Previous topic - Next topic

ANattyRat

Quote from: nicklav on Feb 25, 2016, 12:17 AM
This Place is Death
Royal
976-EVIL
Beauty School
Butcher

Extra Sorry, KNY. Nothing on that album ever truly grabbed me.

Really? I've seen a few people say Diamond Eyes is better than Koi No Yokan, I don't get how. I love all their albums, but Diamond Eyes is the one with the least memorable impact for me, personally. I thought Koi No Yokan was 10x better. Although I do love Prince.

- Graphic Nature.
- Gauze.
- Prince.
- Royal.
- Poltergeist.

Quote from: Yoi Yes Kokan on Feb 25, 2016, 04:49 AM
Quote from: Yoi Yes Kokan on Feb 24, 2016, 11:19 PM
best songs from the sergio era, is that a joke? Diamond eyes and Koi No Yokan are there best albums, so all 20 of them.

*22, and no.

don't be technical sally
Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Feb 25, 2016, 01:39 AM
best songs from the sergio era, is that a joke? Diamond eyes and Koi No Yokan are there best albums, so all 20 of them.
Respect your opinion, but their first three albums will always be how I remember them. All different styles.
And DE to me was noticeably better than KNY overall to me.

that's fine, be stuck in the 90's. I like mature music.

Oh god, you're one of those people. Can't you just accept that people have different preferences? Adrenaline is a very simple, repetitive album compared to White Pony and onwards, but some people prefer aggressive, heavy music, some prefer the softer or more dynamic music, etc. Just chill out with criticising people for not liking the direction they're going in.

defsteve

Royal
Prince
Graphic Nature
Gauze
Goon Squad

Would love all these in one night!
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

RaptureWS

Quote from: defsteve on Feb 25, 2016, 03:30 PM
Royal
Prince
Graphic Nature
Gauze
Goon Squad

Would love all these in one night!

Same for me except I would replace Graphic with Rosemary. Also I am shocked that more people haven't mentioned Goon Squad. My favorite Deftones riff since ATF, no question. I literally don't think I have ever been able to be completely still during that song.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Penicks

goon squad and royal

the rest is meh or shit tier idgaf

Yoi Yes Kokan

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 25, 2016, 12:34 PM
This Place is Death
Royal
976-EVIL
Beauty School
Butcher

Extra Sorry, KNY. Nothing on that album ever truly grabbed me.

Really? I've seen a few people say Diamond Eyes is better than Koi No Yokan, I don't get how. I love all their albums, but Diamond Eyes is the one with the least memorable impact for me, personally. I thought Koi No Yokan was 10x better. Although I do love Prince.

- Graphic Nature.
- Gauze.
- Prince.
- Royal.
- Poltergeist.

*22, and no.

don't be technical sally
Respect your opinion, but their first three albums will always be how I remember them. All different styles.

Oh god, you're one of those people. Can't you just accept that people have different preferences? Adrenaline is a very simple, repetitive album compared to White Pony and onwards, but some people prefer aggressive, heavy music, some prefer the softer or more dynamic music, etc. Just chill out with criticising people for not liking the direction they're going in.

why would you call me out? you could say the same for every comment by everyone on this board

ZND84

Prince
Diamond Eyes
Goon Squad
Leathers
Rosemary

Best list posted, hands down

Vesanic

Sextape
976-EVIL
What Happened To You?
Swerve City
Leathers

from_musings

illthrowROCKS@U

*22, and no.

don't be technical sally

The irony is palpable here.  You claim to like "mature music" all while simultaneously acting immature in the process.  The guy you responded to was being respectful and mature.  You, however, were not.

Personally, I think the Self Titled was their best album.  That seems to be a popular opinion around here, however, my next favorite album would be SNW.  That is certainly not a popular opinion around here.  But, regardless, you don't see me going around telling people how my taste is more "mature" than theirs, or that somehow their taste is any less than mine.

I think you should probably stop being such a pompous dickbag.  But something tells me this is just an innate quality of yours, and not something you can really help.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

sooniletugo

Yeah, people are entitled to prefer the early albums, just like you're entitled to prefer the more recent ones, don't be a dick. I like old & new Deftones. And I like every song to some degree. Here's my top 5:

1. Diamond eyes
2. Rocket Skates
3. You've seen the Butcher
4. Tempest
5. Rosemary

defTHE1s

Top 5:
Goon Squad
Poltergeist
Rosemary
Prince
This Place is Death

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Eros TBA

976-EVIL
Swerve City
Royal
Beauty School
Tempest

whitefur

Two songs clearly stand out for me:

Poltergiest - the chorus on this song is one of my top Steph riff's ever

Prince - Steph's tone on the chorus is so punishing. Love it.

77years

Quote from: Eros TBA on Mar 15, 2016, 04:32 AM
976-EVIL
Swerve City
Royal
Beauty School
Tempest

So underrated.  This is one of those tracks where everything comes together beautifully, the minor chord dragging through the verses, Abe doing something truly original and different, exploding into an unnerving chorus, INSANE vocal hooks on the chorus you can't get out of your head for months, then there's that unusual finale - the swell of arpeggiated notes going into this false ending "It's a beautiful rriiiiiiiiide" - it's such a powerful track on what was probably an extremely emotional album for them to make

CarloDefDonno

Gauze
Prince
Poltergeist
Royal
Beauty School
What Happened To You?

Sorry for cheating but I couldn't pick one between the last two songs.

Yoi Yes Kokan

diamond eyes and koi no yokan are so much alike, the tracklisting, production and variety of material. obviously koi no yokan was more outerspace and had more time put into it.

heres to the impossible because moods determine the top 5, actually if i only stopped to listen to 5 im rushed or in a bad mood which is never.

royal
risk
976-evil
poltergeist
goon squad

B0RNtoR0CK

Interesting. Although I much prefer Diamond Eyes over KNY, I liked 976-Evil the least, yet I see a lot of you loving it.

In no order:

This Place is Death
Risk
Prince
Graphic Nature
Tempest

Reichward

Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Mar 15, 2016, 10:07 PM
Interesting. Although I much prefer Diamond Eyes over KNY, I liked 976-Evil the least, yet I see a lot of you loving it.

People seem to be very divided about this song. It's either the best or the worst for some reason.

B0RNtoR0CK

Quote from: Reichward on Mar 15, 2016, 10:10 PM
Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Mar 15, 2016, 10:07 PM

People seem to be very divided about this song. It's either the best or the worst for some reason.
Yeah I know what you mean. One of my best friend's has 976-Evil as his most played. He said it reminds him of Linkin park thats why its his fav

pelican fly

I like a lot more than just 5 but...

Royal
Beauty School
976-Evil
Tempest
What Happened To You ( this is probably my favorite song because he REALLY shines on it )