Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luisch

https://www.facebook.com/boneyardbeer/posts/10153573215533649

"Deftones stopped by the brewery for a photo shoot and ended the night drinking from the shot-ski! ‪#‎success‬"
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

White Wrist

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Feb 01, 2016, 01:22 PM
Honestly not sure If I'll listen to the single before the album drops. I know this concept has been talked to death, but having a song or two that I already know can be kind of jarring when trying to listen to a new album for the first time. Not sure why, but it takes me out of the experience a bit.
this!

i did that with SNW..and ruined all the experience.

After that, DE and KNY only with the CD in my stereo.

ANattyRat

Honestly not sure If I'll listen to the single before the album drops. I know this concept has been talked to death, but having a song or two that I already know can be kind of jarring when trying to listen to a new album for the first time. Not sure why, but it takes me out of the experience a bit.

I get what you mean, I like listening to the album all the way through, letting the music grow on me. Hearing a song or two before that means you've probably overplayed it, so you want to skip that song to make way for the other songs. But honestly, I don't have the patience to not listen to new music the second it's available, haha.

Capt Snow

Steph rocking that Trump hoodie.

BUILD WALL
U
I
L
D

W
A
L
L

LG95

I know what you mean. I've tried not to listen to the clip that much for that very reason. Once the first song comes out, I'll probably listen to it a few times and then try and avoid everything Deftones, even online discussion, until the album actually comes out. I want as few preconceptions as possible going into it, including listening to the album having already bored myself of one of the songs.
I could float here forever

Freedomsoldier17

Bifrost

Quote from: White Wrist on Feb 01, 2016, 01:47 PM
this!

i did that with SNW..and ruined all the experience.

After that, DE and KNY only with the CD in my stereo.

totally wish I could do this but I lack the self control LOL

maybe if they actually released AN ALBUM ON TIME! LOL - like when they say Oct it comes out in Oct, I could wait but when the release the date constantly gets pushed back by the time it comes out I am over it and just want to hear it already.

therealdaebat

I love full albums. Single songs don't really do it for me so I'll give the single one or two listens and then hold off for the album. It' always ruins it for me if I know a song before I hear the whole album.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

greGORErio

manger vos coeurs sur son entrée...Au Revoir.

Knucklestones

I just uploaded the snippets and I'm surprised they haven't been taken down yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuBXlfYsfDs

mono

Reichward

Quote from: greGORErio on Feb 01, 2016, 08:06 PM
manger vos coeurs sur son entrée...Au Revoir.
Putin, c'est pas toujours efficace, google traduction.

iceeslunk

Reichward

It says something like "Eating your hearts upon his/its arrival... Goodbye." Just more cryptic teasing I guess.

iceeslunk

nah just an american with a very limited grasp of spanish :)

NYRexall

+1

I hold out from listening to anything when it's an album I anticipate like this. I have fond memories of sitting back and reading everybody else weighing in on DE and KNY when they leaked prior to their street date. Looking forward to the same thing with this album

sooniletugo

But what if you get hit by a bus before the album comes out, and in your dying moments, you think to yourself "Dang, should've listened to Prayers/Triangles when I had the chance"