Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Doomed user

Started by Koigoreyokan1990, Mar 01, 2016, 03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jciraheta

well yea after a few more spins   , i have to say the chorus is very catchy , ...what i find weird is the verse sound a bit of metalllica for me  :-\

right now for me  PT =9   DU : 7.5

Shadow46/2

Raw as fuck. Definitely doesn't sound as polished as the KNY production. And that's a good thing.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

LG95

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Mar 16, 2016, 04:42 PM
Raw as fuck. Definitely doesn't sound as polished as the KNY production. And that's a good thing.
Exactly. It's why moaning about the mix supposedly being 'terrible' is complete bullshit. Koi No Yokan was too clean sounding, this sounds more loose and raw. Ideally the drums would be clearer but I'm fine with the rest of it.
I could float here forever

nineteen

Song is brilliant. Getting Adrenaline vibes in parts.

The mix sounds fine to me through a Hi Fi. Everything seems to have it's own space.

el perro

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 16, 2016, 01:32 PM
Quote from: el perro on Mar 16, 2016, 01:18 PM
Quote from: gwenudo666 on Mar 16, 2016, 01:07 PM
Quote from: el perro on Mar 16, 2016, 01:04 PM
From my listen the vocals, drums and bass are inaudible. I can't even feel the kick drum. The best I can hear everything is through my crappy laptop speakers.
What are you listening from? Man, get your laptop, put some good headphones on and enjoy.. Dont tell me youre listening from your phones speaker or something lol everything is crispy clear

Nah I've gone round the house listening to it through two stereo systems, earphones and the crappy laptop speaks and everything is fighting for space to be heard. It sounds completely flat to me.

Sounds more than fine on my stereo. Maybe y'all need to invest in better equipment.

It's not the equipment but I've come back to listen to it and my hearing has significantly adjusted to the levels. I don't listen to any heavy music apart from Deftones and it's been a while so it's a lot of sound to get back used to.

sharinglungs

Love the song , will attempt to figure out lyrics later, can't wait for the official download from iTunes tomorrow

jciraheta

now hearing it in  a propher audiphones  sound much better

N0S3BLEED976

My take on the lyrics. Was pretty hard to make them out during the verses, so I left some words out.

there
bring your time
say goodbye now leave it
my fuse
has expired
fucking die just leave it

powerless
stuck in your weapon sheath
open your eyes
you're only playing yourself
whoever's watching
i hope they catch the drift
collect your crowd
you're now the queen of them

there
that's your life
go and (?)
loose and defiled
you define the need in

their delusion
don't deny it
don't make this out to be something about you

I've been scarred
fucking repulsed by this
my only tale
is one that I can't stand
now I become (?)
my heart is black
and I will never fail

there
say goodbye
just retire the needle
used (?)
take your body elsewhere

their delusion
don't deny it
don't make this out to be something about you
go waste your breathe somewhere to someone new

your castles burn
down on you
your kingdom's burned
down

their delusion
don't deny it
don't make this out to be a thing about you
(x2)
go waste your breathe somewhere to someone new

xbloodycape

Not sure if this has been posted but here is the direct link to the file posted on the SiriusXM blog.

Is there an mp3 format? This is wav.

https://sxmfeed.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/im-a-fooltbd-track-3.wav

Slacker

Quote from: xbloodycape on Mar 16, 2016, 05:58 PM
Not sure if this has been posted but here is the direct link to the file posted on the SiriusXM blog.

Is there an mp3 format? This is wav.

https://sxmfeed.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/im-a-fooltbd-track-3.wav

i think they did. thanks though.

77years

So raw.  The rawest sounding Deftones in years.  Even rawer than S/T

E-Money

Wish I was feeling this one... Hoping is grows on me. I'll say it's raw and reminds me of the adrenaline days a bit. I like prayers a lot more. Just something about this that isn't doing it for me.

nicklav

I hear web of shit over weapons sheathe.

nicklav

Gets better with each listen. Love his singing on the pre-chorus, chorus.

Entombed

I think this song was better than Prayers/Triangles overall. Still think the mix on both songs is poor, however, and Chino's vocals sound a bit above the mix on Doomed User. Despite not being crazy about this song, I'm a tad more excited for the album now.

I hope that the creativity and diversity we often hear from the Deftones overrides the poor production/mix on the album. I really wish they'd go back to Terry Date to record their albums.
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.

nicklav

Quote from: Entombed on Mar 16, 2016, 06:25 PM
I think this song was better than Prayers/Triangles overall. Still think the mix on both songs is poor, however, and Chino's vocals sound a bit above the mix on Doomed User. Despite not being crazy about this song, I'm a tad more excited for the album now.

I hope that the creativity and diversity we often hear from the Deftones overrides the poor production/mix on the album. I really wish they'd go back to Terry Date to record their albums.

I think most of us do. Wish Steph would go back to that 7-string too. The 8 is a little too muddy for his play style in my opinion.

pelican fly

Quote from: E-Money on Mar 16, 2016, 06:17 PM
Wish I was feeling this one... Hoping is grows on me. I'll say it's raw and reminds me of the adrenaline days a bit. I like prayers a lot more. Just something about this that isn't doing it for me.

Yes. I kind of feel the same way. I love how it kind of has that raw sound but it seems kind of bland. I would've loved it if they had more "atmosphere" to it. Delgado should of been more present in this with some trippy effects or something. I don't know. It just doesn't feel full enough. Hopefully it's a grower.

Also, at least it is a pretty good representation of how it sounds live. I'm glad it didn't turn out like the studio version Poltergeist.

Entombed

That'd be nice. I don't mind the deep sound of the 8th string from time to time, but I think their music was better when he played a 7 string stylistically.
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Mar 16, 2016, 04:42 PM

Agreed, it's gotten me very excited for this album.

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 16, 2016, 01:47 PM
It's funny how now when I go back and listen to the video of Doomer User live, it sounds less shitty and makes more sense since I am also kind of hearing the studio version in my head. Yes the vocals really are off and his voice is hoarse or whatever, but when you compare the performance to the studio version we now know, he really isn't that off in most parts. Can't wait to see if it sounds better in future shows. When is their next show?

Next show is tonight.

Quote from: Far away on Mar 16, 2016, 01:50 PM
I didnt like it, at all.

What don't you like about it?

Reichward

Good song. Not one of my favorites at the moment, but it's a nice counterpart to Prayers/Triangles. Also I must admit that it feels odd to hear some new Deftones this raw after the last albums.