Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Prayers/Triangles = Hearts/Wires?

Started by OcTCaNnIBaL22, Feb 06, 2016, 07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OcTCaNnIBaL22

Long time lurker here. Just now signed up. Been a fan since 1996. Seen the Deftones at OzzFest 1999 in St Louis, Mo and then again at The Pageant in St Louis, Mo in 2013.

Anyway, after listening to Prayers/Triangles countless times, I've noticed that the lyrics to the end of the song says "I pull my heart out... beware!" Do you think this has some kind of meaning or shall I say "Connection" or "Warning" to Hearts/Wires? It just got me thinking after reading those lyrics and seeing that both tracks 1 and 5 have two words separated with a slash. Just a thought......
Re sing, Re string, Unwind

ConcealingFate92

Maybe. I was thinking that Prayers/Triangles would be 2 music in one... Something like they've done with Romantic Dreams, where we have multiple layers of sounds and styles. But since it's only lyrics related, maybe Hearts/Wires will be something like a Part 2 Of Prayers/Triangles...
Always the same old taste, just a new injury...

OcTCaNnIBaL22

Quote from: ConcealingFate92 on Feb 06, 2016, 07:49 AM
Maybe. I was thinking that Prayers/Triangles would be 2 music in one... Something like they've done with Romantic Dreams, where we have multiple layers of sounds and styles. But since it's only lyrics related, maybe Hearts/Wires will be something like a Part 2 Of Prayers/Triangles...

" I was thinking that Prayers/Triangles would be 2 music in one"

I did too at first as well before I heard the teaser. It reminded me of Black Sabbath. Like "Behind the Wall of Sleep/N.I.B" or "Wheels of Confusion/The Straightener", Under the Sun/Every Day comes and Goes. You get my drift. lol

"But since it's only lyrics related, maybe Hearts/Wires will be something like a Part 2 Of Prayers/Triangles..."

That's what I've been thinking. It's going to be very interesting to find out! Something new for the Deftones as well if that is the case.
Re sing, Re string, Unwind

greGORErio

Two complete different songs. All I can say on Hearts/wires...beautiful.

cvthedrv

Quote from: greGORErio on Feb 06, 2016, 06:59 PM
To complete different songs. All I can say on Hearts/wires...beautiful.

yeah right

greGORErio

Quote from: cvthedrv on Feb 06, 2016, 07:46 PM
To complete different songs. All I can say on Hearts/wires...beautiful.

yeah right

:o

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

nineteen

Talking/Bollocks  :D

Good link though. Never thought of it being a connection, if it is.

ANattyRat

Two complete different songs. All I can say on Hearts/wires...beautiful.

Dude, who are you?

greGORErio

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

ANattyRat

Quote from: greGORErio on Feb 06, 2016, 11:03 PM
Call me stranger/danger

Well...anymore exciting little things you can tell us? I'm aboard the hype train, might as well set it to full speed.

greGORErio

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 07, 2016, 02:23 AM
Call me stranger/danger

Well...anymore exciting little things you can tell us? I'm aboard the hype train, might as well set it to full speed.

😐

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: greGORErio on Feb 07, 2016, 02:34 AM
Prayers/triangles is the 976-evil of Gore...hearts/wires woulda been a better single

976-evil ist the best song on Diamond Eyes, tho

Reichward

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Feb 07, 2016, 02:49 AM
Prayers/triangles is the 976-evil of Gore...hearts/wires woulda been a better single

976-evil ist the best song on Diamond Eyes, tho
Finally someone else notices.

Raswid

What You mean by that ?
Is like the worst song from the album ?(I know, that many people don't like this song, but for me is one of favorites from Diamond Eyes)
Or maybe the last if we talking about heaviness level ?

downtownpony

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 07, 2016, 02:23 AM
Call me stranger/danger

I agree with this. Cool verses/mediocre chorus

greGORErio

8)

Raswid

Quote from: greGORErio on Feb 07, 2016, 03:09 AM
I gotta admit it's not the best song in the album or even single worthy...it is what it is.
976 was my least fav song on diamond also

Thanks for the answer, good to know.
I'm still getting used to  Prayers/Triangles, so I expect the rest of the album will be much better.