Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

steph possibly leaving deftones?

Started by iceeslunk, Feb 24, 2016, 01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snw9

Quote from: NYRexall on Feb 26, 2016, 09:51 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Feb 26, 2016, 05:18 PM
I say give Steph complete control over the next album and see what happens.  I'm sure Chino can let go of the reigns for one album, right?

That's what Chino did with the Eros sessions: focused on vocals and lyrics completely, while Steph was in charge of the guitars. Chino stated right after KNY's release that the band would likely do one more album before they considered an official release of Eros. That album is six weeks away.

So figure out a way to combine the Eros stuff with the five songs left off Gore. That's 11 songs, as far as we know. Pretty much split down the middle.

I can't understand some of these people who claim Deftones haven't been heavy in ages. What the fuck were they hearing when songs like Royal, Diamond Eyes, Leathers and Guaze were playing?

I recall Deftones mentioning they wrote 16 songs for the album however its very likely they only recorded 12 of them since Chino mentioned one song was cut from the final track list.
Code: [Select]

Lucky_Me

@punkflop01: Thank you for posting that interview. Now I can sleep peacefully tonight. :-*

Stef is right, though... I am very emotionally attatched to my artists, so I've had dozens of times that an interview would get me down very badly. This happened especially when my English wasn't so good yet and I didn't understand half of what was said. I'm just relieved he's staying, as I have love him. <3 Social media and forums are cool, but they sure do ensue a lot of drama and arguetainment sometimes.
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.