Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freedomsoldier17

I love the gentle beginning with the out of nowhere wall of sound, really massive sounding like Minerva and Leathers.

Inkblades

That opening riff is soooooo new wave. Blissed out. Fuckin' 80's style.

N0S3BLEED976

The chord progression is pretty melancholic sounding, especially the last one. Like it.

On another note, that cover art is definitely going to be fodder for the haters on the internet.
Probably goes like this: "there ya haveit folks, deftones are gay ass shit band, they have fucken flamingoes on theyre album lel, chino suck my ass"

luisch

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jan 28, 2016, 12:28 AM
Seems like 8 parts are left. They'll probably upload one part a day on instagram. So 8 days until the full album art reveal and first single, I guess

This
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Shadow46/2

The same people who hated on the Sunbather album art probably. "Pink? This shit ain't metal lol gay"

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

mono

Quote from: luisch on Jan 28, 2016, 01:35 AM
Seems like 8 parts are left. They'll probably upload one part a day on instagram. So 8 days until the full album art reveal and first single, I guess
This

So, the last part will be the gore in the middle...according to the shazam's cover

nicklav

therealdaebat

---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Jan 28, 2016, 01:52 AM
The same people who hated on the Sunbather album art probably. "Pink? This shit ain't metal lol gay"

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Exactly. The cover art for Gore instantly reminded me of Sunbather, actually. I dig it when bands use unconventional color palettes or motives for their respective genre

RaptureWS

Quote from: luisch on Jan 28, 2016, 01:35 AM

This

I hope you are wrong (though I suspect you are correct) because I don't want to wait 9 days for a new track. Then again, it would be funny if they posted a "piece" each day implying that we need to put the pieces together to see the entire image when in reality.....it's just a bunch of flamingos lol. If that was the plan I bet they aren't happy the entire image was already found on Shazam. Kind of ruins the joke.....

Much less likely, but it would be kind of neat if they released a clip from a different part of the single each day. It's not a stretch to think something different will be posted tomorrow or in the coming days considering they already removed the preview from Youtube and the website. I could live with that.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Teknoman

Quote from: therealdaebat on Jan 28, 2016, 02:34 AM
mirror: https://vid.me/Q9g0

It's beautiful man, my favorite band is finally releasing something new after almost 4 years :')

I make music too

snw9

Quote from: therealdaebat on Jan 28, 2016, 02:34 AM
mirror: https://vid.me/Q9g0

Thank you for sharing this! Loved that little riff

P.S. Could we have a MOD sticky/pin this thread?
Code: [Select]

thewanderer

Wer Wer W-w-werd W-w-w-werd second that and a third.
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

Rickety Cricket

And I'm sure "Mr. Vesanique" already hates the song based on 30 seconds.  Probably the entire album

nicklav

Quote from: Rickety Cricket on Jan 28, 2016, 06:36 AM
And I'm sure "Mr. Vesanique" already hates the song based on 30 seconds.  Probably the entire album

Stop.

RaptureWS

Quote from: nicklav on Jan 28, 2016, 06:42 AM

Stop.

Quoting Mr. Vesanique regarding the clip....."Production sounds better than Nick's on this. S'all I can really say I guess".

Doesn't seem like he is that impressed :( I truly hope he digs the new album though. He has done so much for the Deftones community for such a long time and it would be nice to see him be rewarded (for lack of a better word) with an album he really enjoys.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

TheyCallMeP

Quote from: RaptureWS on Jan 28, 2016, 06:59 AM

Stop.

Quoting Mr. Vesanique regarding the clip....."Production sounds better than Nick's on this. S'all I can really say I guess".

Doesn't seem like he is that impressed :( I truly hope he digs the new album though. He has done so much for the Deftones community for such a long time and it would be nice to see him be rewarded (for lack of a better word) with an album he really enjoys.

Nawww, it all about me, me, me!

All joking aside, they sound like they up'd the weird factor. Its awesome!

TheyCallMeP

Also when Leathers came out, all I could think of is they've done this before. Conceptually it was identical to Around the Fur (Looks pretty, but its ugly. Shedding your skin. Clothing metaphors). This at least sounds fresh!

E-Money

Please stop with that. He's done more for this community than all of us put together.

nicklav

Quote from: RaptureWS on Jan 28, 2016, 06:59 AM

Stop.

Also possible that he doesn't want to make any claims off a 30 second clip. Oh well, either way that comment I quoted was uncalled for.