Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snw9

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 13, 2017, 07:34 PM
Because blame Chino for everything, right? Let's not act like Stephen hasn't thrown down his share of weak and uninspired riffs on the last few albums.

So much room for growth in Steph's department. I feel like he isn't realizing the full potential of the 8 string as he tried to on Diamond Eyes.
Code: [Select]

The Prodigy

So many stuff! What's wrong with u Deftones!

O

Quote from: guarnoplo on Mar 14, 2017, 12:36 AM
whoa!

The Prodigy came in peace :v

-----

, and review sites seem to give higher scores to these bands' recent albums (as it seems in your post), the ones fans don't like too much.

Because he's a troll he doesn't have to think, He talks like a moron.. only fools believes in metacritic...

Search about it... Metacritic is corrupt
One of many

"Ive written a decent number of video game reviews on metacritic.

I went to review wargame: airland battle, and noticed that of the 5-6 reviews on launch day, they were all 10s written by users who had only 1 review. This is a tell-tale sign of fake users, either marketing hacks or the developers.

So I wrote a 0 review and pointed out the fake reviews.

Metacritic deleted my review without comment.

So I wrote a new review pointing out the fake 10 reviews, and ALSO giving an actual review of the game, pointing out that is is basically the same as a prior game, just renamed with minor changes being sold for full price.

Metacritic not only deleted my review, but also deleted ALL my reviews and banned me from writing any new reviews.

Metacritic never sent me an email or anything, it just did it.

The fact that Metacritic just deletes negative reviews without comment, when Metacritic has NO USER REVIEW RULES/POLICY, shows that Metacritic is deleting negative user reviews for the benefit of the developers/publishers, even legitimate ones. The site terms of use links to a generic CBS terms of use web site which says nothing about user content other than generic stuff that I clearly didn't violate.

There is no rule at Metacritic that a user review can't reference other reviews. There is no rule that says that criticizing other reviews is disallowed. Metacritic has no incentive to delete reviews like mine unless they are getting paid off by the developer/publisher to do so. They know they couldn't get away with this when it comes to professional reviews."

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: guarnoplo on Mar 14, 2017, 12:36 AM
hey,    illthrowROCKS@U, so do you kind of agree with melonhead on the score he gave Gore? Regardless, how do you feel about this album? We've had mixed opinions here about it, and review sites seem to give higher scores to these bands' recent albums (as it seems in your post), the ones fans don't like too much.

I'm okay with it. I enjoy it much more than I enjoy Koi No Yokan or Diamond Eyes. But, when compared to what I consider their best work (White Pony, Self Titled, Saturday Night Wrist), I would call it a definite drop off. I'm happy they didn't go the DE/KNY route again, though.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: O on Mar 14, 2017, 09:28 PM
Because he's a troll he doesn't have to think, He talks like a moron.. only fools believes in metacritic...

Search about it... Metacritic is corrupt
One of many

"Ive written a decent number of video game reviews on metacritic.

I went to review wargame: airland battle, and noticed that of the 5-6 reviews on launch day, they were all 10s written by users who had only 1 review. This is a tell-tale sign of fake users, either marketing hacks or the developers.

So I wrote a 0 review and pointed out the fake reviews.

Metacritic deleted my review without comment.

So I wrote a new review pointing out the fake 10 reviews, and ALSO giving an actual review of the game, pointing out that is is basically the same as a prior game, just renamed with minor changes being sold for full price.

Metacritic not only deleted my review, but also deleted ALL my reviews and banned me from writing any new reviews.

Metacritic never sent me an email or anything, it just did it.

The fact that Metacritic just deletes negative reviews without comment, when Metacritic has NO USER REVIEW RULES/POLICY, shows that Metacritic is deleting negative user reviews for the benefit of the developers/publishers, even legitimate ones. The site terms of use links to a generic CBS terms of use web site which says nothing about user content other than generic stuff that I clearly didn't violate.

There is no rule at Metacritic that a user review can't reference other reviews. There is no rule that says that criticizing other reviews is disallowed. Metacritic has no incentive to delete reviews like mine unless they are getting paid off by the developer/publisher to do so. They know they couldn't get away with this when it comes to professional reviews."

Right, right, go with the whole "he's a troll" angle again. Maybe everyone will forget the past 2 pages of you being made a complete fool.

Here's where you got your "proof." It's a forum called "dslreports.com," and it's a random user's post from 2013.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28343685-Metacritic-is-corrupt

Quick, stop the presses! Kaltes from dslreports.com has uncovered a sinister Metacritic plot!

Hey, dimwit, just curious. If Metacritic deletes negative reviews, don't you think it would delete negative reviews from both Deftones and LP, LB, and Korn? Oh, hey, dimwit, don't you think those bands have had more marketing money put behind them? Oh hey, buddy, think this through for a moment. Think it aaaaaaall the way through (I know it hurts). If Metacritic was skewing reviews to benefit certain bands over others, don't ya think they would have skewed Linkin Park's first? I mean, they're the one with the most marketing behind them, right? They're the "big money" band out of all these, right? I guess Metacritic isn't trying hard enough :(

But yeah.. Even if somehow Metacritic skewed the USER reviews towards Deftones for some unknown unexplained reason (they must just be Deftones fanboys, right?), it doesn't change the CRITICAL review aggregate scores.

Try once more. This time, with feeling.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

Thuth be told...If you Believe metacritic is legit! You are a fool! And maybe everyone will forget the past pages of you being made a complete fool.

illthrowROCKS@U

And yet, despite your assertion that Metacritic is corrupt, you have yet to explain why it would be corrupt in favor of Deftones. Each of those other bands has sold more records than Deftones, yes? You pointed this out. Each of those bands is more "mainstream" than Deftones, yes? Each of those bands has or had more marketing dollars behind them, yes? So why, oh why, would Metacritic skew User reviews towards Deftones?

You're grasping at straws again. If you can't follow through with a thought, reasonably and logically, you have no business making one.

Your sentence is really no different than the old Elementary School defense, "I'm rubber you're glue..." Get a new gimmick, buddy, because this one is tired.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

Yes some are in a list of the world's best-selling albums of recorded music.
" those bands is more "mainstream" than Deftones, yes?"
Some of them, Linkin Park... Limp Bizkit, no. Each of those bands has or had more marketing dollars behind them, yes?
Probably some of them, others not. I've never said it...Now, Who has more fans... No doubt... So by logic yeah I'm right... By many sites has been given those bands good scores! and yeah, metacritic has many people saying is corrupt...so...

illthrowROCKS@U

Wait... how are you right by "logic?" Do you even know what logic is?!

The scores are higher for Deftones from a critical and from a fan perspective on all of the sites I gave you.

Give me ONE, just ONE SINGLE aggregate music site which has user ratings higher for Korn or Limp Bizkit than Deftones. Just ONE.

Just. Give. Me. One.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

Ok. Wait.

The Prodigy

The Google put the same sites as you in the first place...so, during the weekend I will search about it...By logic, I mean social media is trash = your source. basically in everything the other bands are better. So by association! get it? Example: Im typing on google: ranker vote for eveything
See: Best Nu Metal Bands
http://m.ranker.com/list/nu-metal-bands-and-musicians/reference
https://www.thetoptens.com/best-nu-metal-bands/

Sicario

One could argue that this post belongs in the other music section but I feel it is relevant here so please bear with me. When Gore first released people seemed to be mentioning how the album was mixed. Mostly the reactions were negative. I knew what people meant but couldn't peg what it meant exactly or what I'd change. Well, recently Incubus released a song called Nimble Bastard. They re-released the song and released it on Spotify/iTunes yesterday. If you've got a moment and like Incubus, check the two versions out. Two different songs basically due to the mix. I like things from both versions but wanted to share a clear example of mix differences.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 17, 2017, 12:40 PM
The Google put the same sites as you in the first place...so, during the weekend I will search about it...By logic, I mean social media is trash = your source. basically in everything the other bands are better. So by association! get it? Example: Im typing on google: ranker vote for eveything

Deftones hasn't been Nu Metal in over 15 years... I do give you some props on actually finding 2 that have Korn above Deftones. Although, both still have Deftones above Limp Bizkit, and one has Deftones above Linkin Park.

But I would like to ask you, what makes these pages you linked to any less "social media" than sputnik music, or metacritic, or besteveralbums?

Also, sorry but Metacritic and Sputnik > thetoptens.com...

I do commend you on actually finding 2 websites, though.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Inkblades

I agree with these lists, Korn is definitely more nu-metal than Deftones.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 17, 2017, 09:29 PM

+1

And thank god for that.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

defTHE1s

Going back to Gore, did anyone noticed that Acid Hologram on the early leak finishes before than the final song on the album? Didn't the leak came from an actual album that was owned by someone before release date?

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

BewareTheWater

Well, they were kinda the originators of nu metal in the first place....

The Prodigy

Quote from: BewareTheWater on Mar 17, 2017, 11:20 PM

Well, they were kinda the originators of nu metal in the first place....

Wait... illthrowROCKS@U said Deftones! Hahaha
m.ranker.com Ranker goes far beyond Top 10 lists with deep rankings about everything, voted on by everyone. Make lists, add your votes, and it's not controled by admins with agendas! See the reclamations of that guy about metacritic as example. One of many...

illthrowROCKS@U

Lets recap.

5 total user review sites have been presented:
Metaritic
Sputnik Music
Besteveralbums
Ranker
Thetoptens

5/5 of the sites place Deftones above Limp Bizkit
3/5 of the sites place Deftones ahead of Linkin Park
3/5 of the sites place Deftones ahead of Korn

And here you are, dancing a jig.

Then there's of course the critical reviews, which also all favor Deftones. So yeah. Go ahead and celebrate.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

boogabear123

So many people are on this forum just spewing bullshit man, like if I dislike something Deftones did I'd wanna discuss it with open minded people. Not bringing up review sites thoughts on the matter, it's about how we feel about a band I am sure we all love, I mean why are you here? Don't gotta get all technical with scores and repeat what other 'bigger critics' have said about Deftones. You don't gotta be like "It's shit cause it just is"...Why is it shit then? How do you feel about it?

I really enjoyed Gore, definently one of my favorites by them, I can groove to it real easy. Anybody have their own opinion on it that you think I should hear? Let's talk then.