Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Euro Meet-up Anyone?

Started by Lucky_Me, Feb 10, 2016, 11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky_Me

Hey guys,

Since the European Festival 2016-topic is pretty dead, I thought it'd be nice to revive the ancipatory pleasure in a happy new topic! ;) Who's going to see Deftones on their upcoming European tour?

I'll kick off: I've got me a ticket for Cologne and I'm buying one for Download Paris (Friday) tonight. I'm thinking about going to Denmark also, maybe, really maybe, also London. Who's going too? :)

As this is about my 86th attempt to follow my favorite band (::)), I'd love to meet up with some people and have a good time. I travel by myself, so it'd be nice to make some new friends.

Would anyone like to help me guess whether they're going to add some more dates? There's a big gap in between Rock im Park and Download Paris, so do you guys think they'll add a club show, or should this be the full touring schedule? What are your thoughts? Let's share the fun, everyone! ;D

Love,

Lucky_Me

PS: Does anyone know whether Deftones will do any meet-and-greet sessions, or where you can casually meet them? And does anyone have any previous experience with the venues/festivals stated above?
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.

Vesanic

I'm doing the two German club shows. I might go to the Paris and UK gig as well but not sure yet. Not crazy about seeing them in Wembley and I don't know that I want to go to the French Download... I'll see.

There's definitely going to be a couple more dates in that gap. Betting on fests though.

defsteve

Quote from: MrVesanique on Feb 10, 2016, 08:53 PM
I'm doing the two German club shows. I might go to the Paris and UK gig as well but not sure yet. Not crazy about seeing them in Wembley and I don't know that I want to go to the French Download... I'll see.

There's definitely going to be a couple more dates in that gap. Betting on fests though.

My guess is they will play a couple of shows in Paris to make up for the cancelled November shows. Which they probably can't announce (contractually) until closer to Download Paris.

June 03 - London, UK – The SSE Arena, Wembley
June 04 - Rock Am Ring Festival - Mendig, Germany
June 05 - Rock Im Park Festival - Nürnberg, Germany
June 06 - Day off
June 07 - Paris
June 08 - Paris
June 09 - Day off
June 10 - Download Festival - Paris, France
June 11 - Download Festival - Donington Park, UK
June 12 - Nova Rock Festival - Nickelsdorf, Austria
June 13 - Day off
June 14 – Koln, Germany – Palladium
June 15 – Berlin, Germany – Columbiahalle
June 16 - Day off
June 17 - Northside Festival - Aarhus, Denmark
June 18 - Secret Solstice Festival - Reykjavík, Iceland
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Vesanic

Good call, but I had my doubts since I saw a French festival date, I thought maybe it would be the only thing to make up for these shows. Then again they play festivals and clubs in Germany, so I'm just seeing it narrowly I guess.

If these shows do end up being rescheduled for another venue, you might want to go. I won't go into details, but we were in for some serious, hasn't-been-played-in-almost-a-decade shit in Paris. But with the new album coming, I doubt these sets remain.

defsteve

Quote from: MrVesanique on Feb 10, 2016, 11:30 PM
Good call, but I had my doubts since I saw a French festival date, I thought maybe it would be the only thing to make up for these shows. Then again they play festivals and clubs in Germany, so I'm just seeing it narrowly I guess.

If these shows do end up being rescheduled for another venue, you might want to go. I won't go into details, but we were in for some serious, hasn't-been-played-in-almost-a-decade shit in Paris. But with the new album coming, I doubt these sets remain.

We were in Paris in November. And then Berlin. And then London.  :'(

Would be great to go to Paris if they did announce but we have AC/DC on June 09 so probably not going to happen, which is a shame.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Lucky_Me

If they'd do a club show in Paris (e.g. Le Trianon, Le Zenith), I'd love to go. I had tickets for all three shows at Le Bataclan and for their show in Cologne.

Otherwise, I'd be more than happy with a show at the 013 (Tilburg) or Melkweg (Amsterdam). I'm in a college that focuses on music business, so especially at the 013, I know people. 8) Fingers crossed everyone!

Lucky_Me

2 Hours ago, Le Bataclan posted that they want to renovate the venue again before the end of 2016. Regardless of this being wonderful news, could this perhaps mean something for Deftones?

Vesanic

They'll just book another venue. Paris doesn't lack.

tarkil

Quote from: MrVesanique on Feb 10, 2016, 11:30 PMI won't go into details, but we were in for some serious, hasn't-been-played-in-almost-a-decade shit in Paris

Why, yes! Please do go into details!!!       

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Lucky_Me

Deftones are coming to Milan, guys! Is anyone planning to go? I might. :-)

Lucky_Me

I'm sorry for spamming my own topic, but I got me a ticket to Milan! ;D I'm a happy camper.

Now I need to learn to speak Italian. I can eat it fluently, though. ;)

Longstem

Thinking about going to Milan...

I was looking forward to see them 3x in Paris in november and didn't care too much after de Paris attacks. But ... I feel the Deftones love coming up.

So I will let u know... =-)

Lucky_Me

@Longstem: Thank you for your post. You should definitely go, I'm fun! ;-)

I had three tickets for Paris also. I was staying a block away from Le Bataclan. Thank God that I didn't go out to eat, drink and be merry that night... I was going to look for Deftones, but I just didn't. That was scary. My life was saved by my dislike for Death Metal. I was going to go out there, but I thought Eagles of Death Metal was going to be shit music with a shitty crowd... (Excuse me for being off topic.)

Anyways, if you go, send me a PM. I'm a total social butterfly and I just love meeting new people! After Paris, I only want to show them I can still party, haha.  8) I'm alive, kicking and ready to have a blast this tour.

ANattyRat

Me and my friend will be seeing them in London if anyone else is there. I hope they do a proper Europe/UK tour in smaller venues, I'd love to just buy a bunch of tickets and follow them around the country, haha.

sooniletugo

Eagles of Death Metal are a fun live band, I saw them 2 nights before the Bataclan show. The 'death metal' part of their name is a joke incase you didn't know. :P

Lucky_Me

Oh... I get it now. Sorry, I can be such an idiot sometimes. ::)

A few days ago, their guitard, Josh Homme, sent me a friend request on FB. So I thought. Of course, I wrote a very nice and long thank you message. I was feeling delighted all day. Then the person to whom the page belonged, sent me a message back: 'Thank you very much for your message, but this is actually a tribute page.' I told him I still felt honored to be his FB friend, haha. Only me. ;)

Maybe this is a totally idiotic question (y'all know me haha), but does anyone think Deftones will add an extra club show or a secret show in Paris? Two days in between gigs seems strange to me. I've attended a secret show from another band once, in Berlin. That was awesome. A world-famous arena-size band playing in a venue that would be small for Deftones and the members recognized me from their M&G a week earlier. 8) Oh well, I was my usual self: the overenthused kid with the pink mohawk, so yeah... that should still haunt them.

Longstem

hi Lucky_Me , where (website) did you buy tickets for Milan?

The site where I wanted to buy them didn't offer online printing at home.

And otherwise I have to let them ship to Belgium which I'm not to keen off...

Lucky_Me

@Longstem I used the website that had a link on Deftones' Facebook and an official ticket was shipped by UPS. It was €25 extra fee, but it was worth it, as the ticket arrived safely within days. I guess they won't let you home print it though.

By the way, this is offtopic, but do you speak French or Dutch? It'd be nice to meet up in a foreign country, with whom I can speak my first language. :)

BIRTHMARK78

Quote from: Lucky_Me on Mar 03, 2016, 09:26 AM
@Longstem I used the website that had a link on Deftones' Facebook and an official ticket was shipped by UPS. It was €25 extra fee, but it was worth it, as the ticket arrived safely within days. I guess they won't let you home print it though.

By the way, this is offtopic, but do you speak French or Dutch? It'd be nice to meet up in a foreign country, with whom I can speak my first language. :)

Hello,
i send you a mail for the milan's date.

See you.

Vesanic

What's with this picture of Cobain being used by all the noobs