Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hole in the Earth and This Is the End

Started by Inkblades, Feb 27, 2016, 01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

The end riff of Hole of the Earth is featured in the movie This Is the End, but as I was just sitting here listening to it, I'm beginning to think the song's lyrical content completely influenced the storyline of the entire fucking movie.

"There's a hole in the earth, I'm out" = sure enough, a hole opens up in the earth during the film and swallows Rihanna, Aziz Ansari and several other celebrities.
"I hate all of my friends, they all attack sometimes" = sure enough, the entire film is about friends fighting with each other. The movie poster literally has six friends beating each other up.
"This is the end" = sure enough, the damn name of the movie!

I hope Deftones got some good royalties from this film.

N0S3BLEED976

Cool, though it's "they all lack taste sometimes", not "attack". Haven't watched the movie yet, but sure seems like some of the lyrics fit to the movie's storyline

sooniletugo

Yeah I saw the movie at the time and was shocked when HITE played. Only instrumental, but any Deftones fan would realise the relevance of the song to the movie.

The movie is a straight comedy though, don't expect anything dark.

Penicks

that entire james franco/seth rogen clan should be forbidden to make movies for the next three decades

ANattyRat

Quote from: Penicks on Feb 27, 2016, 04:35 PM
that entire james franco/seth rogen clan should be forbidden to make movies for the next three decades

I usually hate their movies (together, I like some of the movies they do separately), but for some reason I loved This is the End.

Weird how they only played the instrumental, when the lyrics (the chorus, anyway) would've fit in just fine.

illthrowROCKS@U

This is the End was awesome!  Franco & Rogan are great together.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem