Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theataraxian

The chord progression for this part is the same -- other than a lead guitar in the background -- as the Teaser #1 clip.

I wonder if someone could take Teasers #1 and #2, line them up and invert the phases to give us a better listen to the vocals/lyrics.
death is the standard breach for a complex prize

cvthedrv

sounds awful, i need the entire album, fuck these teasers.

N0S3BLEED976

Definitely Sergio on background vocals as well

RollerDerby

Sounds more like a Palms track than Deftones.
"Carve your niche."

nineteen

I'm all for this sound and I hope it's a total melody fest.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Slacker on Feb 03, 2016, 07:20 PM
so worldwide debut? tomorrow? bbc?

vintage deftones

Hmmm where you read that?

Deadradio

E-Money

Quote from: RollerDerby on Feb 03, 2016, 07:28 PM
Sounds more like a Palms track than Deftones.
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Feb 03, 2016, 07:26 PM
Definitely Sergio on background vocals as well

Yes I agree. I do think it's him. Loving the sound of chinos voice on this so far. Already so much better than swerve city for an album opener. Thank God!

wheresmysnare

their font on the new album cover is so close to the sunbather font.

i like the track musically i dont really like chino's vocal performance, he sounds laboured but i do actually think the backing vocals are a nice touch and carry it through

im sure the hype train is gonna ramp up with more bits and pieces put on show soon

E-Money

I'm just glad that Steph guitar sounds more like it did in previous years... Less chug on this track . Doesn't sound like an 8 string at all And that I'm thankful for! Hope that continues for the rest of the record !

theataraxian

Quote from: E-Money on Feb 03, 2016, 07:32 PMAlready so much better than swerve city for an album opener. Thank God!

Whaaaaaat

Swerve City is one of the greatest album openers of all time, imo.
death is the standard breach for a complex prize

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: E-Money on Feb 03, 2016, 07:32 PM
Loving the sound of chinos voice on this so far. Already so much better than swerve city for an album opener. Thank God!

Yup. Love how airy, melodic and lush the clip sounds. Makes Swerve City sound laughably dense and amateurish in comparison.

mono

Quote from: E-Money on Feb 03, 2016, 07:35 PM
I'm just glad that Steph guitar sounds more like it did in previous years... Less chug on this track . Doesn't sound like an 8 string at all And that I'm thankful for! Hope that continues for the rest of the record !

this.

Phantasmagoria

nvm.

Hinojos

It sounds great! I'm hyped. To be honest I'm also not a big fan of Sergio's backup vocals in this situation, but who knows maybe it'll grow on me.
Anyways, this is what I hear:

Prayers (Prayers)
Laid on your mind
You will never be saved
You will never be saved
Triangles (Triangles)
Placed in your mind
You will never be saved
You will never be saved
Prayers (Prayers)
Triangles (Triangles)
Prayers (You will never be saved)
You will never be saved

It makes sense that he could also be saying "You could never be SICK", but I can't distinguish it all clearly.

-EDIT-

After blasting it a few hours later I feel like he could also be saying:

Prayers
Played on the line
You will never listen
You will never listen

But given the fact that the song is called "Prayers/Triangles" and later in the song he sings "prayers, triangles", i'm sure it's not "Radio" since it sounds exactly the same haha.

Jesus2Chino

...must...stay strong...must...resist the temptation...
Much respect,
-Matt

thewanderer

Am I supposed to believe she loves me? Then what? This is weird. All she had to do was say it.
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

E-Money

Reichward

Gregorerio gave us the correct lyrics on the previous page. (By now we can all assume that he is directly connected with the band)

Quote from: greGORErio on Feb 03, 2016, 06:52 PM
Prayers laid on your mind to be saved ... You will never be saved ... Triangles placed in your mind you will never be saved you will never be saved

thewanderer

Well they say hell hath no fury..... I'm sorry. I really didn't know.
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........