Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gloomsquadron

Jeez, I go on vacation and stay off Sharing Lungs for a couple weeks and all sorts of activity happens!  I want to hear this song!  None of the links work grrr.

thewanderer

So am I sposed to do something or just fuck off and die?
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

theataraxian

Quote from: thewanderer on Feb 03, 2016, 10:12 PM

You okay, man? What are you talking about?
death is the standard breach for a complex prize

defTHE1s

Quote from: theataraxian on Feb 03, 2016, 10:16 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on Feb 03, 2016, 10:12 PM

You okay, man? What are you talking about?
Wrong chat, me thinks...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

thewanderer

Talking about this whole Ves\Nes parallel weird shit. Whatever. I fucked up and it's too late. I get it. Sorry I offended everyone.  I'll just go then.
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

sharinglungs

Quote from: thewanderer on Feb 03, 2016, 10:22 PM
Talking about this whole Ves\Nes parallel weird shit. Whatever. I fucked up and it's too late. I get it. Sorry I offended everyone.  I'll just go then.

No seriously, you're having a conversation all on your own in this thread with no one but yourself... so we have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

N0S3BLEED976

I can't make out "saved" by any stretch of the imagination. It clearly begins with an "f". Like "You will never be faint"

thewanderer

Just trying to poke some fun at myself I guess. I do that sometimes.

cvthedrv

Quote from: theataraxian on Feb 03, 2016, 09:38 PM
Quote from: E-Money on Feb 03, 2016, 09:32 PMAlready so much better than swerve city for an album opener. Thank God!

Whaaaaaat

Swerve City is one of the greatest album openers of all time, imo.

i dunno, but swerve city is a really good show opener.

Entombed

I can't say that I quite "love" the clip. The vocals are less than impressive, but it's a short clip. Definitely sounds like a change and the music itself is interesting, but I'm not drawn to the vocals.
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.

defTHE1s

So, after this, that pelicans cover is going to be single artworkor album artwork?
I'm up to say it will be for the single.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

sharinglungs

Quote from: defTHE1s on Feb 03, 2016, 10:35 PM
So, after this, that pelicans cover is going to be single artworkor album artwork?

Album artwork. It says the album title right in it... And they're not pelicans, they're Flamingos

gloomsquadron

Quote from: defTHE1s on Feb 03, 2016, 10:35 PM

Pink Pelicans

m1nusblindfoLd

The pink flamingo photo, to me, seems to specifically fit the feel of Prayers/Triangles (that upbeat, happy feel of the music). Picture a music video with Chino walking on the beach with the flamingos flying overheard hahaha.
Of course I haven't heard the entire rest of the song or any of the rest of the album, but I would want to guess that it is the photo for the song/single and not the album.

ANattyRat

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Feb 03, 2016, 10:24 PM
I can't make out "saved" by any stretch of the imagination. It clearly begins with an "f". Like "You will never be faint"

Yeah, I thought it was "You will never be free," it definitely sounds like an F to me. Also the first part sounds like, "Prayers, laid on the line," as opposed to "Laid on your mind," like greGOREio said.

Also am I the only one who thinks it's NOT Sergio doing the background vocals? It does sound like him, but I remember people thinking Sergio was doing background vocals in other songs too, but it wasn't. I think they just sound similar when they sing like that, quite soft.

defTHE1s

lol I don't know what or why I was thinking in Pelicans (maybe because a post or something about the band, Pelican)

And the question was because on the 2nd teaser showed the Prayers/Triangles and not 'Gore'...

Inkblades

I like it musically, but the vocals aren't really doing it for me either. This is nitpicking, but I don't like how Chino howls the word "prayers". It's kind of annoying and, well, a little off key? It is instantly catchy, though. One listen and it was stuck in my head lol.

theataraxian

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 03, 2016, 10:47 PM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Feb 03, 2016, 10:24 PM

Yeah, I thought it was "You will never be free," it definitely sounds like an F to me. Also the first part sounds like, "Prayers, laid on the line," as opposed to "Laid on your mind," like greGOREio said.

Also am I the only one who thinks it's NOT Sergio doing the background vocals? It does sound like him, but I remember people thinking Sergio was doing background vocals in other songs too, but it wasn't. I think they just sound similar when they sing like that, quite soft.

Yep, I'm hearing the same consonant sounds as you. I just don't hear an S there. Definitely an F.

As far as the backing vocals, I'm leaning towards Sergio. Doesn't sound like just Chino to me.
death is the standard breach for a complex prize

Jesus2Chino

Quote from: defTHE1s on Feb 03, 2016, 10:48 PM
lol I don't know what or why I was thinking in Pelicans (maybe because a post or something about the band, Pelican)

And the question was because on the 2nd teaser showed the Prayers/Triangles and not 'Gore'...

I though it was a Scarface reference, lol--he calls flamingos pelicans while watching some documentary in the bath.
Much respect,
-Matt

E-Money

Quote from: cvthedrv on Feb 03, 2016, 10:29 PM
Quote from: theataraxian on Feb 03, 2016, 09:38 PM
Quote from: E-Money on Feb 03, 2016, 09:32 PMAlready so much better than swerve city for an album opener. Thank God!

Whaaaaaat

Swerve City is one of the greatest album openers of all time, imo.

i dunno, but swerve city is a really good show opener.

Just saw them open With it in venture and I still didn't like it. I don't know why I have just never been able to get into that song. To each his own.