Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Doomed user

Started by Koigoreyokan1990, Mar 01, 2016, 03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: jciraheta on Mar 16, 2016, 04:28 PM
right now for me  PT =9   DU : 7.5

I was thinking nearly the exact opposite.

DU = 9
PT = 7
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

E-Money

I really feel like the 8 string is taking away from their sound. It's so muddy now. I'm just over that. Not saying it's a bad song or anything. I just listened to hexagram then listened to doomed user and not even close for me. It seems like they were trying to go more along those lines with this track.. I'm just not feeling the same intensity.

mrpelon94

listen..have a coke and a smile 8)

snw9

Quote from: E-Money on Mar 16, 2016, 06:47 PM
I really feel like the 8 string is taking away from their sound. It's so muddy now. I'm just over that. Not saying it's a bad song or anything. I just listened to hexagram then listened to doomed user and not even close for me. It seems like they were trying to go more along those lines with this track.. I'm just not feeling the same intensity.

Steph's writing/riffing approach also changed, i think the heaviest and fastest songs I've heard on the 8 strings are Rocket Skates and Risk. Poltergeist was really heavy too however it lost that intensity of hexagram, Rats!, Rapture.
Code: [Select]

E-Money

Quote from: snw9 on Mar 16, 2016, 06:56 PM

Steph's writing/riffing approach also changed, i think the heaviest and fastest songs I've heard on the 8 strings are Rocket Skates and Risk. Poltergeist was really heavy too however it lost that intensity of hexagram, Rats!, Rapture.

Yup your right. Still can't believe they chose this as a single. Sounds like there are much more beautiful/ epic / grand tracks on the album.

cEvin Key

Another song with no low end... what the hell happened with the mix?
I like the song but this lack of bass and low end is starting to annoy me, if the whole record sounds like this it will keep me from fully enjoying it.

The mix is really poor, I don't understand how in this day and age where you can make a good mix on your laptop these guys are spending thousands for something so crappy sounding.

Sorry guys, I'm just kinda of frustrated because I feel that in terms of song writing this might end up being the best record of the Sergio era but the sound is so cheap that will keep some of us from fully enjoying the album.

I really hope I'll be wrong with the sound quality.

whitefur

I'm not really digging the 8 either. I think the 7 string on S/T was about the right balance.

Yoi Yes Kokan

this song was originally called "Never Cry Wolf" it was from 2010, it was going to be included on the cmnd/ctrl single as a b-side but they decided not to make that a single.

Phantasmagoria

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 16, 2016, 06:45 PM
Quote from: jciraheta on Mar 16, 2016, 04:28 PM
right now for me  PT =9   DU : 7.5

I was thinking nearly the exact opposite.

DU = 9
PT = 7

For me: PT = 6.5
DU = 9

xbloodycape

I just tabbed Doomed User.

Here's a link until it gets approved on Ultimate Guitar.

http://pastebin.com/raw/kw5F8z4m

snw9

Quote from: cEvin Key on Mar 16, 2016, 07:22 PM
Another song with no low end... what the hell happened with the mix?
I like the song but this lack of bass and low end is starting to annoy me, if the whole record sounds like this it will keep me from fully enjoying it.

The mix is really poor, I don't understand how in this day and age where you can make a good mix on your laptop these guys are spending thousands for something so crappy sounding.

Sorry guys, I'm just kinda of frustrated because I feel that in terms of song writing this might end up being the best record of the Sergio era but the sound is so cheap that will keep some of us from fully enjoying the album.

I really hope I'll be wrong with the sound quality.

I figured there was something strange about the mix, there is very little bass. The guitars are raw however don't sound the same as the earlier albums like KNY and DE. Maybe its not the final mix..

snw9

Quote from: E-Money on Mar 16, 2016, 07:18 PM
Quote from: snw9 on Mar 16, 2016, 06:56 PM

Yup your right. Still can't believe they chose this as a single. Sounds like there are much more beautiful/ epic / grand tracks on the album.

I don't think Doomed user is a single, they just played it live and chose to release it. I haven't read anything official about this being a single.

OcTCaNnIBaL22

Really liking "Doomed User" so far. I've probably listened to it 20 times today so far. It's growing on me and getting better with every listen! The vocals on Doomed User remind of the vocals on the song "Leathers".
Re sing, Re string, Unwind

Freedomsoldier17

After a second listen, noticing that DU really reminds me of The Boys Republic. The vocals in the chorus also are getting more catchy. I also really dig the outro, such a dreary and mysterious atmosphere that gives me high hopes for Geometric Headdress.

pelican fly

After hearing it on some good speakers and headphones I dig it.
Pure groove from them at points ( love the last minute and a half). I bet it serves its purpose when we hear the whole album. I bet they gave us the 2 most "straight forward" tracks out of them all.

Phantasmagoria

Actually, listening to it more, it's an absolute dime of a track. Awesome Hardcore Punk influences too.

Rally Sweat

Just after the one listen, the verse sounds soooo cheesy, and the lyrics ain't great. Dunno. Sounds more 'nineties' than they every did during that decade. Just a bit derivative and cringe-worthy. Really don't like sayin that, but it's made me a lot less excited for the album.  :(

from_musings

listened to it 3 times, cool contrast when it changes between "downtown tuned sounding" 8 string and that energetic razor sharp metal riff,which reminds me of teething a little.personally i think chino sounds badass on the verse with the rhythmic singing/screaming during the metal riff - pleasantly surprised by that part.adrenaline vibes. not really into the melodies during the eight string part...reminds me of leathers/kny high strained shouting kind of singing. sounds like a drunk chino off key almost.chorus is ok.in the end a good song 3.5/5

cvthedrv

cant believe how rad this shit is.

2MoreHours

I caved and listened to DU one time.  It's ok.  It doesn't really have a lot of replay value to me like Goon Squad, Prince, or Royal do so I won't be playing it out but it does give me some hope that there will be a good bit of variety on the album.  It's a lot different than P/T.