Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Doomed user

Started by Koigoreyokan1990, Mar 01, 2016, 03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alectwin

The song seems to be a good one, but i'm really disappointed with the mix levels, Chino's voice it's nearly unlistenable.

Inkblades

Damn, Stephen went all out on this one. After reading that review that said he impresses the most on the album, I'm getting psyched.

m1nusblindfoLd

Wow Jesus I like this. That guitar is sick and punk. Vocals are not really typical Deftones at times but sometimes it is and reminds me of Adrenaline/ATF or something. The music itself reminds of some of the older 90s heavy b-sides and also during the guitar breakdown later on it's very ATF/Adrenaline! I like very much.

Can someone rip this to mp3 pls before they take it down after a day?

Moz

While I complained a bit about the production on the previous page, it does fit this punk-like song, like m1nusblindfold says.

Inkblades

Wasn't sure how I felt about the vocals on the first listen, but they sounded better the second time when I focused in on them. They bounce between being jazzy and then punky/screaming in the verse part, which is pretty cool.

gwenudo

Honestly the sound i like the most from this song is that chunky riff you can hear at the beginning.. Its so heavy and groovy at the same time!! At first i thought that was Steph.. But its actually Sergio playing that part. I watched the live version numerous times and i noticed Steph doesnt do much on that section of the song, it doesnt go with it, but Sergios picking and finger placement is spot on with the riff.. Plus seeing how they keep talking about how they managed to sound almost alike, it has to be Sergio. Ill make sure i stand next to Steph this sunday when i see them live to make sure im not mistaken! In the meantime though, huge props to sergio and steph, killer song!!
Was it like it seemed?...

m1nusblindfoLd

Also I feel like I haven't heard that specific guitar noise starting at 2:32 (name for that?) since either White Pony or maybe S/T. I miss unique Deftones things like that.

gwenudo

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 16, 2016, 10:54 AM
Also I feel like I haven't heard that specific guitar noise starting at 2:32 (name for that?) since either White Pony or maybe S/T. I miss unique Deftones things like that.

Steph does that on Prayers/Triangles at the beginning and end i believe.. But you might be right, not sure. He does the basic for of that alot live, but the waviness is coming from the floyd rose whammy he added on his 8 string, i think he had a whammy bar sometimes in white pony. After white pony he started playing 7 string which did not have any whammy bars or anything, not till this album.. Found out the other day when they were interviewing him and he showed off his new 8 string with a floyd rose
Was it like it seemed?...

N0S3BLEED976

For anyone who wants to download it. I dug in the websites code for a bit and found the source for the audio file.
https://sxmfeed.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/im-a-fooltbd-track-3.wav

LG95

Really like the off-kilter vocals on this one.
I could float here forever

shine down unshy

It's so fucking good...what is he saying in the chorus?

Slacker

i like prayers/triangles the better

Freedomsoldier17

I'll definitely have to grow on this one...song just wasn't all that catchy for me the first listen.

But some positives regardless, I can see a ton of older metal fans(like from the 80s) having a total flashback when hearing this! It's also cool how Chino can still scream a bit and soar his voice a split second after.

Sicario

I hate to be that guy. Because I do like this song. But I personally feel like the riffs would benefit from some Diamond Eyes-like production. Like some more bare bones deep-sounding production. Basically like the sound of the live version. Know what I mean? Kind of like a Rocket Skates sound? This happened to me with Poltergeist as well. The guitars sound a little too "crunchy" if that makes sense. Otherwise the song is great.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

LG95

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Mar 16, 2016, 11:35 AM
I'll definitely have to grow on this one...song just wasn't all that catchy for me the first listen.
I think it's definitely a grower. I think Chino's vocals on it aren't something that immediately click - I think it takes a few listens to 'get' them.
I could float here forever

77years

Fuckin intense. Abe is totally going off, insane fills everywhere, love it. Like a carnival ride.

Hidalgo

really good stuff here. heaviest song since rapture and rats rats rats maybe

77years

Really intense vocal, you've got to respect a song that opens with the bridge, just like with the live version that riff is disgusting and on point, probably the punkest song they've released in a long time

Abe should have his arms insured for $1 billion

ConcealingFate92

It's awesome.

And, maybe i'm crazy, but the download version that NOS3BL33D posted sounds better, and cleaner...
Always the same old taste, just a new injury...

phil for real

Quote from: ConcealingFate92 on Mar 16, 2016, 11:54 AM
It's awesome.

And, maybe i'm crazy, but the download version that NOS3BL33D posted sounds better, and cleaner...

It really does lol.  Wonder why?