Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Poll:Eros or Gore

Started by from_musings, Feb 28, 2016, 10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 07, 2016, 08:23 AM
Quote from: el perro on Mar 07, 2016, 07:42 AM
What if you heard Eros and it didn't live up to your expectations? I'm pretty sure Chino said that album would have been the end of Deftones which I can believe because it sounds depressing from what I've heard, but a lot of you would like that probably. 

Are you sure you're not thinking of Saturday Night Wrist? I don't recall him ever saying something like that about Eros.

chino has been very inconsistent with his opinions about eros. sometimes it's great, sometimes it isn't. but it's true...in an interview with chino some years ago, they talked about how snw was a bad time for the band and that the end product wasn't good enough.that if they didn't come up with better material - they couldn't continue the band. chino said that unless the album after snw wasn't a real boost back to form,people would stop caring and that would mean the end of deftones. he said something like "honestly... i don't think eros was that record"

el perro

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 07, 2016, 11:54 AM
What if you heard Eros and it didn't live up to your expectations? I'm pretty sure Chino said that album would have been the end of Deftones which I can believe because it sounds depressing from what I've heard, but a lot of you would like that probably. 
I'm pretty sure it was about Eros because he said it around the release of Diamond Eyes and Chi was in a com
Are you sure you're not thinking of Saturday Night Wrist? I don't recall him ever saying something like that about Eros.

chino has been very inconsistent with his opinions about eros. sometimes it's great, sometimes it isn't. but it's true...in an interview with chino some years ago, they talked about how snw was a bad time for the band and that the end product wasn't good enough.that if they didn't come up with better material - they couldn't continue the band. chino said that unless the album after snw wasn't a real boost back to form,people would stop caring and that would mean the end of deftones. he said something like "honestly... i don't think eros was that record"

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 07, 2016, 11:54 AM

I'm sure it was about Eros because I remember him saying how Diamond Eyes was a more optimistic record and Chi's crash had brought the band closer together.