Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O

Wtf!! Anyone can see that... My logic it's not off...Derp

"I had assumed that the idea of "meta-data" would be misunderstood, and that's why I explained it in my comment. Metacritic does not give reviews. Metacritic compiles all professional reviews of an album and averages them into an aggregate score. What you've provided is a single person's review."

That's why my response!!! I'm giving an example of trust...  Are you trolling?

You claim that professional reviews are a joke, but rely on album sales to determine what bands are "better." Really? Really....? REALLY?! Please... No... album sales are ONE of the points... 

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: O on Mar 12, 2017, 07:57 PM
Wtf!! Anyone can see that... My logic it's not off...Derp

"I had assumed that the idea of "meta-data" would be misunderstood, and that's why I explained it in my comment. Metacritic does not give reviews. Metacritic compiles all professional reviews of an album and averages them into an aggregate score. What you've provided is a single person's review."

That's why my response!!! I'm giving an example of trust...  Are you trolling?

You claim that professional reviews are a joke, but rely on album sales to determine what bands are "better." Really? Really....? REALLY?! Please... No... album sales are ONE of the points...

Now you're babbling again...
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

O

Ok...You're a lost troll...See ya

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: O on Mar 12, 2017, 08:18 PM

Yeah, I'd get out too if I were you. The information presented in a thoughtful and reasonable way is getting to be a bit too much for you to handle.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

O

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 12, 2017, 08:30 PM
Quote from: O on Mar 12, 2017, 08:18 PM

Yeah, I'd get out too if I were you. The information presented in a thoughtful and reasonable way is getting to be a bit too much for you to handle.

I can handle your lack of logic ... But i will not waste my time with you...

illthrowROCKS@U

Still waiting on that user review site which ranks Korn or Limp Bizkit higher than Deftones...

Still waiting for an actual reasonable response to the information I presented other than, "something something trust."

Everyone else sees what is happening here. But hey, maybe if you keep saying I'm the one who's being illogical it'll actually come true like maaaaaagic.

But ad hominem attacks are much easier than actual reasoning. I can't say I blame you.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

O

First, you edited your comment after my response... Now, You're acting as you posted that... and I'm the one avoid giving a direct response. Troll and American... I will not waste my time! Derp!

Inkblades

Quote from: O on Mar 12, 2017, 06:10 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 12, 2017, 02:15 AM
Album sales are basically irrelevant to me, because I don't believe commercial success is indicative of musical talent. And obviously Korn, LB and LP all had more play from MTV back in the day than DT ever did. They were more commercially mainstream bands (possibly racism on the part of the industry, too, giving bands fronted by angry, depressed white boys more of a push than a band fronted by a talented Mexican kid). That being said, illthrowROCKS@U did post that DT albums have often had better first week sales on the Billboard charts than the others, especially lately. Why lately? This ties into what he's been saying, what I've been saying and what many outside of the board have been been saying. Here goes...

Haha that shit had me laughing. Of course commercial sucess is indicative of musical talent too...

Of course it isn't.

And that's just mentioning one talent-less group that had huge commercial success. I won't even bother mentioning all of the amazing musicians who never really made it.

As for the rest, illthrowROCKS@U just thoroughly and accurately explained it all. I didn't even take Metacritic's user averages into account, which just further proves that Deftones are more respected than the others.

Look, at the end of the day, if you like these bands more than Deftones, fine. That's your personal tastes. But what we are showing to you is that DT are more respected in the world. They are more relevant ARTISTICALLY. And I don't think that's going to change anytime soon.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: O on Mar 12, 2017, 08:52 PM
First, you edited your comment after my response... Now, You're acting as you posted that... and I'm the one avoid giving a direct response. Troll and American... I will not waste my time! Derp!

I didn't begin to type my comment until after I had seen your response. I then edited my comment to include the bit about ad hominem attacks. Not that I expect you to believe me, nor do I care, but even so this wouldn't change anything.

I think you've wasted your time since the minute you took your first breath, simply by seeing your "reasoning" capabilities in action. Your version of "reasoning" includes diversionary tactics, exclusion of facts and information, and generic overused insults. You've presented nothing that counters the hard data I've presented regarding the critical and fan reception of albums on a side-by-side comparison.

You consider album sales to be hard evidence, despite the fact that purchasing an album may or may not actually determine the enjoyment of said album. Yet you've said that Professional Critical Response to an album is not acceptable evidence, despite this being an actual literal determination of enjoyment of an album. You've failed to respond to the information presented that suggests average listeners as well rank Deftones albums higher when compared side-by-side to Limp Bizkit and Korn, and more often than not when compared to Linkin Park as well. When faced with meta-data that counters your argument, you presented individual evidence. This individual evidence actually ended up being against your claim, when I pointed out that the same individual you chose as an example actually rated those other bands even LOWER than he rated this one particular Deftones album. He actually rated Koi No Yokan a 6/10, by the way.. which is higher than he's ever rated ANY Korn, Limp Bizkit, or Linkin Park album since he's begun reviewing albums. But all of this you've ignored.

You're a fish flopping out of water, gasping for breath.

Until you can actually formulate a logical and reasonable argument, with sources to back up your claims, you don't have a leg to stand on. To be able to claim that it is Inkblades or me being illogical is the very epitome of psychological delusion.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

O

Of course it is ONE of the points... and illthrowROCKS@U didn't thoroughly and accurately explained it All..just trolled.. and even take Metacritic's user averages into account, while social media is shit! And i was giving an example of trust... He keeps trolling...

'Look, at the end of the day, if you like these bands more than Deftones, fine. That's your personal tastes. But what we are showing to you is that DT are more respected in the world. And I don't think that's going to change anytime soon.'

I'm not even saying that i like more these bands than deftones! I'm giving you a example: Linkin Park is respected and have more success...
I'm just saying on a korn forum- korn is better..  they would say the same, on a lb forum too.

Inkblades

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: O on Mar 12, 2017, 09:13 PM
Of course it is ONE of the points... and illthrowROCKS@U didn't thoroughly and accurately explained it All..just trolled.. and even take Metacritic's user averages into account, while social media is shit! And i was giving an example of trust... He keeps trolling...

No trolling here. This is just your defense for being utterly incapable of defending your argument in a thoughtful and reasonable manner, using evidence to support your claims. What you said made no sense, and so I said you were babbling. What does this "example" of "trust" that you "gave" have to do with any of the information I provided?

Quote'Look, at the end of the day, if you like these bands more than Deftones, fine. That's your personal tastes. But what we are showing to you is that DT are more respected in the world. And I don't think that's going to change anytime soon.'

This is the most important part here. Anyone is allowed to like whatever they like. It's nobody's business to decide what another person should find more enjoyable. But...

QuoteI'm not even saying that i like more these bands than deftones! I'm giving you a example: Linkin Park is respected and have more success...
I'm just saying on a korn forum- korn is better..  they would say the same, on a lb forum too.

...this is where you go off the rails. This isn't about what this forum says. I have presented evidence that suggests the WORLD says Deftones is better. What any individual likes best is up to them, but to make a measurable and disprovable statement like Korn, Limp Bizkit, or Linkin Park (the former two in particular) are more relevant or more respected or more liked than Deftones is simply false. I've given you the information, should you choose to accept it. My guess is that you won't.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

O

Dude you edited your posts while I was replying to you!
Now, You're acting as you posted that... and I'm the one avoid giving a direct response to your nonsense and trolling. I will not waste my time !

Inkblades

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: O on Mar 12, 2017, 09:30 PM
Dude you edited your posts while I was replying to you!
Now, You're acting as you posted that... and I'm the one avoid giving a direct response to your nonsense and trolling. I will not waste my time !

I edit posts when I believe more information is necessary to better describe my argument. This is because I want to present my argument in the most logical and reasonable manner possible. I have not once looked at your response and edited my comments in order to make you look stupid (you do that well enough on your own).

In fact, your responses have no effect on my editing at all. Again, not that I expect you to believe me, nor do I care. But, I do find it interesting that this is yet another diversionary tactic you've adopted in order to take away from the fact that you have nothing of actual relevance to say.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

O

You're pathetic!

ANattyRat

Deftones, please release Eros so we can all be directed into a more positive conversation. At least release Crest. We need it, be the hero we deserve.

Red Pill

Where is the new gore official vĂ­deos?

Red Pill

Inkblades

You put Chino in the same category as Milli Vanilli, Vanilla Ice and the Crazy Town bro?