Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Poll:Eros or Gore

Started by from_musings, Feb 28, 2016, 10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

Eros because of Chi for sure. Definitely looking forward to gore tho.

Phantasmagoria

Probably Eros.. We don't know how good Gore is yet.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Phantasmagoria on Mar 02, 2016, 08:48 PM
Probably Eros.. We don't know how good Gore is yet.

We don't know how good Eros is, either

Entombed

I'd have to choose Eros. Prayers/Triangles is the 2nd worst single I've heard from the Deftones & Smile is one of my favorite songs ever, possibly my favorite.
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.

NYRexall

Willing to bet that when Eros is finally released, it won't be half as good as people think it will be

from_musings

well if you are a gore-enthusiast - maybe gore won't be half as good as you think it will be. just saying

illthrowROCKS@U

Yes, and I can definitely say that the 2 and a half songs we've heard from Eros are all better than the one we've heard from Gore.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

LG95

Eros simply because of Chi. But I really want both.
I could float here forever

Entombed

Quote from: NYRexall on Mar 02, 2016, 11:21 PM
Willing to bet that when Eros is finally released, it won't be half as good as people think it will be

I'm willing to bet it will be quite a bit better than Gore.

NYRexall

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 03, 2016, 01:56 PM
well if you are a gore-enthusiast - maybe gore won't be half as good as you think it will be. just saying

Willing to bet it's 100% better than half an album we don't have at all

NYRexall

Quote from: Entombed on Mar 04, 2016, 01:18 AM

LoL based on that one song you heard from Gore, right?

NYRexall

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 03, 2016, 05:31 PM
Yes, and I can definitely say that the 2 and a half songs we've heard from Eros are all better than the one we've heard from Gore.

lol It amazes me how some of you can discredit an entire album that's still a month away based on one song, and still call yourself fans of the band.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: NYRexall on Mar 04, 2016, 03:46 AM

lol It amazes me how some of you can discredit an entire album that's still a month away based on one song, and still call yourself fans of the band.

same old, same old...

NYRexall

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 04, 2016, 03:48 AM

same old, same old...

I don't remember KNY, DE or even SNW a decade back getting nearly this much disdain in the run-up. I could understand the skepticism if this were a new record by some now-shit band like Smashing Pumpkins or Jane's Addiction, but ffs you'd think this was going to be a fucking dubstep album with a Nikki Minaj duet the way people are acting..

illthrowROCKS@U

Please quote the part where I discredited the album.  What I said, quite clearly, is that the songs we've heard from one album are, in my opinion, better than the one we've heard from the other album.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

NYRexall

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 04, 2016, 07:40 AM

Please quote the part where I discredited the album.  What I said, quite clearly, is that the songs we've heard from one album are, in my opinion, better than the one we've heard from the other album.

I just find it hilarious how you're holding up Eros -- all two songs we've heard that *might* actually be on it one day -- as this lost classic and then riding me for being excited about the album that's coming out next month. I actually laughed out loud when I read that part when you said 'Smile' was their greatest song ever, but hey...that's your opinion and it's just whatever to me.

In the end, I don't give a fuck whether you buy Gore or not. Neither does the band, I'm willing to bet.

TheyCallMeP

Quote from: NYRexall on Mar 04, 2016, 09:43 AM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 04, 2016, 07:40 AM

I just find it hilarious how you're holding up Eros -- all two songs we've heard that *might* actually be on it one day -- as this lost classic and then riding me for being excited about the album that's coming out next month. I actually laughed out loud when I read that part when you said 'Smile' was their greatest song ever, but hey...that's your opinion and it's just whatever to me.

In the end, I don't give a fuck whether you buy Gore or not. Neither does the band, I'm willing to bet.

Let's keep things in check.
1. Eros was the last record Chi played on and he played guitar on it instead of bass for some tracks (Chino on bass).
2. The Eros clips built a good deal more hype than anything Gore related (and I cannot wait for Gore). The intro music clip that began their videos was darker than anything I've heard them play since.
3. The band members were openly calling it a weird and spacey record. Steph wanted to release it when Diamond Eyes came out so clearly he had a large creative output on it. The clips acasually reminded me of Terry Date era Deftones.

So yeah, Eros is way more hyped.

from_musings

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Mar 04, 2016, 01:59 PM
1. Eros was the last record Chi played on and he played guitar on it instead of bass for some tracks (Chino on bass).
2. The Eros clips built a good deal more hype than anything Gore related (and I cannot wait for Gore). The intro music clip that began their videos was darker than anything I've heard them play since.
3. The band members were openly calling it a weird and spacey record. Steph wanted to release it when Diamond Eyes came out so clearly he had a large creative output on it. The clips acasually reminded me of Terry Date era Deftones.

Entombed

Quote from: NYRexall on Mar 04, 2016, 03:37 AM
Quote from: Entombed on Mar 04, 2016, 01:18 AM

LoL based on that one song you heard from Gore, right?

Based on what I have heard from Eros, interviews around that time about the direction of the music, Prayers/Triangles sucking a fat one, Carpenter seeming rather uninterested in the album, and that Chi was still in the band back then. That, on top of how shitty the production of Prayers/Triangles is (including the overwhelmingly obvious use of auto-tune on the track), I'd bet Eros is quite a bit better. That, and it's not like they're coming off of the best album either. KNY had some very strong tracks, but it's not seamless either (and the production was pretty meh). I'll also mention that the mixing issues the band had on this album decrease the amount of confidence I have in it turning out as well. Seems like an album surrounded by issues between band mates, producers, mixers, really everyone involved.

But sure, you can just say "LoL based on that one song you heard from Gore, right?"

ANattyRat

OK, we're going round in circles here. It doesn't matter. We get to hear Gore in just over a month, hopefully we'll one day hear Eros. It's about what one you'd choose if you can only have one. Eros sounds like an experimental, dark, maybe guitar-driven album based on the interviews, and some people, especially since Steph's recent interview, think that the band's missing something from their last two albums, and think maybe Chino having too much control compared to Steph might be the culprit. So obviously you're going to want to hear Eros more.

In the end, who cares? You're both making the same arguments for your own decisions and then calling out the other for doing the same thing. Chill out, folks.