joke.

Freedomsoldier17

they did it all for the nookie

Inkblades

So you can take this cookie?

Seven

No Fred is just a humble dude! And i'm not talking about lb only Korn has more talent than Deftones even otherse bands and they are Humble gays!

Inkblades

Quote from: Seven on Mar 02, 2017, 11:02 PM
Korn has more talent than Deftones even otherse bands and they are Humble gays!

Seven

Gay:

1. jovial or happy, good-spirited

2. a homosexual male or female

I meant the first one!

The Prodigy

Exactly. They are more successful and you don't see them saying 'im better than the joke Deftones' because they don't need that! I see chino as an attention whore!

Inkblades

The reason you don't see Korn, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park saying they are better than Deftones is because they couldn't do it with a straight face.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 02, 2017, 09:05 PM

If anything, history has venerated Deftones. All those other bands that have been mentioned here have fallen wayyy off, and become literal jokes in the music industry. Deftones have continued their success. Maybe in the 90s/early 00s I would say Korn or LB were more successful than Deftones. Now, though? Definitely not.

"My custom made nightmares" - This is a good line, not sure what the problem is here.

"Armed With teeth in fashion" - This is an even better line! Seriously, this line is really very good. Remember that the context here is not "fashion" as in clothing and style. The line is using the word fashion like, "in such a fashion." Essentially, the line is saying "using teeth as a weapon or tool."
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Seven on Mar 02, 2017, 11:02 PM
No Fred is just a humble dude! And i'm not talking about lb only Korn has more talent than Deftones even otherse bands and they are Humble gays!

Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 03, 2017, 12:21 AM
Exactly. They are more successful and you don't see them saying 'im better than the joke Deftones' because they don't need that! I see chino as an attention whore!

Holy fuck, ever since you morons joined, this board became the worst. Every single one of your contributions so far - in any thread - have been nothing but embarassing. Congratulations.

The Prodigy

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 03, 2017, 01:10 AM

If anything, history has venerated Deftones. All those other bands that have been mentioned here have fallen wayyy off, and become literal jokes in the music industry. Deftones have continued their success. Maybe in the 90s/early 00s I would say Korn or LB were more successful than Deftones. Now, though? Definitely not.

"My custom made nightmares" - This is a good line, not sure what the problem is here.

"Armed With teeth in fashion" - This is an even better line! Seriously, this line is really very good. Remember that the context here is not "fashion" as in clothing and style. The line is using the word fashion like, "in such a fashion." Essentially, the line is saying "using teeth as a weapon or tool."

Háhahahá you are a joke! Example: Linkin Park 谢谢 - #HeavyLP is #1 in China Lol... The YouTube Vídeo Since 16/02/2017 has 11 719 224 views...The vídeo with more víews on the Deftones channel is the pathetic diamond eyes with 11 403 936 views since 16/04/2010 Lol you fanboys are blind to the reality

BewareTheWater

I love the shit out of Korn. I even wish they were as close with Chino/Deftones as they were in the old days. That being said, I'm not going to sit here and say that their music is better than Deftones....

guarnoplo

oh, shit got real

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 03, 2017, 01:42 AM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 03, 2017, 01:10 AM

Háhahahá you are a joke! Example: Linkin Park 谢谢 - #HeavyLP is #1 in China Lol... The YouTube Vídeo Since 16/02/2017 has 11 719 224 views...The vídeo with more víews on the Deftones channel is the pathetic diamond eyes with 11 403 936 views since 16/04/2010 Lol you fanboys are blind to the reality

Learn to use the quote function, please.

I will concede that Linkin Park is the exception to the rule here. The primary reason for their continued success is that they've grown and evolved their sound over time, much like Deftones has. Other bands you mentioned, like LB and Korn, however, did not grow and did not remain successful. Comparing chart success from Deftones to either Korn and LB over the past 15 years will clearly show that Deftones has been more commercially successful.

It's also important to note, however, that "success" is not only measured in dollars and sales. Personally, I consider Deftones' success to transcend simple album sales. Just look at their influence on the industry in general. Look at the number of more modern bands who consider them a direct influence. When was the last time a band mentioned Limp fucking Bizkit as a direct influence? Worn their merch on stage? Anything? Beuller? Beuller?

I do also recognize the ultimate irony in a person who actually said Korn has more talent than Deftones calling anyone else a "fanboy." Although I imagine the irony eludes you.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

@illthrowROCKS@U Dude shut up! Now Linkin Park is the exception to the rule here hahahaha . Yes korn are more talented and they have more fans ! You are a moron! Words from Chino '"Not that I cared about that, but what did hurt me was - yes, we are successful, but the success is like a whole other level with a band like [Bizkit]. Where with 'White Pony' - which is our most successful record - we barely sold a million records, Limp Bizkit sold about 7 million records.

"So it's success on another level, where those dudes don't need to work for the rest of their lives and make that much fucking money. And us, we're still hustling to do it. It's a whole different level of things. So a part of me wanted to just be mad about it, but at the end of the day, it is what it is."

Slipknot?

guarnoplo

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 03, 2017, 02:01 AM

I will concede that Linkin Park is the exception to the rule here. The primary reason for their continued success is that they've grown and evolved their sound over time, much like Deftones has.

Well, this is not a LP forum but that evolution of Linkin Park was good until the release of "Heavy". Have you listened to that, and every facebook post of them is filled with bad opinions about it, shitting on it.

· About the lyrics, sometimes I don't know if I care about them; if the song in terms of sound is engaging, the lyrics are not my first concern. And that's maybe because english is not my first language so I can't sense the cringe at first. That doesn't mean I can't, because, actually, it happened with the beginning of (L)MIRL; I get the same feeling with the first words from the new Linkin Park song.