Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino Moreno in BBC Radio 6 Music (Premiere first single from 'Gore'??)

Started by deftfan, Feb 02, 2016, 06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheresmysnare

when i went to see deftones at brixton a number of years ago Zane Lowe was in the 'VIP' section - seems like deftones are really happy to hand exclusives over to him

ToneDef

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Feb 07, 2016, 01:55 PM
when i went to see deftones at brixton a number of years ago Zane Lowe was in the 'VIP' section - seems like deftones are really happy to hand exclusives over to him

He was definitely there in '03. And after the Wembley '03 show he was rocking a cap from the merch stand on that MTV2 show I can't remember the name of right now. The one with the sofa.

He's a big fan and seems to have a good relationship with them. Fair play. I miss him on Radio 1 tbh. He can be a bit cringe but I like his enthusiasm. And he knows his shit.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: ToneDef on Feb 07, 2016, 02:13 PM
Quote from: wheresmysnare on Feb 07, 2016, 01:55 PM

He was definitely there in '03. And after the Wembley '03 show he was rocking a cap from the merch stand on that MTV2 show I can't remember the name of right now. The one with the sofa.

He's a big fan and seems to have a good relationship with them. Fair play. I miss him on Radio 1 tbh. He can be a bit cringe but I like his enthusiasm. And he knows his shit.

gonzo or something wasnt it?

my problem with zane in the past is that he claims to be a big fan of pretty much every track he plays - but i think that's just the BBC impartiality code of conduct stuff. but yeah i def get the impression that he is truly a fan of the deftones, as proved by his random appearances at stuff

slyartwork

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

wheresmysnare

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 07, 2016, 06:24 PM
I know BBC's Daniel Carter is a big fan as well....

yeah i get the impression he likes them too, he sometimes plays the passenger riff on a loop as a backing track while he does his shows. i think he was later to the party that zane though as im sure i remember p carter saying he got into them after meeting them fairly recently

Raswid

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 07, 2016, 06:24 PM
I know BBC's Daniel Carter is a big fan as well....

For sure he now playing for the second time "Prayers/Triangles". It is the hottest record now for him and... it's Deftones (his words)