Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Prayers/Triangles = Hearts/Wires?

Started by OcTCaNnIBaL22, Feb 06, 2016, 07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainnyx4

976-Evil is one of the best songs on DE. Very space-rocky. You guys are nuts.

ANattyRat

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Feb 07, 2016, 07:26 PM
Prayers/Triangles being one of the weaker songs on the album per someone who's heard it has me pumped. 

I already like it a lot better than the singles from KNY, Leathers and Tempest.  So it being a relatively weak song is great news!

I also agree that 976-Evil is the weakest song on DE, along with This Place is Death.  So again, very good news that Prayers/Triangles, a song I like a lot, is on the weaker end of the scale.

I'm excited!

Same here. I already assumed Prayers/Triangles would be one of the least exciting songs, just because I felt like they released it to cater to the masses and get most people excited for the album, while saving the experimental stuff for people to discover when they get the album. I love the song, but for me, it just means the rest of the album will be awesome.

I love 976-Evil, and This Place is Death, beautiful songs, very atmospheric.

illthrowROCKS@U

It's not that I "don't like" 976-Evil, I just find it weaker than the rest of the songs on DE.  It's the same feeling I have with Good Morning Beautiful, it's a decent song it just doesn't stack up to the rest on ST.

But this is what I love the most about Deftones, they have such a wide variety of musical styles and influences that we can all hear the same albums and have wildly differfent ideas about what songs are best!  It happens with every band, to a degree, but I've never seen another band with such a varied fanbase.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

luisch

Glad to see you here, CommondoucheBag, see you on the road soon (I hope)
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

NYRexall

I agree with those saying 976-Evil is space-rock Deftones. That whole song just rips. It sounds completely unlike anything else in their discography, and Chino's vocals are godhead on that song, the way he sounds like he's singing into infinity on that chorus..

mono

Quote from: luisch on Feb 07, 2016, 10:10 PM
Glad to see you here, CommondoucheBag, see you on the road soon (I hope)

lol, maybe just maybe

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Feb 07, 2016, 07:26 PM
I also agree that 976-Evil is the weakest song on DE, along with This Place is Death.

both rather best than weakest.

eitherway you cant compare 'em to Prayers/Triangles. those songs aren't ment to sound like the obvious single ie Pr/Tr. 

beaverwithfishyshoes

dub post

Koigoreyokan1990

Hey everyone just made an account, greGorio so what's your fav track on the album if love to hear which one and why? Thanks!

NYRexall

GreGorio is long gone. Dude was generally full of shit anyway

ANattyRat

Quote from: NYRexall on Mar 01, 2016, 03:42 AM
GreGorio is long gone. Dude was generally full of shit anyway

He's friends with the band, no? Wouldn't surprise me if he was telling the truth. That said, maybe he has heard the album but was still messing with us, haha.

NYRexall

I don't think he was. He was way off on the track lengths, couldn't say for sure which song had the Cantrell solo, and then pulled up roots and bailed when people started questioning his validity.

DickFart

Quote from: NYRexall on Mar 01, 2016, 06:28 AM
I don't think he was. He was way off on the track lengths, couldn't say for sure which song had the Cantrell solo, and then pulled up roots and bailed when people started questioning his validity.

You are the definition of my screen name! Enjoy p/t cuz that's the closest you'll get to April 8th ;)

NYRexall

Quote from: DickFart on Mar 01, 2016, 07:10 AM
You are the definition of my screen name! Enjoy p/t cuz that's the closest you'll get to April 8th ;)

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,20772.1100.html

If you refer to my last comment on the page, you'll see that I'm all for the band only releasing P/T before April 8. So I won't have any problem waiting for the album until then.

Hell, I haven't even listened to P/T yet, because I'm waiting to hear the entire album with virgin ears, lol

DickFart

Quote from: NYRexall on Mar 01, 2016, 08:52 AM

If you refer to my last comment on the page, you'll see that I'm all for the band only releasing P/T before April 8. So I won't have any problem waiting for the album until then.

Hell, I haven't even listened to P/T yet, because I'm waiting to hear the entire album with virgin ears, lol

I bet if chino stuck his dick out you'd gladly suck it huh.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: NYRexall on Mar 01, 2016, 06:28 AM

Pretty sure he's Legit.  He had the flamingoes up before the release of the cover.  He did say that the solo with Cantrell was a later track, which does mesh with it being Phantom Bride.  He also said that other clip (http://www.metalinjection.net/av/hey-look-15-seconds-of-new-deftones-music) was Hearts/Wires.  So if that's true, we'll know for sure he was legit.

Also, he wasn't way off on track lengths.  When did he even give any track lengths?  All he said was the ones on wiki sounded right, if I'm not mistaken, which could be an honest mistake anyone could make.  Do you memorize track lengths to all the songs you've heard?
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

DickFart

N0S3BLEED976

NYRexall

Quote from: DickFart on Mar 01, 2016, 09:03 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Mar 01, 2016, 08:52 AM

I bet if chino stuck his dick out you'd gladly suck it huh.

lol I'd probably considerate it

NYRexall