Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZND84

inkblades, you summed things up perfect, good shit.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: darkomilicic on Mar 03, 2017, 10:07 PM
Man this argument is all about the He said, She said...Bullshit!

I think you better quit talkin' that shit.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 03, 2017, 11:56 PM
Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 03, 2017, 12:19 PM
I can say the exact same things about you or chino. Whiny bitch, the numbers on the boards, by a long shot. Korn and Linkin park are respected only attention whores say shit about them!

Um, no? Every lyric Chester and "J Devil" (lol) have written has been on some "Life is so hard! I'm being super serious right now you guyz! I'm gonna go cut myself because I'm so numb you guyz!" bullshit. Chino has NEVER written lyrics like that...even in the mid-90's!

And Fred's arguably worse. Because when he wasn't writing "woe is me" lyrics, he was rapping corny shit like this in a goofy fucking voice:

"Welcome to da jungle, PUNK
Take a look around
It's Limp Bizkit fuckin' up yo town!
We download DA SHOCKWAVE
For all da ladies in da cave
So get ya groove on!"

We've reached peak cringe.

Now, that trite, embarrassing nonsense might appeal to moody teenagers like you who are so tormented inside that they have to troll message boards, but us adults wanna hear something with slightly more challenging and thought-out lyrics.

That being said, I will give the three of them props for certain things. Fred has a decent scream. Chester has an okay mid-range voice. Davis can hit some good high-notes. Too bad none of them can write lyrics for shit.

Chino, on the other hand, has the best scream out of the bunch, the best singing voice with the most range and can actually write lyrics that aren't retarded as fuck. He wins. Kthanxbai.

I'm not trolling! You're a stupid kid and a fanboy... You don't know what you're talking about, do you!
Example: Mike co-produced ''Minutes to Midnight'' & ''Living Things'' and produced the ''Hunting Party''. He is the man attributed for the creative direction the band is taking since MTM, but he is not the only songwriter for the band. A producer and a songwriter have vast differences in their roles, and since Mike Shinoda takes on both roles, people often confuse Mike to be the only songwriter of the band.
Although, Mike Shinoda is in fact the principle songwriter for the band, the rest of the band do bring a fair share of material to the table, mike shinoda is amazing and Fort Minor began to take shape during the Collision Course sessions, as Shinoda expanded upon the strictly hip-hop template he'd explored in high school. He connected with the LA rap trio Styles of Beyond, who he had known growing up, to round out the rest of the group and make it more than a Mike Shinoda solo project. I'll let the lyrics speak for themselves : ! No longer available

Inkblades

LMAO, what the fuck are you even talking about? Nice bait and switch argument, you stupid douche sandal. I criticize Chester, so you come back with "Well, what about the other guy in the band?" I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT SHINODA. DID I MENTION SHINODA ONCE? You're a special kind of fuckhead, aren't you?

The Prodigy

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 03, 2017, 04:54 AM
Quote from: Seven on Mar 03, 2017, 02:57 AM
Quote from: patrick on Mar 03, 2017, 02:47 AM
I just have to say, Linkin Park is terrible.  Deftones kill Korn.  Korn has always been ok but have one sound.  The fact that Korn has more fans is an argument against them in my opinion.  Who has more fans Korn or Taylor swift?  Answer: Taylor swift.  So by that logic.....

Linkin Park is amazing! Korn kill deftones everyday! Now by logic, U are in a deftones page. It's normal, opinions around here in defense of deftones.

Linkin Park is amazing...if you find a whiny bitch with a grating voice singing lyrics taken from the diary of a 12 year old goth girl over the most generic powder chords imaginable amazing.

Of course you did...Apparently you actually have to have a little intelligence to know you're stupid. Retard.

Inkblades

I was clearly talking about Chester...hence why I used the word "singing", you barely functioning dolt. Holy fuck, you are a blithering moron who can't even comprehend basic sentences.

Red Pill

Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 04, 2017, 04:13 AM
I just have to say, Linkin Park is terrible.  Deftones kill Korn.  Korn has always been ok but have one sound.  The fact that Korn has more fans is an argument against them in my opinion.  Who has more fans Korn or Taylor swift?  Answer: Taylor swift.  So by that logic.....

Linkin Park is amazing! Korn kill deftones everyday! Now by logic, U are in a deftones page. It's normal, opinions around here in defense of deftones.

Linkin Park is amazing...if you find a whiny bitch with a grating voice singing lyrics taken from the diary of a 12 year old goth girl over the most generic powder chords imaginable amazing.

Of course you did...Apparently you actually have to have a little intelligence to know you're stupid. Retard.
Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 04, 2017, 04:00 AM
LMAO, what the fuck are you even talking about? Nice bait and switch argument, you stupid douche sandal. I criticize Chester, so you come back with "Well, what about the other guy in the band?" I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT SHINODA. DID I MENTION SHINODA ONCE? You're a special kind of fuckhead, aren't you?

Hahahaha gold !The Prodigy +1

Inkblades

Showing up to suckle at your butt buddy's nutsack, huh? That's if you're not the same guy posting under a bunch of different names. Either way, let me break it down real fucking simple for you mongoloid 'tard babies. Singing ≠ rapping. Got it?

Red Pill

Quote from: Red Pill on Mar 04, 2017, 04:43 AM

Linkin Park is amazing...if you find a whiny bitch with a grating voice songing lyrics taken from the diary of a 12 year old goth girl over the most generic powder chords imaginable amazing.

Hahahaha gold !The Prodigy +1

Inkblades

Yes, "lyrics taken from the diary of a 12 year old goth girl" sounds like Chester Bennington to me alright. If I had meant Shinoda, I would have wrote this:

Linkin Park is amazing...if you find a mediocre MC with a monotone voice rapping lyrics taken from the rhyme book of a boring 16 year old wigger over generic computerized beats amazing.

Red Pill

Duh!!!

Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 04, 2017, 03:41 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 03, 2017, 11:56 PM
Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 03, 2017, 12:19 PM
I can say the exact same things about you or chino. Whiny bitch, the numbers on the boards, by a long shot. Korn and Linkin park are respected only attention whores say shit about them!

Um, no? Every lyric Chester and "J Devil" (lol) have written has been on some "Life is so hard! I'm being super serious right now you guyz! I'm gonna go cut myself because I'm so numb you guyz!" bullshit. Chino has NEVER written lyrics like that...even in the mid-90's!

And Fred's arguably worse. Because when he wasn't writing "woe is me" lyrics, he was rapping corny shit like this in a goofy fucking voice:

"Welcome to da jungle, PUNK
Take a look around
It's Limp Bizkit fuckin' up yo town!
We download DA SHOCKWAVE
For all da ladies in da cave
So get ya groove on!"

We've reached peak cringe.

Now, that trite, embarrassing nonsense might appeal to moody teenagers like you who are so tormented inside that they have to troll message boards, but us adults wanna hear something with slightly more challenging and thought-out lyrics.

That being said, I will give the three of them props for certain things. Fred has a decent scream. Chester has an okay mid-range voice. Davis can hit some good high-notes. Too bad none of them can write lyrics for shit.

Chino, on the other hand, has the best scream out of the bunch, the best singing voice with the most range and can actually write lyrics that aren't retarded as fuck. He wins. Kthanxbai.

I'm not trolling! You're a stupid kid and a fanboy... You don't know what you're talking about, do you

Example: Mike co-produced ''Minutes to Midnight'' & ''Living Things'' and produced the ''Hunting Party''. He is the man attributed for the creative direction the band is taking since MTM, but he is not the only songwriter for the band. A producer and a songwriter have vast differences in their roles, and ince Mike Shinoda takes on both roles, people often confuse Mike to be the only songwriter of the band.
Although, Mike Shinoda is in fact the principle songwriter for the band, the rest of the band do bring a fair share of material to the table, mike shinoda is amazing and Fort Minor began to take shape during the Collision Course sessions, as Shinoda expanded upon the strictly hip-hop template he'd explored in high school. He connected with the LA rap trio Styles of Beyond, who he had known growing up, to round out the rest of the group and make it more than a Mike Shinoda solo project. I'll let the lyrics speak for themselves : ! No longer available

Duh!

Linkin Park is amazing...if you find a whiny bitch with a grating voice singing lyrics taken from the diary of a 12 year old goth girl over the most generic powder chords imaginable amazing.forma

Of course you did...Apparently you actually have to have a little intelligence to know you're stupid. Retard

Inkblades

You've learned how to use the quote function. You must be very proud of yourself. However, repeating the same posts over and over again isn't going to somehow magically make you and and that other idiot's complete and utter lack of a reply coherent.

Red Pill

guarnoplo

ban hammer?

Red Pill

illthrowROCKS@U

That's all you're going to get, so don't expect anything else. He's yet to address any of my actual arguments... he just rehashes his earlier arguments and ignores anything that's actually being said.

Like when I said that success isn't measure simply in album sales, he completely ignored that and continued to post album sale numbers.

Or, if he is going to stick with album sale numbers as his absolute determiner of success, when I clearly asked him how Limp Bizkit has done over the past 15 years, and to compare it with Deftones over the same time period, he quoted me and brings up albums from the 90s and early 2000s. He ignored the fact that they have been completely forgotten, by comparison to Deftones, over the course of history. Of course, if he actually addressed my comments it would completely demolish his argument, so I can't say I blame him all that much for continuing to reorient the conversation.

I still can't decide if he's actually unable to comprehend basic English or if he's trolling.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

Wtf???

- Korn, "The Paradigm Shift" - No. 8 - "The Paradigm Shift" debuts at No. 8 this week, giving the band its 12th top 10 album.
Rock band Korn claims its lucky 13th top 10 album on the Billboard 200, as The Serenity of Suffering starts at No. 4

You are unable to comprehend basic English or clearly you're are trolling.
Quote from: BewareTheWater on Mar 03, 2017, 08:39 PM
when ( as already stated ) it's very fucking obvious that those bands have always been more successful than Deftones from a marketing standpoint and Korn continues to be successful. ..

illthrowROCKS@U

The Serenity of Suffering peaked at #4 on US charts, Gore peaked at #2.

The Paradigm Shift peaked at #8, KNY peaked at #11.

The Path of Totality peaked at #10, DE peaked at #6.

Those are the last 3 albums from both bands. Average chart number for Deftones = 6.33, average for Korn = 7.33.

Korn and Deftones are on at the very least the same level of "chart success" over the recent years. Again, chart success is only a small fraction of what most normal minded people would consider "success" in the music industry.

I'll also point out that my last comment was about you sidestepping arguments that would make your position look weak. Your response was do do exactly what I said you were doing... again. Isn't is pretty fantastic that I would accuse you of doing something, and your response would be to do exactly what I accused you of doing? It's like you do the work of countering your points for me.

My most recent comment specifically mentioned Limp Bizkit, and you've conveniently left out their last 15 years of album sales. I wonder why that is!??!!! Can anybody guess?!?!?!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

illthrowROCKS@U

Just to make it easy for you I'll address it now...

In 2003 Limp Bizkit put out "Results May Vary," which peaked at #3. Deftones put out their Self Titled the same year which peaked at #2.

In 2005 Limp Bizkit put out their "Greatest Hitz" album, cleverly spelled with a "z" to make it extra edgy. This peaked at 47. Apparently their greatest of "hitz" was not quite as popular as a Deftones B-Side album which peaked at 43 that same year.

In 2005 Limp Bizkit also put out "The Unquestionable Truth," which peaked at a depressing #24. The next year Deftones would put out Sat Night Wrist which peaked at #10.

In 2011 Limp Bizkit put out "Gold Cobra," which peaked at #16. A year prior, Deftones put out Diamond Eyes, which peaked at #6.

Since then, Deftones put out KNY and Gore, which peaked at #11 and #2 respectively.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 03, 2017, 05:33 PM
Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 03, 2017, 04:13 AM
You said:

If anything, history has venerated Deftones. All those other bands that have been mentioned here have fallen wayyy off, and become literal jokes in the music industry.

Man, why you Gatta lie through your teeth...

QuoteKorn and LB produced the same album with the same sound a few times and got big when that sound was popular. False

Just look at their influence on the industry in general. Look at the number of more modern bands who consider them a direct influence. Korn have more fans! And yes you are a fangirl shut up!

Dude The Best Selling Metal Albums of All Time:
Linkin Park – Hybrid Theory
10 times platinum

Limp Bizkit – Significant Other
7 x platinum

Limp Bizkit – Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water
6 x platinum

Korn – Follow the Leader
5 x platinum

Linkin Park – Meteora
4 x platinum

Korn – Issues
3 x platinum

Papa Roach – Infest
3 x platinum

Since you're going to bring all this up, why don't we look at the timeline of events, shall we? In 1995 Deftones essentially invent the "Nu Metal" sound on their album Adrenaline. A year later, Korn in part replicate that sound on their commercially successful album Life Is Peachy, but don't see ultimate commercial success until Follow the Leader in 1998. Limp Bizkit don't see success until 1999. By 2000, Deftones wouldn't even be considered "Nu Metal" anymore, with their release of White Pony.

You lied, I proved you wrong

You see, if you had an ounce of critical thinking skills, or any knowledge of music history, the bands that create movements always are looked upon with more value, from an historical perspective. In the moment, bands like LB capitalized on a sound someone else (including Deftones) invented.

They didn't push any boundaries or do anything groundbreaking, they just came at the right time. Deftones, on the other hand, were actually before their time. By the time their partially-created subgenere became popular, they were already onto another one. You see the obvious difference, yes? You're able to put this clear and present evidence together, yes?

QuoteDeftones its not even in the same league! Said by chino himself too!

Again, your obvious lack of reading comprehension skills rears its ugly head. If you think Chino said this, you did not understand the quote that you yourself presented. He was jealous that other bands were successful from success he helped to invent. How did you miss this important aspect of the information that you yourself presented?

Here's the score. From an objective standpoint, and from a critical perspective, Deftones have been more successful when it comes to creating and inventing new art. The other bands you've mentioned have been excellent copycats with good marketing schemes. They were the pretty boys who made the money, while bands like Deftones laid the groundwork. From an historical perspective, this is the reality. From your shallow perspective, of simple market success, Deftones even win this argument when the length of their entire career is considered. LB and Korn fell off, did not grow and did not change, and do not enjoy market success anymore. So by your measurement, they are inferior to Deftones. One or two albums does not Count

I would say go learn basic reading comprehension and critical thinking skills, but these things are innate and not learned. I'm afraid you just simply lack them.