Sputnik Music
Besteveralbums
Ranker
Thetoptens

5/5 of the sites place Deftones above Limp Bizkit
3/5 of the sites place Deftones ahead of Linkin Park
3/5 of the sites place Deftones ahead of Korn

And here you are, dancing a jig.

Then there's of course the critical reviews, which also all favor Deftones. So yeah. Go ahead and celebrate.

He still talks about metacritic hahaha! Troll
Quote from: boogabear123 on Mar 19, 2017, 11:30 AM
So many people are on this forum just spewing bullshit man, like if I dislike something Deftones did I'd wanna discuss it with open minded people. Not bringing up review sites thoughts on the matter, it's about how we feel about a band I am sure we all love, I mean why are you here? Don't gotta get all technical with scores and repeat what other 'bigger critics' have said about Deftones. You don't gotta be like "It's shit cause it just is"...Why is it shit then? How do you feel about it?

Clap Clap

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: O on Mar 19, 2017, 12:37 PM
He still talks about metacritic hahaha! Troll

Present a reasoned argument that would allow one to believe that Metacritic would skew reviews in favor of Deftones, please.

So far, nobody's been able to do that.

So far, what I've got is a dubious reference that suggests Metacritic skews reviews towards those with higher marketing dollars. Wouldn't that be skewing reviews in favor of bands like Linkin Park and Korn over Deftones? Hmmm.....

Edit: -whispers- Psssssssst, and even if you remove the Metacritic reference the results still favor Deftones. You might wanna rethink your argument.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

Nonsense...
Deftones were the originators of nu metal in the first place.... by you...
Then social media crap...
Why the fuck are you always saying... explain this and that... And you dont explain your nonsense!

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 19, 2017, 09:14 PM
Nonsense...
Deftones were the originators of nu metal in the first place.... by you...
Then social media crap...
Why the fuck are you always saying... explain this and that... And you dont explain your nonsense!

You talk about "social media crap."

These sites are literally just people voting for what they think is best. That's what we're talking about here, right? What the general consensus is? This would be the literal determination of that. I don't know how to make this any more clear. You can't say that Limp Bizkit is more well liked than Deftones, but then say very literal physical embodiment of what is more liked is not sufficient evidence to determine if this statement is true or not.

I'm asking for you to explain why Metacritic would possibly skew results in favor of Deftones because THAT WAS YOUR ARGUMENT. You said Metacritic is not a credible source because they skew results, but WHY would they skew towards Deftones, you have yet to explain. No you don't just get to make shit up and say it supports your argument without some logical reason behind it.

Here's two more user review sites that place Deftones ahead of Korn, Limp Bizkit, and Linkin Park, by the way.
http://www.allmusic.com/
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/

I just don't understand why this is even an argument. The evidence is clear. You assumed because you thought a certain way that the majority of people must also think that way. It's normal and natural for human beings to assume this, and I won't necessarily fault you for it. You can personally think whoever you want is best, but if you're going to make some implication that Korn, Limp Fucking Bizkit, or Linkin Park (particularly the former two) are more liked, more critically acclaimed, more respected, or more relevant than Deftones, then I'm afraid you're going to be fighting a losing battle. This is an easily measurable conversation, and the measure is in. Critical response and fan response favors Deftones over all three of those bands. That is the reality, because math. You were wrong. It's okay to be wrong. You're not a bad person for being wrong.

Just be a normal rational person and say, "Look, I get it. I made an assumption based on my own personal preferences, and it turns out I was wrong. I won't change my own personal preferences, but I now see that the majority critical and fan reception seems to support Deftones in favor of Korn, Limp Bizkit, or Linkin Park (particularly the former 2)."

That would be the healthy response to this conversation.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

Again ... You didnt explain why deftones is the originators of nu metal and the others are the copycats... When is the other way around...
Second...I am saying , everybody knows metacritic is corrupt! You don't know what is behind metacritic deftones and other bands... We just know metacritic is corrupt... 'but if you're going to make some implication that Korn, Limp Fucking Bizkit, or Linkin Park (particularly the former two) are more liked, more critically acclaimed, more respected, or more relevant than Deftones, then I'm afraid you're going to be fighting a losing battle'
1st: Linkin park and Korn are more liked , more respected or more relevant/influentional!
Linkin Park and korn sold more albums, has more fans... bigger live shows...and they are more Influential !
Top 10 Influential Nu Metal Bands
http://youtu.be/pQwBPbqcl_U

illthrowROCKS@U

"Again ... You didnt explain why deftones is the originators of nu metal and the others are the copycats... When is the other way around..."

I do believe that Deftones played an integral role in the foundations of Nu Metal, and then abandoned the genre completely before it reached its most popular moments. That is why any list of "Nu Metal" is fundamentally inferior to general rankings that disregard genre. Deftones simply aren't Nu Metal. They haven't been Nu Metal for about 2 decades now. It's silly to even equate them to "Nu Metal" anymore.

"Second...I am saying , everybody knows metacritic is corrupt! You don't know what is behind metacritic deftones and other bands... We just know metacritic is corrupt..."

We don't know Metacritic is corrupt. Some random forum user claimed they were in 2013. That was your source. Even if they were corrupt in regard to User Rankings, it still doesn't change the critical rankings. Listen, this is settled. You don't even need Metacritic to know this. Deftones win the critical review game when compared to LP, LB, and Korn. This is measurable. You can just simply look at the reviews themselves. And even if we threw out Metacritic, which would be stupid to do, the User reviews still support Deftones over those three bands.

"1st: Linkin park and Korn are more liked , more respected or more relevant/influentional!
Linkin Park and korn sold more albums, has more fans... bigger live shows...and they are more Influential !"

Linkin Park and Korn are certainly more well known. They had a bigger marketing budget, they had more marketing dollars put behind them. More people have heard of them. This, of course, would lead to more record sales. And, as we've already established, record sales do not show enjoyment of said record. Ratings themselves are a LITERAL INTERPRETATION of the enjoyment of a record.

We can assume, of course, that if you've heard of Deftones you've probably heard of Korn and Linkin Park. We cannot assume the opposite. This is simply because those bands had larger marketing schemes. So then, we can assume that anyone who's rated Deftones has probably heard of Korn and LP, and yet Deftones still gets better rankings than either of those bands in general. I know it's hard to swallow from a fan-boy, but the evidence is quite clear. Fans and critics consider Deftones better.

If you're going to continue to harp on album sales, you're only going to destroy whatever credibility you may have had. The critics agree, the fans agree on majority of sites, Deftones are better. This is measurable. It's tangible. We can look at the data. You can continue to stick your fingers in your ears if you like, but it's getting a bit ridiculous.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Inkblades

Lol, we're still having this argument? It's 2017, for fuck's sake.

Quote from: The Prodigy on Mar 19, 2017, 09:57 PM
You didnt explain why deftones is the originators of nu metal and the others are the copycats...

That's an amazingly easy answer. Are you really gonna make me give you a nu-metal history lesson? Damn you to hell, man.

Fine...

Deftones released Adrenaline, their only album that is primarily nu-metal, in 1995. Linkin Park didn't even exist in '95 and Limp Bizkit didn't release an album until two years later - by then, Deftones were on their second album, ATF, and already moving away from the nu-metal genre with elements of alternative metal and shoegaze. LB was putting out a rap-rock album in 97, which DT had already dabbled with in 95. So, tell me, how could those two bands originate nu-metal if they weren't even making nu-metal when Deftones were?

The only other band that was also performing nu-metal in the mid-90's was, yes, Korn, who released their debut in 94. However, Adrenaline had a lot more rapping than Korn did on their debut, which is one of the primary characteristics when one thinks of nu-metal. But Korn definitely had the nu-metal guitar and drum sound, so, both bands were the originators of nu-metal.

Now, here's where things get interesting. Deftones correctly realized nu-metal was going to age like freshly-prepared dog shit. They also knew that they had so much more to offer than just rapping over downtuned guitars. Can you imagine if Chino had just did his Adrenaline performance for eight albums in a row? Eight albums of songs like 7 Words and Engine Number #9? It would have been fucking awful. I wouldn't even be a fan if they had done that.

That's why they started moving away from nu-metal in 97 and had pretty much completely abandoned it by 2000 (save Back to School...and maybe Steph's guitar tone on a couple songs here and there). Why did they move away from it?

Because nu-metal is dead. It's dead as disco. Do you not realize that the genre is now looked upon as a big joke? An embarrassingly dated footnote? Deftones realized that back during the height of nu-metal...that's why they put out a new wave-influenced alternative metal masterpiece the same year Fred Durst was rappin' about rollin' and Linkin Park were whinin' about crawling.

An album, by the way, that none of these bands have come CLOSE to. A fact that you and your friends keep ignoring. You keep ignoring when I bring up the fact that none of these bands have the talent to make a White Pony. Fuck album sales and the sizes of shows...who gives a shit? Let's talk about what's important. The music. Name ONE album by Korn, Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park that is better than White Pony. I dare you...I DOUBLE DARE YOU, MOTHERFUCKER.

The funny thing, btw, is everything I just told you and have BEEN telling you is all in the video YOU JUST POSTED. Watch the Deftones part again... "They were considered nu-metal until their third album, White Pony, when many believe they moved past the label to something entirely new".

I realize, though, that is probably why you like these other bands more. Because they still are nu-metal, unlike Deftones. And my only response to that is a well-placed LOL.

The Prodigy

Nu metal is a joke for fucktards! I love all the bands in the vídeo! Deftones is a mainstream band! Just dont have the success as the other bands because they make better music and because of that, sell more álbuns! Because of that bigger shows! They dont had more marketing dollars put behind them.
Better than white pony
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Korn - Follow the Leader
Limp Bizkit -  chocolate starfish and the hotdog flavored water
Slipknot - Self Titled MOTHERFUCKER

Inkblades

Have a blessed day.

illthrowROCKS@U

Yeah... that's it for me man. If you're going to put those over White Pony, you're a lost cause. No further comments are necessary.

Good call on that, Inkblades. Now we know this conversation is absolutely futile. I mean, we knew that already... but jesus... those albums better than White Pony... that really puts this joker into perspective for me. He's a lost cause.

Seriously... Limp Fucking Bizkit... LOL!!!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

LG95

I can't decide if the level of trolling on this forum is terrible or top notch.
I could float here forever

O

Quote from: LG95 on Mar 20, 2017, 12:42 AM
Terrible trolls!

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: LG95 on Mar 20, 2017, 12:42 AM

Honestly, I don't believe it's trolling. I think he's serious. And it's disturbing...
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

O

ANattyRat

...can we start talking about Gore again now, or?

patrick

People still listen to Limp biizkit?  What a joke band.  You can't be taken seriously making arguments that LB is a great band and the Chocolate Shit Factory album is pathetic.   At least go with 3 dollar but that's still bad.

Martin

Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 20, 2017, 03:41 AM

This.

Haven't listened to Gore in awhile now (all these other great records out there need some love too).
Should do it again. Looking forward to the upcoming live shows, and wonder what cuts they'll play.

Seven

Quote from: patrick on Mar 20, 2017, 03:49 AM
People still listen to Limp biizkit?  What a joke band.  You can't be taken seriously making arguments that LB is a great band and the Chocolate Shit Factory album is pathetic.   At least go with 3 dollar but that's still bad.
Limp Bizkit is a great band, the social media always said shit about them and about the Nu-Metal era, they are a joke...Fuck them!

New oficial videos? News?

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Seven on Mar 20, 2017, 03:41 PM
Quote from: patrick on Mar 20, 2017, 03:49 AM
Limp Bizkit is a great band, the social media always said shit about them and about the Nu-Metal era, they are a joke...Fuck them!

New oficial videos? News?

"The social media," AKA, people. Lots and lots of people.

Nu Metal is pretty much regarded as a joke, with Deftones and Linkin Park as the only bands to successfully break the label. But of all the shitty, dated, hilarious, Nu Metal bands... Limp Bizkit takes the cake. Lol... people hate them. They have like 1 or less star reviews on every site. Nobody likes Limp Bizkit anymore, and I honestly am surprised anyone ever did.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem