Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VictorPL

anybody point out yet that doomed user is a team sleep demo? one of my favorite ones actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyr1KuR1kh4

ANattyRat

Quote from: VictorPL on Feb 08, 2016, 09:00 PM
anybody point out yet that doomed user is a team sleep demo? one of my favorite ones actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyr1KuR1kh4

Yep. I guess it could be like Teenager where it ends up on the Deftones album anyway, but I doubt it. I think it'll be like You've Seen the Butcher. Same name but completely different song. Then again, it does have a dark, moody vibe that fits well with what Gore seems to be.

NYRexall

Would be very surprised if TS Doomed User sounds anything like Gore's Doomed User

E-Money

Yea I'm sure it's like butcher. A completely different track and chino just liked the title. I hope there's a couple of softer songs on the record too. Sounds like hearts / wires could be one of those. And of course let's have a a couple of heavy ones as well ! :)

laurapalmer

Someone on Reddit said the Cantrell track is definitely Phantom Bride and it's being remixed in prep as the radio single

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: laurapalmer on Feb 09, 2016, 05:38 AM
Someone on Reddit said the Cantrell track is definitely Phantom Bride and it's being remixed in prep as the radio single

can you link us the post

laurapalmer

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Feb 09, 2016, 05:55 AM
Quote from: laurapalmer on Feb 09, 2016, 05:38 AM

can you link us the post

https://www.reddit.com/r/deftones/comments/44nsdo/preview_of_the_collaboration_from_gore_with_jerry/

Obviously should be taken with a grain of salt

Freedomsoldier17

thx

also noticing hearts/wires title has been changed to "hearts and wires" on the WB page

http://deftones.warnerbrosrecords.com/gore-cd.html

NYRexall

It makes sense. The radio remix is probably just an edit, since the track is allegedly over seven minutes long

Have Deftones ever released two singles back to back that started with the same letter before?

ANattyRat

Does that mean we won't get to hear the full song of Phantom Bride until the album drops? Just a shorter version? Assuming what the guy says is true, of course.

Reichward

Maybe they'll release the full song on Youtube while the radio version only goes to the radio. We can just hope.

greGORErio

And the crowd goes wild...and the crowd goes wild -Jeep

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: greGORErio on Feb 09, 2016, 10:47 PM

i get this hint. so last friday i was walking around town and noticed the word "rubicon" on a jeep and i was like hehe deftones. this isn't an actual picture of the car, just something i found on google images as to what the car looked like:

so my guess is maybe its a song lyric? idk i'm not the best speculator.

mono

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Feb 09, 2016, 10:56 PM

i get this hint. so last friday i was walking around town and noticed the word "rubicon" on a jeep and i was like hehe deftones. this isn't an actual picture of the car, just something i found on google images as to what the car looked like:

maybe a tribute to the jeep's? haha fuck the waiting is killing me

xbloodycape

Quote from: illmono on Feb 09, 2016, 11:03 PM

i get this hint. so last friday i was walking around town and noticed the word "rubicon" on a jeep and i was like hehe deftones. this isn't an actual picture of the car, just something i found on google images as to what the car looked like: -removed-

His original post was

"And the crowd goes wild...and the crowd goes wild -Rubi"

sorry Gregorerio, I saw it

deftoner664

http://youtu.be/Rqj4vPDyVSI
This Stephen interview on gear was interesting, and I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about more. Stephen said that Chino and Sergio put the most effort on Gore. Stephen said he's been in such a gear trap since getting the Axe FX trying to get his tones right that he's put little effort towards improving his playing. This explains his simple, straight forward riffs on Koi No Yokan and its also pretty basic what he's playing in Prayers/Triangles.

So I'm going to say that Stephen followed the same pattern as KNY on Gore and did not push the envelope. I can't wait for the record after Gore to hear how Stephen will improve his playing in the coming years. Chino for sure has been out doing Stephen on guitar musically. I think Rosemary was great because of Chinos guitar parts on Koi. On Prayers/Triangles his playing sounds inspired and interesting too in the verse/intro with that reverb/delayed guitar.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

ANattyRat

Quote from: xbloodycape on Feb 09, 2016, 11:28 PM

i get this hint. so last friday i was walking around town and noticed the word "rubicon" on a jeep and i was like hehe deftones. this isn't an actual picture of the car, just something i found on google images as to what the car looked like: -removed-

His original post was

Interesting if they're lyrics to Rubicon, since they're also lyrics to Hexagram. He also repeats "Beware" in Prayers/Triangles. Obviously beware is just a word, so probably a coincidence, but pretty cool.

sharinglungs

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 09, 2016, 11:56 PM

His original post was

Interesting if they're lyrics to Rubicon, since they're also lyrics to Hexagram. He also repeats "Beware" in Prayers/Triangles. Obviously beware is just a word, so probably a coincidence, but pretty cool.

I highly doubt that they're lyrics in Rubicon, and it seems clear that this GreGORErio fellow is just trolling us at this point.

greGORErio

It is what it is...

ANattyRat

Quote from: sharinglungs on Feb 10, 2016, 12:34 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 09, 2016, 11:56 PM

His original post was

I highly doubt that they're lyrics in Rubicon, and it seems clear that this GreGORErio fellow is just trolling us at this point.

Really? I thought he had the flamingo pic up before anyone ever knew that was the cover? And someone said he was a friend of the band. Ah well, guess we'll see.