Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Doomed user

Started by Koigoreyokan1990, Mar 01, 2016, 03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koigoreyokan1990

Since this is the only explicit song on the album do you guys think it'll be heavy in its own way? Lyrically? Or vocally? I know stephs guitar is heavy they said in an interview

Reichward

All we know is that the track's lenght was just added on iTunes, so we can guess it's going to be released anytime soon. We are going to find out the details soon.

Koigoreyokan1990

Oh I see got it, if it comes out soon I'm going to refrain from hearing it I want the album to have a perfect flow of new material for me especially since I already heard prayers/triangles but it didn't hurt cause it's track 1 so the rest will flow. Its going to be the hardest month ever man, but thank you

LG95

Quote from: Koigoreyokan1990 on Mar 01, 2016, 03:38 PM
Oh I see got it, if it comes out soon I'm going to refrain from hearing it I want the album to have a perfect flow of new material for me especially since I already heard prayers/triangles but it didn't hurt cause it's track 1 so the rest will flow. Its going to be the hardest month ever man, but thank you
I imagine it'll be leaked before then.
I could float here forever

Freedomsoldier17

i thought about waiting until the album was released to listen but one user made a very profound argument that what if you got hit by a car or something and died and you never got to listen to new deftones? so thats why i want to hear stuff as soon as i can

Koigoreyokan1990

That's why I keep myself locked in my house for now , keeping away from drunk drivers lol

defTHE1s

Quote from: Koigoreyokan1990 on Mar 01, 2016, 04:53 PM
That's why I keep myself locked in my house for now , keeping away from drunk drivers lol
I ain't even going to work haha, the wait is though!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

2MoreHours

What if a plane crashes into your house or you have a house fire?

wheresmysnare

yeah so it's heavy and chino can't sing it live but it sounds cool. high hopes for the studio version

TheyCallMeP

There is a video on YouTube of the song being performed live. I'm not gonna judge vocals yet but the guitar reminded me of Adrenaline era Deftones. The studio version should be awesome!

wheresmysnare

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Mar 04, 2016, 10:49 PM

What if a plane crashes into your house or you have a house fire?

so be it, cross that bridge when it comes

Reichward

This is cool. I think I'm going to like it more than Prayers/triangles.

mrpelon94

I want to hear the studio version it's almost April and this albums been sealed tight lol

Vesanic

What if "Doomed User"... was about us lol

iceeslunk

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Mar 06, 2016, 11:40 AM
There is a video on YouTube of the song being performed live. I'm not gonna judge vocals yet but the guitar reminded me of Adrenaline era Deftones. The studio version should be awesome!

yeeea buddy! i saw heard that live clip and thought old school deftones immediately, i couldnt be anymore enthusiastic...i like it way more than p/t...

i was really concerned after the steph interview, but im really digging what i hear, and its just a shitty smartphone recording! :D ;D

deftoner664

Quote from: MrVesanique on Mar 07, 2016, 01:19 AM
What if "Doomed User"... was about us lol
I was thinking the same thing lol same with Pittura Infamante (I.e. We've called out Chino/Stephen on specific things in relation to their musicianship or performance). Pure speculation but could be probable especially since someone from the band has been dropping hints that they've been lurking on sharing lungs.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

guizz

I honestly don't think Chino gives enough crap to a small fan base writing on this forum to write a song about it :P

ANattyRat

Except Goon Squad, that was a "lol keep complaining, I'm making the music I want and I'm awesome" song.

Bifrost

Quote from: Koigoreyokan1990 on Mar 01, 2016, 03:25 PM
Since this is the only explicit song on the album do you guys think it'll be heavy in its own way? Lyrically? Or vocally? I know stephs guitar is heavy they said in an interview

I think when they say heavy they mean the combined weight of Stef and Chino and Abe laying on their instruments = heavy sound LOL... sorry bad joke.  ;D

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.