Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Poll:Eros or Gore

Started by from_musings, Feb 28, 2016, 10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

(allegedly, there's only vocals on half of the eros songs, half of the material is instrumental cause of chi's accident)

rainnyx4

The two full songs heard from Eros (Melanie and Smile) weren't that interesting. The jam that was in those promo videos sounded like it might have been something great but who knows?

KNY is by far the most progressive and clearly the album they put the most creative effort into. Hoping that Gore takes that to the next level.

from_musings

apparently eros was much of a stef record (according to chino) and and gore is suppose to be a chino/sergio record (according to stef) which makes me more curious of eros. i mean snw,d.e and kny are pretty much chino records so i guess i'm more interested in eros just for a change.

that, and the fact that i love melanie and smile.  p/t wasn't that great imo.

Reichward

Right now I'm more focused on Gore obviously because it's about to drop. But I'm still thinking about Eros getting released someday. I'm pretty sure this album will feel like nothing we'll ever hear again from the band with the direction they have taken since then.

ANattyRat

Melanie sounds great, and I absolutely love Smile. But I choose Gore, simply because it'll be a finished album. I'm not much a fan of instrumental music, even if I love it, it doesn't quite catch me as much as a song with great vocals and lyrics. So I feel like I'd rather have Gore, as a whole album, than an album that's only half done, vocally at least.

That said, like everyone else, I do hope we get to hear Eros one day.

Bifrost

I voted Gore but immediately regretted it, I would like to hear some more Chi if it was the last album they ever released.

tarkil

Eros, as it's the last one on which Chi contributed !
And Smile is fucking awesome, so.........

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

cvthedrv

NYRexall

Some of you would rather have a half-finished collection of six completed songs over an entirely finished and ready-for-release new album?

ANattyRat

Quote from: NYRexall on Feb 29, 2016, 07:14 AM
Some of you would rather have a half-finished collection of six completed songs over an entirely finished and ready-for-release new album?

The last music Chi worked on, music that the band were very excited about and were calling weird and experimental. Surely you can understand why people would want to hear that?

from_musings

Some Majority of you would rather have a half-finished collection of six completed songs over an entirely finished and ready-for-release new album?

fixed it for you

Yoi Yes Kokan

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Feb 28, 2016, 10:45 PM
KNY is by far the most progressive and clearly the album they put the most creative effort into. Hoping that Gore takes that to the next level.

yes

+1

NYRexall

Quote from: from_musings on Feb 29, 2016, 01:16 PM
Some Majority of you would rather have a half-finished collection of six completed songs over an entirely finished and ready-for-release new album?

fixed it for you

lol guess I'll be enjoying that genre-bending new album while the rest are holding their breath for Eros then

NYRexall

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 29, 2016, 08:12 AM

The last music Chi worked on, music that the band were very excited about and were calling weird and experimental. Surely you can understand why people would want to hear that?

Sure I can understand it. I want it just as much as anyone else, really. But I wouldn't let it stop me from enjoying a brand new album that's only weeks from release and is being defined by the band as heady and more technical than past efforts.

Didn't Chino say back around KNY's release that they'd release at least one more record before they'd seriously consider finishing/releasing Eros?

Gore...Eros...christ, they have virtually the same four letters and everything. I think it will happen before the proper follow-up to Gore in the next five years

ANattyRat

Quote from: NYRexall on Mar 01, 2016, 03:27 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 29, 2016, 08:12 AM

Sure I can understand it. I want it just as much as anyone else, really. But I wouldn't let it stop me from enjoying a brand new album that's only weeks from release and is being defined by the band as heady and more technical than past efforts.

Didn't Chino say back around KNY's release that they'd release at least one more record before they'd seriously consider finishing/releasing Eros?

Gore...Eros...christ, they have virtually the same four letters and everything. I think it will happen before the proper follow-up to Gore in the next five years

I wouldn't hold my breath that we get to hear it any time soon. Maybe one day, but they don't even all have the same answer to that question, so I wouldn't be surprised if we never even got to hear it. Plus are there any restrictions because of the music label or whatever? Chino released Smile, and it got taken down.

NYRexall

The band has stated several times that it will eventually be released tho. When Chi passed away, Chino said the chances of it being released were greater than ever. I think the label yanked Smile because they're harvesting the album for a proper release, and they know it's something important that fans will come out in droves for. It's fucking blood money on one hand, but if the band and their fans are okay with its release, then I'd say it's fair game.

snw9

I would pick Eros even though we've only heard 2 complete songs (Melanie and Smile) and the part of the intro song of the Eros's videos.
Code: [Select]

illthrowROCKS@U

I consider Smile to be one of the greatest, if not the single greatest, Deftones song of all time.  I love the direction that album seemed like it was going to take.  I got this vibe that it was a combination of SNW and ST, which happen to be my two favorite albums of theirs by far.  So yeah, I'm definitely going with Eros.  Not even a second thought or hesitation of any kind.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

nicklav

Quote from: tarkil on Feb 29, 2016, 05:51 AM
Eros, as it's the last one on which Chi contributed !
And Smile is fucking awesome, so.........

My reasoning too.

HooiserBowhunter

I voted for Gore, but believe me I would love to hear Eros. I just think that its a super difficult situation for the band members. I mean that was their best friend, and a huge loss for them. It just seems like they want to move on from the album.