Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino Moreno in BBC Radio 6 Music (Premiere first single from 'Gore'??)

Started by deftfan, Feb 02, 2016, 06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftfan

In next Saturday (6 February) Chino Moreno will be guest in BBC Radio 6 Music in
"Weekend Breakfast Show" with Mary Anne Hobbs (7-10am)!
"He will be discussing the lessons learned over 27 years of hard rocking."
This will be great opportunity to play (premiere?) first single from new Deftones album "Gore"?!
Link to this episode: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06zzcbn

iceeslunk

wow, yeah regardless of whether the new single is played, id definitely like to hear the interview! will have to check back for that...

thanks for the heads up!

ANattyRat

I think they'll release a song on the 5th, because that's when all the parts of the flamingo picture will be up, and it'll be a Friday, which is when people release songs, right? Perfect time to release a single.

RaptureWS

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 02, 2016, 11:36 AM
I think they'll release a song on the 5th, because that's when all the parts of the flamingo picture will be up, and it'll be a Friday, which is when people release songs, right? Perfect time to release a single.

I think so too. I think during the interview they will play Prayers/Triangles as maybe a "world-radio-premier" or something. I was 110% sure we would get the new single Friday during the day but this has me worried I will have to wait a bit longer. I am only 90% sure we get it Friday now.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

sharinglungs

Well if he's on the show it'll be 11pm  Friday night in the West coast and still technically Friday.

Val

Quote from: sharinglungs on Feb 02, 2016, 01:13 PM
Well if he's on the show it'll be 11pm  Friday night in the West coast and still technically Friday.
Since theyre pulling the whole marketing shabam right now thats not going to work. Online marketing consists of hitting high numbers of users at a certain time point (usually with promoted posts) and then having a repeat post for the highest number in other regions.

Itll be by East Coast time first (usually). The times they've been posting the instagram pictures have been around the same times (noon est). That hits lunch break crowds on the EST zones and people waking up on PST zones.

Weekends are automatically off the table for a premier. The last piece goes up on Thursday. So we could get a single then with the last peice or we'll get one on Friday. If that's the case then usually when a new song is submitted to itunes ( unless otherwise withheld or noted to hold) itll be put up for purchase on iTunes Thursday night usually secretly without announcement.

shoop

Quote from: Val on Feb 02, 2016, 09:52 PM
Since theyre pulling the whole marketing shabam right now thats not going to work. Online marketing consists of hitting high numbers of users at a certain time point (usually with promoted posts) and then having a repeat post for the highest number in other regions.

Itll be by East Coast time first (usually). The times they've been posting the instagram pictures have been around the same times (noon est). That hits lunch break crowds on the EST zones and people waking up on PST zones.

Weekends are automatically off the table for a premier. The last piece goes up on Thursday. So we could get a single then with the last peice or we'll get one on Friday. If that's the case then usually when a new song is submitted to itunes ( unless otherwise withheld or noted to hold) itll be put up for purchase on iTunes Thursday night usually secretly without announcement.
Everything has been 1pm EST so far, not noon.

Val

Quote from: shoop on Feb 02, 2016, 11:13 PM
Quote from: Val on Feb 02, 2016, 09:52 PM

Everything has been 1pm EST so far, not noon.
Yea couldn't remember exactly but point still stands.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Listening the opening of the show with a nice Bob Marley song.

Freedomsoldier17

did she just say he won't be on until 9 am?

2 more hours then lol

arsenalfc

Haha I believe Chino said on the live performances that 'the setlist changes all the time to keep us on our toes'.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Nothing yet? I was playing some MKX and thought I missed it LOL

sharinglungs

defsteve

Chino Moreno of Deftones discusses the lessons he has learned from 27 years of hard rocking...The eighth Deftones album 'Gore' is released in April.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03hq8g2

That's just a small clip of responses. More on the actual show http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06zzcbn
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

slyartwork

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com