Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deaf But Still Def!

Started by krook, Feb 03, 2016, 08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krook

Hi, my name is Pavel, and I come from Ukraine. (so, sorry for bad English if anything)

I lost my hearing in 2012 spring due to complicated otitis. One of the things I miss most is, I can no longer listen to Deftones. I was _really_ into them, and still am... Never heard KNY, people say it's cool and follows up Diamond Eyes' vibe. I still can feel speaker vibrations and somehow imagine what a song sounds like, but I'm never sure if I imagine it the right way. From what I "feel" (I open a KNY song and put my hand on the speaker), Gauze and Poltergeist are the heaviest tracks on the album, Tempest and Rosemary sound "lyrical" but have a heavy chorus. Romantic Dreams is just something wonderful, like Kimdracula off of SNW, I think if I could hear it would be my fav song on KNY. But you know, listening to music with hands -- it sucks.
I hate White Pony.

pelican fly

right on and rock on

also your name is cool

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

IdleTime

I'd really like an answer...?
So my brother passed away a few years ago and I have been considering a tattoo to commemorate him for some time now. I recently decided to go with some deftones artwork because it was his favorite band. So my brother died of a lung disease and had a lung transplant about 2 years before he died. I stumbled upon this forum and am wondering why it is named "sharing lungs" ????

This might be some obvious deftones trivia that everyone know. Please enlighten me. Also if anyone knows of some sick deftones artwork please forward me a link.

krook

Quote from: IdleTime on Feb 06, 2016, 10:23 PM
I'd really like an answer...?
So my brother passed away a few years ago and I have been considering a tattoo to commemorate him for some time now. I recently decided to go with some deftones artwork because it was his favorite band. So my brother died of a lung disease and had a lung transplant about 2 years before he died. I stumbled upon this forum and am wondering why it is named "sharing lungs" ????

This might be some obvious deftones trivia that everyone know. Please enlighten me. Also if anyone knows of some sick deftones artwork please forward me a link.

"sharing lungs" comes from their song Crenshaw Punch. "For months I'm sharing lungs, I can't talk to her cause she'll throw rocks at me"
Fuck if I know what it means.
Here http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,20538.0.html DeftonesNZ gives an explanation but it doesn't make much sense to me.
I hate White Pony.