Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

hi man

sharinglungs

Can someone mirror this teaser as well so we don't lose it? If it's like last week, it's only for about 5 hours.

ANattyRat

Oh my god yes. Very unexpected vocals, but I like it. So far with every bit of information we've had about the album, I've been quite surprised. I think they're definitely running with their desire to experiment and purposely take things in a different direction than they usually would. I'm not getting a dark vibe from this particular clip, but it's just a small teaser of one song out of an entire album. I'm expecting it to have at least elements of darkness, considering what Chino said, and considering the album title.

CarloDefDonno

Quote from: Val on Feb 03, 2016, 06:17 PM
That low end dark bass/synth they keep teasing has me to believe this records going to get dark & violent as it goes on.

Me too.

kitesvera

that shoe gaze sound is coming through quite a bit. Vocals where pretty unexpected but this really sounds different. Fucking stoked. New song should drop tomorrow hopefully.

el perro

Surprisingly I'm not that hyped by this. It's hard to distinguish different parts. It's a massive wall of distortion

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: kitesvera on Feb 03, 2016, 06:25 PM
that shoe gaze sound is coming through quite a bit.

Like the Coldplay-ish guitar sound in the background? lol

nicklav

Knucklestones

I'm trying to look for a stream of Prayers/Triangles and found one that was uploaded, but it's been removed. https://myspace.com/deftones/music/album/prayers-triangles-20789347

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

nicklav

Quote from: el perro on Feb 03, 2016, 06:29 PM
Surprisingly I'm not that hyped by this. It's hard to distinguish different parts. It's a massive wall of distortion

It's a website stream, I wouldn't get too excited about the quality. Wait until the official thing is out.

Val

Quote from: nicklav on Feb 03, 2016, 06:36 PM
Quote from: el perro on Feb 03, 2016, 06:29 PM

It's a website stream, I wouldn't get too excited about the quality. Wait until the official thing is out.

Fuck that. Someone find it!

CarloDefDonno

RaptureWS

One thing that surprises me is that the name of the song is Prayers/Triangles. The names of Deftones songs are very rarely a lyric too. With a name like Prayers/Triangles, I was almost expecting a two-part song, similar to Green Day's Brain Stew/Jaded. The backup vocals are kind of cheesy I admit but other than that I am very impressed and excited :)
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

plagasx

So when should we expect the full song??

sharinglungs

Quote from: Knucklestones on Feb 03, 2016, 06:36 PM
I'm trying to look for a stream of Prayers/Triangles and found one that was uploaded, but it's been removed. https://myspace.com/deftones/music/album/prayers-triangles-20789347

I doubt you'll find one yet.

E-Money

Wonder if that's Sergio doing back up vocals or if they are just layering chino. I think it sounds really neat! Totally different from anything I've ever heard from them. Those guitars just soar. Love Chino coming in with that guitar part over the chorus. Beautiful stuff.

sharinglungs