Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephtones

Quote from: Red Pill on Feb 04, 2017, 11:25 AM
Quote from: stephtones on Jan 31, 2017, 10:42 PM
Quote from: musteatbrains on Jan 31, 2017, 02:15 PM
...and sell some outrageously-priced yet also uninspired merchandise. 

Let's just put a white pony logo on anything and everything. They'll buy it.

True story 2!

Now ..
Revisiting Gore líke...

! No longer available

pelican fly

Seven

or this one!
Quote from: people are people on Jan 23, 2017, 12:55 AM
Quote from: Red Pill on Jan 15, 2017, 02:12 AM
Quote from: stephtones on Jan 03, 2017, 08:32 AM
Quote from: Fred Bob on Dec 29, 2016, 01:05 PM
Then Stef is vocal about his input or lack thereof and how his band has moved away from him, hinting that dynamic chemistry that has helped create this special sound between members may have run its course. I always saw the response to this as damage control and once I heard the album felt that was exactly that. This was furthered by news of delayed release dates and issues with mixing, allegedly bringing back Terry Date to mix only to discard it and go with something in between.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbVsw6MefOQ&t

Clip from recent interview with Stef where he mentions having "no one to count on for practically anything" as a support system mixed with "making the most of it" when recording the album gave me bad vibes. I tend to agree with his "please, let's not be in a rush" attitude to them putting out another Deftones record. Gore is easily my least favorite album they've released.

pony_01

Quote from: defTHE1s on Jan 30, 2017, 06:14 PM
Quote from: Penicks on Jan 24, 2017, 08:36 PM
KING KONG

GET SOME

I PROMISE

TO WATCH AND RAISE YOUR BABIES
That's maybe one of the reasons I love the instrumental versions of this two albums. Musically they're really good gold.

do you guys doesnt even apprecitate how hard it is to raise somebody else's kids

E-Money

I still love how that chorus comes out of nowhere on Rubicon. That first verse leading into the chorus is just killer. Ill always love this band.

Seven

Rubicon , that's whack!

stephtones

the more lyrics we rehash, the crowd goes wild....
goes wildd........

The Prodigy

It's the same old song!

boogabear123

Lol, Chino has been rehashing lyrics ever since Like Linus. It's nothing new. So with that being said, I really liked Gore.

The Prodigy

Quote from: musteatbrains on Jan 31, 2017, 02:15 PM
For me, Gore marks a low point in the Deftones career, and I'm not sure if they'll ever bounce back from it.  It sounds like a band trying to do their best Deftones impression between the music and lyrics.  Some songs like Gore and Doomed User are heavy for the sake of being heavy, but in the end not very compelling between bland riffs, strained vocals, and uninspired lyrics.  The whole album in fact is filled with pedestrian lyrics that ultimately say nothing and come off either forced or insipid.  Chino's faltering voice does nothing to push their immediacy either.  It appears the sedentary, unencumbered life, while making for a happier existence for the band, also makes for a boring performance that serves as merely the fulfillment of a servant obligation enabling the band to tour, get some press, and sell some outrageously-priced yet also uninspired merchandise.  It's a sad state of affairs, but after almost 30 years it's also not that much of a shocker.

IN WAVES

You wanna know what it's like?! Then, watch this!
You wanted this. Welcome to my world!

I am happy with all their lyrical choices.  From Like Linus to Gore.

O

Diamond Eyes, Koi no Yokan and Gore = medíocre!

rainnyx4

Nearly a year out, Gore is still probably their worst in my opinion (though S/T is also pretty bad and I can't decide which one is worse overall). After how great KNY was, this was incredibly disappointing.

nicklav

S/T mediocre... Bite your tongue!

Seven

S/T = mediocre, for sure!

rainnyx4

I've said it a million times, S/T has a couple of their best songs (Anniversary and WGTB) but overall it's an incredibly lazy and uninspired album. Didn't help that it came out after their best work.

stephtones

I like some tracks off S/T better than the entirety of Gore. Generally people who didn't like S/T wanted another White Pony album and those who didn't like SNW wanted more of the same. I have to agree with the person before who mentioned Gore was the first time "It sounds like a band trying to do their best Deftones impression between the music and lyrics."

I also enjoyed DE and KNY, even if not as much as when Chi was writing with the band, as I felt he added way more to their sound. Sergio seems like a nice guy but Quicksand was always forgettable to me.

Inkblades

S/T is their third best album after WP and ATF. Gore is in SNW territory, meaning that it has some excellent songwriting but production problems (but it's also a more cohesive album than SNW). Koi is their worst album. It's overly-produced style with minimal substance. But being that it's a Deftones album, it's still pretty good. None of this is opinion. This is all 100% Deftones fact. 

illthrowROCKS@U

S/T is unquestionably my favorite Deftones album. It's not even a close contest.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Seven

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 17, 2017, 09:43 PM
S/T is their third best album after WP and ATF. Gore is in SNW territory, meaning that it has some excellent songwriting but production problems (but it's also a more cohesive album than SNW). Koi is their worst album. It's overly-produced style with minimal substance. But being that it's a Deftones album, it's still pretty good. None of this is opinion. This is all 100% Deftones fact.

Consider the source...Band members ? Fans? S/T = lame