Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seven

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 20, 2017, 03:56 PM
Quote from: Seven on Mar 20, 2017, 03:41 PM
Quote from: patrick on Mar 20, 2017, 03:49 AM
People still listen to Limp biizkit?  What a joke band.  You can't be taken seriously making arguments that LB is a great band and the Chocolate Shit Factory album is pathetic.   At least go with 3 dollar but that's still bad.
Limp Bizkit is a great band, the social media always said shit about them and about the Nu-Metal era, they are a joke...Fuck them!
Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 20, 2017, 03:41 AM
...can we start talking about Gore again now, or?

New oficial videos? News?

"The social media," AKA, people. Lots and lots of people.

Nu Metal is pretty much regarded as a joke, with Deftones and Linkin Park as the only bands to successfully break the label. But of all the shitty, dated, hilarious, Nu Metal bands... Limp Bizkit takes the cake. Lol... people hate them. They have like 1 or less star reviews on every site. Nobody likes Limp Bizkit anymore, and I honestly am surprised anyone ever did.

No...Social Media AKA fake media! If you believe people hate new Korn, or slipknot, evanescence etc... just see the music videos and see the likes and dislikes...

kurtone

Quote from: Seven on Mar 20, 2017, 04:54 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 20, 2017, 03:56 PM
People still listen to Limp biizkit?  What a joke band.  You can't be taken seriously making arguments that LB is a great band and the Chocolate Shit Factory album is pathetic.   At least go with 3 dollar but that's still bad.
Limp Bizkit is a great band, the social media always said shit about them and about the Nu-Metal era, they are a joke...Fuck them!
Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 20, 2017, 03:41 AM
...can we start talking about Gore again now, or?

New oficial videos? News?

"The social media," AKA, people. Lots and lots of people.

Nu Metal is pretty much regarded as a joke, with Deftones and Linkin Park as the only bands to successfully break the label. But of all the shitty, dated, hilarious, Nu Metal bands... Limp Bizkit takes the cake. Lol... people hate them. They have like 1 or less star reviews on every site. Nobody likes Limp Bizkit anymore, and I honestly am surprised anyone ever did.

No...Social Media AKA fake media! If you believe people hate new Korn, or slipknot, evanescence etc... just see the music videos and see the likes and dislikes...

Trump? Is that you?

Inkblades

They'd be a good band without Durst. Wes is a very talented guitarist, no denying that, but Durst's half-assed bullshit always held them back. The fact that you don't fuck with Run the Jewels but think Durst is great at rapping is fucking laughable.

Vesanic

I don't know man, I wasn't a big fan of LB as a teenager but eventually I found out there actually just is some good music in between their overly commercial phases.

Their first album is very good and not just that, there's no denying it, just as much on Durst's part as on the other members'. Production wise, it's cranky, filthy and heavy, but not overdone. Musically, like I said, it's just fucking good, very catchy yes, but not in that fast-food music way you can feel on "Rollin'" and the likes. Not to mention it's one of these staples that formed a whole generation of music, good or bad is only a matter of opinion.

Even Results May Vary, their worst album to many, has some songs you wouldn't expect to be that good.

They haven't done anything close to a White Pony in terms of composition but then again I don't think that's what people want.

Hating on nu-metal is understandable but basically stupid as it is a waste of time and just a form of self-satisfaction and opinion confirmation. Then again, everybody does that, I'm not one to accuse. But hey, just hear the sound once, say it sucks and then click on. Hating on just really is a form of masochism. I won't deny, it was formulaic music that was abused to the bone and made us hear painful shit but again, that's a matter of opinion. Some people live on this.

Categorizing a whole genre is blocking your own ears. You will avoid lots of bad songs but there will be some you wish you'd heard.

Going back to Gore, I still listen to Acid Hologram and Rubicon on a regular basis but that's about it.

Inkblades

A wild Vesanic appears!

If you go back and read from wherever this argument started (or just look at my recent post history), you'll see I gave props where I felt they were due. I just gave Borland and the rest of the band props for being genuinely talented musicians, I gave Durst props on having a good scream and liking his performance on Eat You Alive, I gave Davis props on hitting some high notes and also gave Korn props for being just as much of nu-metal orginators as Deftones, etc...

But ultimately, I'm just not a fan of Durst. Maybe it's because I grew up on 90's east coast hip-hop, though. Durst had a decent flow on the first album, sure, but when you grew up on Nas, Biggie and Wu-Tang, someone like Durst just feels like a pale comparison. (Don't even get me started on Bennington - I could at least see the fun, goofy party aspect in Durst's style. Bennington's voice actually gives me a headache. Not trying to be smug or superior. I just don't like it.)

And look, if you like them? Fine. Like whatever you like. However...

I just can't abide by the notion that LB or LP are better than or came before DT. That's not opinion confirmation. That's fact, and I know you would agree with it. I'm not hating. Myself and illthrowROCKS@you are simply disagreeing with the notion that some new members have about the quality of these bands vs. Deftones. That's all. We disagree with them.

Vehemently.

And as far as nu-metal? Well, I did like it...when Deftones did it!

Vesanic

Pfahaha of course Deftones are better

Inkblades

Lol, exactly.

Seven

We are on the forum sharinglungs, for Deftones fans! I see your opinions as normal. If I were on a bizkit forum or Korn forum, Linkin Park forum, They would say something as Korn is better, LB is Better, LP is better! And Wu-tang loves Limp Bizkit, Fred is good at Nu-Metal ...

Inkblades

Quote from: Seven on Mar 21, 2017, 12:53 AM
And Wu-tang loves being paid large sums of money to appear on Limp Bizkit songs

Fixed it for ya.  ;)

Seven

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 21, 2017, 02:32 AM
Quote from: Seven on Mar 21, 2017, 12:53 AM
And Wu-tang loves being paid large sums of money to appear on Limp Bizkit songs

Fixed it for ya.  ;)

This is not chino cover of the fake shitty poser drake!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Hater...
http://youtu.be/-rfIeeRgSlc
Fred Durst & Raekwon - Combat Jazz
oh yeah yeah yeah "
"i'm gonna thank you"

[Raekwon]
Yes man
Fuck that
Yeah
Yeah
Hey yo
Hey yo
I smoke on the mic
Like smoking Joe Fraser
Holding a blunt with a scope
And blaze shit up
Much more harder to those
We like barbers and hoes
Flow is like
Hard shit
Yeah
I'm unstoppable the rhyme is hollow tip
Throws while i post it
We gotta hit
While i take shots at
Chat Fiend
Its like selling poison
Upside inside the mind
Nigga anything Raek says goes
Limp Bizkit shit
Mix together
You are convinced
It's frozen
When the hit store
Mix together metal and rap
Can't you do better than that
At one of our shoes
But on the other hand we like you
Don't bring your clan or band
We fight you
You might get a gunshot
Rock and rap ready to rock
Putting more on the map

[Fred Durst]
I terrorize with these eyes
All you players on the sidelines
Get victimized
Ain't no mamma on this planet
Who wont cry
When you see the baby boy sucking thumb and
Licking crumbs from their eyes
Switch on the blade
Pay the price pull the pin
What this hand grenade splash
I think i warned you again
Take another route
Devils waiting for the handshake
Better sell me
Cuz i'm gonna lead you to the gate
Unforgivable
Got shot
You invisible
Typical
Ridiculed
Motherfuckin' pitiful
You don't know the half of these bitches im going through
Bullet proof
Pull a tooth
Spiting juice
Take a shot
Naked absolute
When i'm through
You is through
Speaking all that i know is true
Blowing through this revenue
Something you can never do

[Raekwon]
I all I want
Maxin' in the wind
Sweeties that match the black bed
Stay relax in a black tent
Roll runners gunners that throw hundreds
Soldiers get so blunted
Flex and drop bombs code wanted
I all I want
Maxin' in the wind
Sweeties that match the black bed
Stay relax in a black tent
Roll runners gunners that throw hundreds
Soldiers get so blunted
Flex and drop bombs code wanted

[Fred Durst]
Oh!
Got you haters feeling like we do
Oh!
Got you feeling like we want you to
Oh!
Got you haters feeling like we do
Oh!
Go you feeling like we want you to
You got that right
Raekwon on the show
Limp Bizkit 2021
Mathematics on the beat
I could listen to this all night
All day
Everyday
Just rewind it

illthrowROCKS@U

I'll admit I actually really liked Hybrid Theory when it first came out. I haven't gone out of my way to listen to Linkin Park in probably 10 years, and the new music pretty much sucks, although I liked the song Guilty All The Same and some others from The Hunting Party. But sometimes when those old Hybrid Theory songs come on the radio I'll jam to it if I'm in the mood.

I also like Korn, especially some of the earlier work. I've seen them live a few times. I don't hate them.

I have never really liked Limp Bizkit as a band, but certain songs I've liked. For example, I can get down with Re-Arranged. Some songs on Three Dollar are okay, like Nobody Loves Me is kinda cool I guess.

I guess my issue from the start was always the assertion that any of these bands are nearly as good as Deftones. I realize that I got a bit vehement in some of my responses. In the end, it doesn't matter. Like I said from the start, it's all subjective opinion, and nobody's going to change that. I do still think the suggestion that any of those bands are more well liked, more critically acclaimed, or more relevant today (except LP, they're still relevant) than Deftones is measurably false. Those bands are more well known, have had more exposure, have had more marketing dollars, are more mainstream, sure...

But exposure is a function of airplay. And, as we all know, airplay is a function of marketing. If anyone actually thinks the radio decides what to play based on what is best, they have no idea how the music industry works (or Capitalism in general). It has nothing to do with talent, and everything to do with marketing. It's always been that way, and probably always will be. It is what it is. But to say that this means those bands are "better" because they sold more records, is just asinine in itself. It completely disregards the blatant realities of the music industry. You'd have to have no understanding (or at least pretend to have no understanding) of how the music industry operates in order to make a statement like this. That is why I think individual user ratings far outweigh album sales when determining what's generally believed as "better."

I will always fight any suggestion that any of these bands is in any way better than Deftones.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Seven

I agree on the radio. Yeah radio repeats the same songs and some are shitty as fuck, and some talentless fucks as bieber and drake has excessive attention, more than deserved ... But Korn, LB, Linkin Park are better. In my opinion.a

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Seven on Mar 22, 2017, 12:58 AM
I agree on the radio. Yeah radio repeats the same songs and some are shitty as fuck, and some talentless fucks as bieber and drake has excessive attention, more than deserved ... But Korn, LB, Linkin Park are better. In my opinion.a

I do agree. Korn and Linkin Park are better than radio pop like Bieber.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Inkblades

I'd actually put Korn and Limp Bizkit firmly in Drake territory. In other words, I wouldn't call myself a fan of any of them, but they probably have about a dozen songs I like between all of them.

And I hope Raekwon received a nice royalty check for that song.  8)

LG95

I do think early Korn rules. I kinda like some Limp Bizkit stuff.

Linkin Park can get to fuck.
I could float here forever

Seven

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 22, 2017, 02:05 AM
I'd actually put Korn and Limp Bizkit firmly in Drake territory. In other words, I wouldn't call myself a fan of any of them, but they probably have about a dozen songs I like between all of them.

You put them, but chino make covers of drake. No doubt, drake territory. LB, Korn and LP are better than deftones too, and yeah Raekwon deserve a royalty check for that song!  8)
And Method Man Hater  8)
http://youtu.be/djeOkEg5pmQ
N 2 Gether Now- Limp Bizkit & Method Man

guarnoplo

Let this be the video that ends this bs of 'that band is better than Deftones' 'Chino covers Drake' 'this band sold more than Deftones' stfu already
And not because this video concludes this argument but because I just want it to.
http://youtu.be/kAt1qufa6wA

Red Pill

Lol for those who think they all still have a problem with each other.
http://youtu.be/L_hOktamd3g
Fred Durst with Corey Taylor, Zakk Wylde, Phil Anselmo and others

Inkblades

Quote from: Seven on Mar 22, 2017, 03:02 AM

You put them, but chino make covers of drake. No doubt, drake territory. LB, Korn and LP are better than deftones too, and yeah Raekwon deserve a royalty check for that song!  8)
And Method Man Hater  8)

And Limp Bizkit was SIGNED to the same fuckin' record label as Drake...what's your point? That's why I put them in the same category. That, and also because Durst and Drake aren't that talented.  ;D

And who says I hate Method Man? I said yesterday that I fuckin' grew up on Wu-Tang. Now you're just random making shit up, dude.

Seven

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 22, 2017, 04:26 AM
Quote from: Seven on Mar 22, 2017, 03:02 AM

And Method Man Hater  8)

And Limp Bizkit was SIGNED to the same fuckin' record label as Drake...what's your point? That's why I put them in the same category. That, and also because Durst and Drake aren't that talented.  ;D

And who says I hate Method Man? I said yesterday that I fuckin' grew up on Wu-Tang. Now you're just random making shit up, dude.

Limp Bizkit's much-ballyhooed relationship with the rap label Cash Money Records has proved to be short-lived. 
Durst tells us that, "Well, right now, Cash Money, We had a fun experience working with them and being with them. Limp Bizkit is independent. With Limp Bizkit, we're sort of, we're kind of our own little satellite cruising around, and we just decided it was gonna be best for us to keep it tight and get everything done ourselves. That's just the path we decided to take"
HAHAHAHAHA you are a wu-Tang fan...Limp Bizkit and Wu-Tang = FAMILY. I can see how much you know them... Enjoy!
http://youtu.be/R5YcGvjvZ2Y
Rollin- Limp Bizkit ft. Redman, Method Man, & DMX