Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prodigy

Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 03, 2017, 06:32 PM
Yeah
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 03, 2017, 03:33 PM
Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 03, 2017, 02:13 AM

Man, why you Gatta lie through your teeth...

How is this a lie? Can you provide any evidence for your claim? Because I can...
No you can't liar! Burn dumbfuck!

You can always trace back influences and styles to much earlier years. But the first band to ever be labeled nu-metal was Korn in 1994.  There was hip hop and rock fusion in the 80s and 90s with stuff like Anthrax, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and the Beastie Boys, but they actually tried... I actually love some of these bands... but when Korn and Limp Bizkit blew up with songs like Freak on a Leash and Nookie, it was seen as a revolution by many. I agree Deftones was one of the first but were very moderate about it and didn't become popular until they had already made two albums (Adrenaline and Around the Fur) and came out with White Pony. Limp Bizkit , they became honorary members of this new fraternity of misfits after Durst pressed his band's demo into Korn's hand when the latter band played Jacksonville.
They jumped on board at exactly the right time. The scene was slowly gaining traction: Korn released their debut album in October 1994; Deftones' debut, Adrenaline, followed exactly a year later. The whole thing gained further momentum when Sepultura released Roots in early 1996. The track Cutawayfeatured Korn's Jonathan Davis and DJ Lethal of the then-unknown Limp Bizkit. Korn is the eponymous debut studio album It was released in 1994, right after the band toured with Biohazard and House of Pain. Korn was well received by music critics. The band stormed the alternative scene virtually overnight, and is said to have established Nu-Metal.

Bands like Coal Chamber and Limp Bizkit were inspired by the album's rage, emphasising similar grooves and song structures, including some Hip Hop elements. Slipknot, Machine Head, and Sepultura were also inspired by the album. The album launched the career of record producer Ross Robinson, who later produced albums such as Three Dollar Bill, Yall by Limp Bizkit and Slipknot's first two albums.

A little more than a year after release, the album went Gold in the United States. The album spawned 4 singles; followed by "Need To", "Shoots and Ladders" and "Clown". The album has now sold over 10 million copies worldwide and was never before issued on vinyl.
KORN exploded the genre to new heights but again weren't mainstream until they added Limp Bizkit to their Family Values Tours and then both bands became very prevalent together. All those bands who had moderate success blew up.
"I know a lot of people hate Fred Durst, but I think he's really f*cking talented" ~Lars Ulrich
Now says Durst. "We weren't quite hip hop, we weren't quite metal. But we just didn't give a fuck, and we always tried to say that fairly blatantly. I think that was one of the things that became dislikeable about us."
"Korn has a much better vocalist who is somewhat intelligent. A lot of these bands get the right ingredients, the right formula, and—voilà—they have a metal band. A band like Godsmack is just a cross between Metallica and Alice in Chains, with a bit of Korn thrown in." ~Kirk Hammett
Year of release, Title, U.S.A. Peak, U.K. Peak, U.S.A. Shipments
1994 - Korn - #72 - none - 2.000.000 (2x Platinum)
1996 - Life Is Peachy - #3 - #32 - 2.000.000 (2x Platinum)
1998 - Follow the Leader - #1 - #5 - 5.000.000 (5x Platinum)
1999 - Issues - #1 - #37 - 3.000.000 (3x Platinum)
2002 - Untouchables - #2 - #4 - 1.000.000 (1x Platinum)
2003 - Take a Look in the Mirror - #9 - #53 - 1.000.000 (1x Platinum)
2004 - Greatest Hits, Volume 1 - #4 - #17 - 1.000.000 (1x Platinum)
2005 - See You on the Other Side - #3 - #5 - 2.000.000 (2x Platinum)
2007 - MTV Unplugged: Korn - #9 - #6 - 500.000 (Gold)
- Korn, "The Paradigm Shift" - No. 8 - "The Paradigm Shift" debuts at No. 8 this week, giving the band its 12th top 10 album.
Rock band Korn claims its lucky 13th top 10 album on the Billboard 200, as The Serenity of Suffering starts at No. 4

illthrowROCKS@U

You're impossible. Nothing will get through. You'll continue to bring up irrelevant material and redirect from the information provided to you.

Obvious troll (I hope).
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

Quote from: BewareTheWater on Mar 03, 2017, 06:39 PM
apparently, more successful than Korn and LB, when ( as already stated ) it's very fucking obvious that those bands have always been more successful than Deftones from a marketing standpoint and Korn continues to be successful. LB , on the other hand...
No, you are trolling! You lied,I proved you wrong

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 04, 2017, 09:14 PM
apparently, more successful than Korn and LB, when ( as already stated ) it's very fucking obvious that those bands have always been more successful than Deftones from a marketing standpoint and Korn continues to be successful. LB , on the other hand...
No, you are trolling! You lied,I prover you wrong

So why have you not responded to my comment about LB's past 15+ years vs Deftones'? Why have you not addressed my comments comparing the commercial success of Korn's last 3 albums vs Deftones' last 3 albums? Why do you continue to focus your attention on the results of 2 bands that benefited from superior marketing schemes during a time when their genre was popular? Why have you ignored my statement that Deftones moved on from that genre even before it became mainstream, predating the popularity of the genre that would eventually become popular with bands like LP and LB years after?

You ignore these things because you can't combat them.

You proved nothing except that you're incapable of presenting a coherent thought.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

I would say go learn basic reading comprehension!

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 04, 2017, 09:19 PM
Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 04, 2017, 09:14 PM
No, you are trolling! You lied,I prover you wrong

So why have you not responded to my comment about LB's past 15+ years vs Deftones'?
I agree on lb, i made it clear when bewarethewater posted.Now. You are wrong on korn and the other stuff!
Why have you not addressed my comments comparing the commercial success of Korn's last 3 albums vs Deftones' last 3 albums? As you said,Korn and Deftones are on at the very least the same level of "chart success" over the recent years. But it's very fucking obvious that those bands have always been more successful than Deftones from a marketing standpoint and Korn continues to be successful. LB , on the other hand...   Why do you continue to focus your attention on the results of 2 bands that benefited from superior marketing schemes during a time when their genre was popular? Wrong.

Why have you ignored my statement that Deftones moved on from that genre even before it became mainstream, predating the popularity of the genre that would eventually become popular with bands like LP and LB years after? Wrong.

You ignore these things because you can't combat them.
Wrong.
You proved nothing except that you're incapable of presenting a coherent thought.
Wrong.

The Prodigy

Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 04, 2017, 09:06 PM
Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 03, 2017, 06:32 PM
Yeah
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 03, 2017, 03:33 PM
Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 03, 2017, 02:13 AM

Man, why you Gatta lie through your teeth...

How is this a lie? Can you provide any evidence for your claim? Because I can...
No you can't liar! Burn dumbfuck!

You can always trace back influences and styles to much earlier years. But the first band to ever be labeled nu-metal was Korn in 1994.  There was hip hop and rock fusion in the 80s and 90s with stuff like Anthrax, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and the Beastie Boys, but they actually tried... I actually love some of these bands... but when Korn and Limp Bizkit blew up with songs like Freak on a Leash and Nookie, it was seen as a revolution by many. I agree Deftones was one of the first but were very moderate about it and didn't become popular until they had already made two albums (Adrenaline and Around the Fur) and came out with White Pony. Limp Bizkit , they became honorary members of this new fraternity of misfits after Durst pressed his band's demo into Korn's hand when the latter band played Jacksonville.
They jumped on board at exactly the right time. The scene was slowly gaining traction: Korn released their debut album in October 1994; Deftones' debut, Adrenaline, followed exactly a year later. The whole thing gained further momentum when Sepultura released Roots in early 1996. The track Cutawayfeatured Korn's Jonathan Davis and DJ Lethal of the then-unknown Limp Bizkit. Korn is the eponymous debut studio album It was released in 1994, right after the band toured with Biohazard and House of Pain. Korn was well received by music critics. The band stormed the alternative scene virtually overnight, and is said to have established Nu-Metal.

Bands like Coal Chamber and Limp Bizkit were inspired by the album's rage, emphasising similar grooves and song structures, including some Hip Hop elements. Slipknot, Machine Head, and Sepultura were also inspired by the album. The album launched the career of record producer Ross Robinson, who later produced albums such as Three Dollar Bill, Yall by Limp Bizkit and Slipknot's first two albums.

A little more than a year after release, the album went Gold in the United States. The album spawned 4 singles; followed by "Need To", "Shoots and Ladders" and "Clown". The album has now sold over 10 million copies worldwide and was never before issued on vinyl.
KORN exploded the genre to new heights but again weren't mainstream until they added Limp Bizkit to their Family Values Tours and then both bands became very prevalent together. All those bands who had moderate success blew up.
"I know a lot of people hate Fred Durst, but I think he's really f*cking talented" ~Lars Ulrich
Now says Durst. "We weren't quite hip hop, we weren't quite metal. But we just didn't give a fuck, and we always tried to say that fairly blatantly. I think that was one of the things that became dislikeable about us."
"Korn has a much better vocalist who is somewhat intelligent. A lot of these bands get the right ingredients, the right formula, and—voilà—they have a metal band. A band like Godsmack is just a cross between Metallica and Alice in Chains, with a bit of Korn thrown in." ~Kirk Hammett
Year of release, Title, U.S.A. Peak, U.K. Peak, U.S.A. Shipments
1994 - Korn - #72 - none - 2.000.000 (2x Platinum)
1996 - Life Is Peachy - #3 - #32 - 2.000.000 (2x Platinum)
1998 - Follow the Leader - #1 - #5 - 5.000.000 (5x Platinum)
1999 - Issues - #1 - #37 - 3.000.000 (3x Platinum)
2002 - Untouchables - #2 - #4 - 1.000.000 (1x Platinum)
2003 - Take a Look in the Mirror - #9 - #53 - 1.000.000 (1x Platinum)
2004 - Greatest Hits, Volume 1 - #4 - #17 - 1.000.000 (1x Platinum)
2005 - See You on the Other Side - #3 - #5 - 2.000.000 (2x Platinum)
2007 - MTV Unplugged: Korn - #9 - #6 - 500.000 (Gold)
- Korn, "The Paradigm Shift" - No. 8 - "The Paradigm Shift" debuts at No. 8 this week, giving the band its 12th top 10 album.
Rock band Korn claims its lucky 13th top 10 album on the Billboard 200, as The Serenity of Suffering starts at No. 4

illthrowROCKS@U

Now I really have no words...

You've again ignored what I said, sidestepped the information presented in my comments, and instead you've repeated yourself. You've stopped making your misdirection even remotely subtle and placed it right out in front for everyone to see. You're not even trying to make it seem like anything but misdirection at this point.

This makes it clear that you are an intentional troll, and so now I'm going to bow out and let you do your thing. I've never understood what sort of pleasure anyone could gain from doing what you do, but I guess to each their own. It does make me wonder about the self-esteem issues of people who choose to act in this way with strangers, though...
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

Wtf? Dude...I replied..but, my cellphone , quote and don't assume my reply without the quote on it! Read it again!

RavinVsFlud

So, you DO like Gore or you DON'T like Gore?

The Prodigy

Quote from: The Prodigy on Feb 16, 2017, 07:59 PM
Quote from: musteatbrains on Jan 31, 2017, 02:15 PM
For me, Gore marks a low point in the Deftones career, and I'm not sure if they'll ever bounce back from it.  It sounds like a band trying to do their best Deftones impression between the music and lyrics.  Some songs like Gore and Doomed User are heavy for the sake of being heavy, but in the end not very compelling between bland riffs, strained vocals, and uninspired lyrics.  The whole album in fact is filled with pedestrian lyrics that ultimately say nothing and come off either forced or insipid.  Chino's faltering voice does nothing to push their immediacy either.  It appears the sedentary, unencumbered life, while making for a happier existence for the band, also makes for a boring performance that serves as merely the fulfillment of a servant obligation enabling the band to tour, get some press, and sell some outrageously-priced yet also uninspired merchandise.  It's a sad state of affairs, but after almost 30 years it's also not that much of a shocker.
100%

BewareTheWater

Ugh. Ungrateful ass hoes .

Red Pill

Quote from: BewareTheWater on Mar 07, 2017, 02:11 AM
Ugh. Common traits of highly intelligent people ...

snw9

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 04, 2017, 08:46 PM
Just to make it easy for you I'll address it now...

In 2003 Limp Bizkit put out "Results May Vary," which peaked at #3. Deftones put out their Self Titled the same year which peaked at #2.

In 2005 Limp Bizkit put out their "Greatest Hitz" album, cleverly spelled with a "z" to make it extra edgy. This peaked at 47. Apparently their greatest of "hitz" was not quite as popular as a Deftones B-Side album which peaked at 43 that same year.

In 2005 Limp Bizkit also put out "The Unquestionable Truth," which peaked at a depressing #24. The next year Deftones would put out Sat Night Wrist which peaked at #10.

In 2011 Limp Bizkit put out "Gold Cobra," which peaked at #16. A year prior, Deftones put out Diamond Eyes, which peaked at #6.

Since then, Deftones put out KNY and Gore, which peaked at #11 and #2 respectively.

No way on earth any Limp Bizkit would outrank any deftones album.
Code: [Select]

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: snw9 on Mar 07, 2017, 03:04 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 04, 2017, 08:46 PM
Just to make it easy for you I'll address it now...

In 2003 Limp Bizkit put out "Results May Vary," which peaked at #3. Deftones put out their Self Titled the same year which peaked at #2.

In 2005 Limp Bizkit put out their "Greatest Hitz" album, cleverly spelled with a "z" to make it extra edgy. This peaked at 47. Apparently their greatest of "hitz" was not quite as popular as a Deftones B-Side album which peaked at 43 that same year.

In 2005 Limp Bizkit also put out "The Unquestionable Truth," which peaked at a depressing #24. The next year Deftones would put out Sat Night Wrist which peaked at #10.

In 2011 Limp Bizkit put out "Gold Cobra," which peaked at #16. A year prior, Deftones put out Diamond Eyes, which peaked at #6.

Since then, Deftones put out KNY and Gore, which peaked at #11 and #2 respectively.

No way on earth any Limp Bizkit would outrank any deftones album.

Dude no, Limp Bizkit is like the best band ever man. Didn't you know?
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Red Pill

Talk about: Linkin Park, Slipknot , Korn.  You know, Superior sounds!

Freedomsoldier17

you guys have been saying it all wrong.

it's KoЯn

Inkblades

elite54

Are Seven, The Prodigy and Red Pill the same person? All signs point to yes.

Inkblades

Cool video. It's proof that Head would be a better front man for Korn, just like how Wes would be a better front man for Limp.