Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Pill

With weak albums as Gore and cringe worthy covers of drake and talks of Justin Bieber... I put chino in the same category as drake...

Inkblades

Okay, because I'd definitely put Durst in the same category as Vanilla Ice. Chester's basically the sissy version of that Crazy Town douche. Comparing Korn to Milli Vanilli does seem a little unfair, though, outside of the dreds. I won't compare Korn to anyone. Instead, I'll just call them a band that hasn't been relevant since 2003.

Red Pill

Korn stays relevant! Chongo bieber moreno

Inkblades

Hey, don't blame Chino for liking Bieber. Everyone has lame taste in certain areas. For instance, your like of Korn, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park.

Red Pill

I'm good and proud!

LG95

Pittura Infamante is so fucking good.
I could float here forever

O

Pittura is weak... I feel this way with gore...

Quote from: The Prodigy on Feb 16, 2017, 07:59 PM
Quote from: musteatbrains on Jan 31, 2017, 02:15 PM
For me, Gore marks a low point in the Deftones career, and I'm not sure if they'll ever bounce back from it.  It sounds like a band trying to do their best Deftones impression between the music and lyrics.  Some songs like Gore and Doomed User are heavy for the sake of being heavy, but in the end not very compelling between bland riffs, strained vocals, and uninspired lyrics.  The whole album in fact is filled with pedestrian lyrics that ultimately say nothing and come off either forced or insipid.  Chino's faltering voice does nothing to push their immediacy either.  It appears the sedentary, unencumbered life, while making for a happier existence for the band, also makes for a boring performance that serves as merely the fulfillment of a servant obligation enabling the band to tour, get some press, and sell some outrageously-priced yet also uninspired merchandise.  It's a sad state of affairs, but after almost 30 years it's also not that much of a shocker.

! No longer available

BewareTheWater

Quote from: Red Pill on Mar 12, 2017, 09:35 PM
With weak albums as Gore and cringe worthy covers of drake and talks of Justin Bieber... I put chino in the same category as drake...
Then fuckin' honestly, what are you doing here ? As someone said in another thread, you can dislike a certain album or song or whatever and still be a fan , but when you're constantly doing absolutely nothing but talking shit , how much of a fan are you really ? I haven't seen you say a single thing about wtf you actually LIKE about the band or Chino.... It's nothing but " trash " , " lame " , " HA ! Horrible  ", " This is bad, Chino is a hack ", etc. Go to a fucking Limp Bizkit fan forum and talk shit on Chino/Deftones there, then, if that's how tf you feel.

pony_01

fucking idiots

Fred Bob

Quote from: BewareTheWater on Mar 13, 2017, 04:17 PM
Then fuckin' honestly, what are you doing here ? As someone said in another thread, you can dislike a certain album or song or whatever and still be a fan , but when you're constantly doing absolutely nothing but talking shit , how much of a fan are you really ? I haven't seen you say a single thing about wtf you actually LIKE about the band or Chino.... It's nothing but " trash " , " lame " , " HA ! Horrible  ", " This is bad, Chino is a hack ", etc. Go to a fucking Limp Bizkit fan forum and talk shit on Chino/Deftones there, then, if that's how tf you feel.

Dont feed the trolls buddy. This is like an orangutan wandering away from the zoo, and throwing his faeces at you for attention. Just ignore him, and keep the chat on topic, and his mom will call over to his garage bedsit to delivery his microwavable dinner. and then microwave it for him and listen him while he lists out people who he thinks are stupid today. That's what N This 2gether is really about, a mommy and her man child. Actually lots of LB lyrics could fit into that line, maybe he's not speaking metaphorically when he says 'you can take your cookie and stick it....' lol maybe it's actually a real cookie?!

Red Pill

I'm just expressing my opinion, folks. I don't think its right to reward bad decisions by chino, i don't need your aprovall trolls, as far as i'm concerned even stef talk about it. Think for yourself and open your eyes.

Inkblades

Because blame Chino for everything, right? Let's not act like Stephen hasn't thrown down his share of weak and uninspired riffs on the last few albums.

Red Pill

Ok. But I also liked seeing Deftones doing real promotion for the album and releasing multiple music videos for an album instead of a laughable music video and basically nothing else.

Inkblades

Lol, well, they've made their contempt for making music videos pretty well known. Whatareyougonnado?

Red Pill

Well, I don't think its right to reward bad decisions ! I will keep it real... Never be afraid to raise your voice for truth...

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 13, 2017, 08:25 PM
Lol, well, they've made their contempt for making music videos pretty well known. Whatareyougonnado?

I've never been much of a fan of their music videos honestly. I think most, if not all of them, have been pretty lame and uninspired.

Some bands, like Tool, consistently put out excellent music videos. Some other bands, like Deftones, put out shit like Romantic Dreams and Swerve City videos...

I don't think it was official, but the video for Smile was actually really good. Either way, stick to the music, Deftones!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

I'd love to see some cool videos!

guarnoplo

whoa!

The Prodigy came in peace :v

-----

hey,    illthrowROCKS@U, so do you kind of agree with melonhead on the score he gave Gore? Regardless, how do you feel about this album? We've had mixed opinions here about it, and review sites seem to give higher scores to these bands' recent albums (as it seems in your post), the ones fans don't like too much.

-----

I think I pointed before that the question was something like 'what have you been listening to lately'. He replied that when driving his daughter to school, a Justin Bieber song was always on the radio.

edit: well, lol. 'talks of Justin Bieber'

Seven

"and review sites seem to give higher scores to these bands' recent albums (as it seems in your post), the ones fans don't like too "

Haha

BewareTheWater

I really do wish they gave more of a fuck about making their music videos....

I remember hearing it's because they have to " pretend to play " ? Why not just actually fuckin' play, then ??? Or stick to the Tool style of things and just have a video made where y'all aren't even in the fuckin' thing ( they've done videos in the past where they haven't appeared before, so maybe they'd benefit from a better video director or something )