Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANattyRat

Quote from: RaptureWS on Jan 28, 2016, 06:59 AM
Quote from: nicklav on Jan 28, 2016, 06:42 AM
Quote from: Rickety Cricket on Jan 28, 2016, 06:36 AM
And I'm sure "Mr. Vesanique" already hates the song based on 30 seconds.  Probably the entire album

Stop.

Quoting Mr. Vesanique regarding the clip....."Production sounds better than Nick's on this. S'all I can really say I guess".

Doesn't seem like he is that impressed :( I truly hope he digs the new album though. He has done so much for the Deftones community for such a long time and it would be nice to see him be rewarded (for lack of a better word) with an album he really enjoys.

It's 30 seconds long, man. It's hard to form an opinion on such a short clip of a song.

NYRexall

Is there a confirmed tracklisting yet? It's not that believed-to-be bogus one from a couple of days back, is it?

Reichward

It could be. We at least know that Prayers/triangles is the teaser according to Shazam.

NYRexall

I think that tracklisting only had 10 songs on it, or something? They recorded 16 during the recording sessions, I thought. If ever there was a time for a deluxe edition Deftones album, this would be it..

ANattyRat

Quote from: NYRexall on Jan 28, 2016, 08:44 AM
I think that tracklisting only had 10 songs on it, or something? They recorded 16 during the recording sessions, I thought. If ever there was a time for a deluxe edition Deftones album, this would be it..

There were at least 11 songs, but the eleventh was partially cut off from the screenshot. Might be 11, might be 12, who knows? I do think the tracklist is legit, at least in the sense that they're working titles. Have they renamed some of them? Maybe. But I'm sure if the album title was right, the tracklist is too.

Far away

thewanderer

The DE Flamingowl is great but I'm still stuck on this one ;)
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

Rickety Cricket

Quote from: nicklav on Jan 28, 2016, 07:39 AM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Jan 28, 2016, 06:59 AM
Quote from: nicklav on Jan 28, 2016, 06:42 AM
And I'm sure "Mr. Vesanique" already hates the song based on 30 seconds.  Probably the entire album

Stop.

Quoting Mr. Vesanique regarding the clip....."Production sounds better than Nick's on this. S'all I can really say I guess".

Doesn't seem like he is that impressed :( I truly hope he digs the new album though. He has done so much for the Deftones community for such a long time and it would be nice to see him be rewarded (for lack of a better word) with an album he really enjoys.

Also possible that he doesn't want to make any claims off a 30 second clip. Oh well, either way that comment I quoted was uncalled for.
Sorry, but I could care less about any of Vesanique's so called contributions to Deftones.  Deftones don't need him, or any his fanboys.   The new stuff is arguably the best stuff they've done, but guess what, it's an opinion.  Vesanique is a entitled pre-Madonna that bans anyone who calls who him out.  See ya on YouTube where I put you in your place....again.  We know you're banning this account just like some other real "fans"

Penicks

Quote from: Rickety Cricket on Jan 28, 2016, 09:09 AM
The new stuff is arguably the best stuff they've done, but guess what, it's an opinion. 

it's a shitty opinion tho m8 bruv

nicklav

Yeah, nothing he said makes any sense. Who starts an account to talk shit on a user anyway?

Vesanic

Who knows. Your mother probably hated you when you weren't even fully formed

Inkblades

Quote from: Rickety Cricket on Jan 28, 2016, 09:09 AM
The new stuff is arguably the best stuff they've done

You gathered that from that short ass clip? Or are you talking about DE and KNY?

Martin

snw9

Quote from: MrVesanique on Jan 28, 2016, 11:07 AM
Please don't start bringing up my opinions like they actually matter. I know it's going to happen, when Koi No Yokan dropped my existence on this board became hell on the grill. I'm a fan like any other, except I collect their concerts and analyze their live process to the bone. I mildly enjoyed DE, didn't like KNY, but I never, ever said they were weak pieces of music. Won't bother with anyone who can't understand that. Deftones don't owe anything to me, the contributions were made out of a music analyzing hobby, which I don't do only for Deftones anymore. And if they ever owed me anything, they made it up by playing Combat and The Boy's Republic for us in Amsterdam.

Getting them to play Combat was a dream come true for anyone who loves SNW and that song. Never know if they'll ever do it again!

Thanks for that Vesanic
Code: [Select]

ANattyRat

Quote from: snw9 on Jan 28, 2016, 12:34 PM
Please don't start bringing up my opinions like they actually matter. I know it's going to happen, when Koi No Yokan dropped my existence on this board became hell on the grill. I'm a fan like any other, except I collect their concerts and analyze their live process to the bone. I mildly enjoyed DE, didn't like KNY, but I never, ever said they were weak pieces of music. Won't bother with anyone who can't understand that. Deftones don't owe anything to me, the contributions were made out of a music analyzing hobby, which I don't do only for Deftones anymore. And if they ever owed me anything, they made it up by playing Combat and The Boy's Republic for us in Amsterdam.

Getting them to play Combat was a dream come true for anyone who loves SNW and that song. Never know if they'll ever do it again!

Thanks for that Vesanic

I hope they do. I remember Abe saying once the new album is out, they'll be playing not just new songs, but they want to switch up the setlist more and play different songs. I hope to god they do that, but I'm skeptical.

Alectwin

I'm really excited about the upcoming album, but this sample it's nothing particular.

It's a flat riff like a bilion...

snw9

Quote from: ANattyRat on Jan 28, 2016, 12:52 PM

Thanks for that Vesanic

I hope they do. I remember Abe saying once the new album is out, they'll be playing not just new songs, but they want to switch up the setlist more and play different songs. I hope to god they do that, but I'm skeptical.

I noticed the setlist isn't very mixed with a lot of core songs, its mostly the hits (which is fine) however some real diversity would be spectacular. Maybe because I watched most of the big festival shows where they tend to play less core songs.
Code: [Select]

therealdaebat

Thanks for that Vesanic

Forgive my ignorance but did they play Combat for Ves? I remember the pink maggit debacle but I never saw the combat stuff.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Yossarian

exactly this! after all, listening to mediocre Deftones album is like sleeping with mediocre top model
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Vesanic

Quote from: therealdaebat on Jan 28, 2016, 03:41 PM

Thanks for that Vesanic

Forgive my ignorance but did they play Combat for Ves? I remember the pink maggit debacle but I never saw the combat stuff.

When the Amsterdam show was about to happen, a couple of people here including me started an online campaign to get them to change the setlist. We asked people to retweet the requests to the members' twitters. Before the show, they posted "So what do you want to hear tonight" or something like that, which they never do. Once at the venue, we got to talk to Chino and we discussed a whole range of their songs in different perspectives, which was really cool, he was really up front and open.

Eventually, they blasted Combat out of the blue. After the song, Chino said "We played this because the fans said it would be cool" or something, that part was caught on camera but the guy I know never uploaded it. Chino then said "That's what they said", saw me in the first row and ironically asked "Is it okay with you if we play a song from White Pony?", and proceeded into screaming Elite. That bit can be watched here :

! No longer available